Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: mianileng
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 12, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Which UV filter brand?

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
"mianileng" writes:

I want to get a 52mm UV filter to protect the lens on my new
FZ150, and since the local camera shop doesn't have...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 12, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Which UV filter brand?

Alex Monro wrote:
mianileng wrote:

I want to get a 52mm UV filter to protect the lens on my new
FZ150, and since the local camera shop doesn't have any, I'll
have to order one online. I...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 12, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Which UV filter brand?

nospam wrote:
In article , mianileng
wrote:

I want to get a 52mm UV filter to protect the lens on my new
FZ150, and since the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 12, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Which UV filter brand?

Bruce wrote:
"mianileng" wrote:

I want to get a 52mm UV filter to protect the lens on my new
FZ150, and since the local camera shop doesn't have any, I'll
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 12, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Which UV filter brand?

I want to get a 52mm UV filter to protect the lens on my new
FZ150, and since the local camera shop doesn't have any, I'll
have to order one online. I have a choice of Kenko, Hoya, Marumi
and...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 12, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 36
Posted By mianileng
Lytro

philo wrote:

The last two pair of pants I purchased was at Good Will and I
spent a
total of $5
The door on my old refrigerator does not close properly and my
wife
insisted we get a...
Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 12, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By mianileng
Are Duracells OK?

Robert Coe wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:50:38 -0600, George Kerby
wrote:

On 2/17/12 5:30 AM, in article
,
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 12, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By mianileng
Are Duracells OK?

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
"David J Taylor"
writes:

"mianileng"...
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 12, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By mianileng
Are Duracells OK?

David J Taylor wrote:
"mianileng" wrote in message
I just sent my son to get me some AA Duracell alkalines from
the
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 12, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By mianileng
Are Duracells OK?

I just sent my son to get me some AA Duracell alkalines from the
neighbourhood camera shop but they told him that they don't stock
Duracells anymore because they are no longer "good" - a term...
Forum: Digital Photography November 22nd 11, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By mianileng
Efficiency of cheap macro lenses at near infrared?

gregz wrote:
"mianileng" wrote:
This does not directly involve photography but I thought the
people here would be knowledgeable enough about the subject to
Forum: Digital Photography November 22nd 11, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By mianileng
Efficiency of cheap macro lenses at near infrared?

Peter Irwin wrote:
mianileng wrote:

The LEDs operate at 940nm. Transmission curves at the
following
link for soda lime, borosilicate and UV glasses indicate...
Forum: Digital Photography November 22nd 11, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

PeterN wrote:
On 11/21/2011 2:34 PM, mianileng wrote:
This does not directly involve photography but I thought the
people here would be knowledgeable enough about the subject to
Forum: Digital Photography November 22nd 11, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Me wrote:
On 22/11/2011 8:34 a.m., mianileng wrote:
This does not directly involve photography but I thought the
people here would be knowledgeable enough about the subject to
help.

Forum: Digital Photography November 21st 11, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By mianileng
Efficiency of cheap macro lenses at near infrared?

This does not directly involve photography but I thought the
people here would be knowledgeable enough about the subject to
help.

I'm working on an electronics project for which I'd like to have...
Forum: Digital Photography August 5th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Comedy in camera reviews, Dpreview and the E-P1

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Twibil wrote:
On Aug 4, 11:24 pm, Twibil wrote:
Of course the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 09, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Comedy in camera reviews, Dpreview and the E-P1

Rich wrote:
On Aug 4, 4:00 am, Twibil wrote:

Used to be that SLR lenses were made almost entirely of metal
and
glass. These days, much of that metal has been...
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 09, 10:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Comedy in camera reviews, Dpreview and the E-P1

"Twibil" wrote in message
On Aug 3, 11:33 pm, "mianileng"

Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 09, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By mianileng
Comedy in camera reviews, Dpreview and the E-P1

"Rich" wrote in message

The lenses are almost completely
plastic except for the glass in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 3rd 09, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By mianileng
Kinda puts it into prespective, doesn't it?

"Shakey" wrote in message
http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/7/29&name=Cathy

Shakey

Those...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 09, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

"Shakey" wrote in message
http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/7/29&name=Cathy

Shakey

Those...
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 09, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By mianileng
background color for skin photos

wrote in message
i was always taught to use blue as a background when taking pix
of
skin; is there a reason for this? i...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 2nd 09, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

"Shakey" wrote in message
http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComic.mpl?date=2009/7/29&name=Cathy

Shakey

Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 09, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital