Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Adams[_2_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 9th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Double Blind Testing to Kill the Trolls

wrote:

I suppose I am just surprised that no one has done this yet; even if
one could make an argument for it being unfeasible, it seems that with
sufficient thought,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 7th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Double Blind Testing to Kill the Trolls

Ali wrote:
Because it depends on who is looking at the image. It's not just about
trustworthy.

Yea, it's like lossless audio compared to mp3 @256kb/s. Some claim they
can hear the difference...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 7th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 49
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Photoshop blur tool Vs expensive lenses

That kid in the photo looks like a future fairy male ballet dancer.
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 115
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Photoshop blur tool Vs expensive lenses

That kid in the photo looks like a future fairy male ballet dancer.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 28th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
$230 12MP camera?

Doug Jewell wrote:

Now go to the drop down list and choose "Barbie, detail without
flash". The Nikon is at ISO 3200, the Olympus is only at ISO 800.
Despite the ISO on the Nikon being 4x...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 28th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
$230 12MP camera?

Doug Jewell wrote:

Agree that the Olympus looks better in the first shot - but the
difference could be the lens, or could be differences in the level of
sharpening.
Now go to the drop down...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 28th 07, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
$230 12MP camera?

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:

Stay away from the Olympus digital SLRs because they use a smaller
sensor and are noisier.

Then why do the Olympus E510 examples look better than the Nikon D40X in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 28th 07, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Another question Compact Flash Cards

Jrgen Exner wrote:

What do you mean by SHQ?

That's what the highest .jpg qaulity is called on both my Olympus
cameras. I assume SHQ means Super High Quality. By default it was set to
High...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 27th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 19
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
$230 12MP camera?

David J Taylor wrote:
I would suggest not getting a 4/3 camera
(Olympus, Panasonic?), as these are almost as big and heavy as a
conventional DSLR, but have a smaller sensor which means more...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 27th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Another question Compact Flash Cards

Roland R. wrote:
If I were to get a 2GB card for my 10MP XTi, how many pictures would it
roughly hold? From my math, I came up with about 300-375. Does that sound
right?

Seeing as you...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 26th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
SLR image quality

RichA wrote:

More control. No more using filters for white balancing, easier use
of remote shooting.

I noticed my new Olympus E510 has color filters (green, red etc.)for B&W
photography...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 24th 07, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 120
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
I have a 30mp camera redux

Chris Malcolm wrote:

Given how much expensive computer equipment and software you claim to
have, you obviously have far more money than expertise in digital
photography.

I have all that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 24th 07, 11:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 120
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
I have a 30mp camera redux

Ray Fischer wrote:

Gee, with a really good scanner you could take a pictire of a flower
from 100 feet and blow it up to see the individual cells in the
plant.

Right?

Works for CSI so...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 24th 07, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
$2500 portable Gitzo

TH O wrote:

Troll technique: snip the quoted text so it looks like the poster was
replying to something other than what he did. Excellent example from
John!

I snip for brevity and no other...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 120
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
I have a 30mp camera redux

Scott W wrote:

Wow, you saw a difference between 1200 ppi and 2400 ppi, that says that
you have more detail then 2MP in your scans.

Not much difference between 2400 and 4800 your say,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 120
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
I have a 30mp camera redux

acl wrote:

Yes, but at least his stupidity (whether real or faked) and completely
misplaced self-confidence is amusing.

Is it real or is it Memorex?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 120
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
I have a 30mp camera redux

John McWilliams wrote:

There's no evidence at all so far that "John Adams" has any real
experience in digital imagery. If he does, it's well buried in the
baiting and pestilence he puts...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 120
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
I have a 30mp camera redux

Scott W wrote:

Nope, I don't like lens flare at all, just said some people do.
And it was you my friend who talked about getting a Holga, not really
knowing what a Holga was all about. If...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 120
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
I have a 30mp camera redux

Andrew Haley wrote:

Sure it is. How do you suppose printing slides gets done, anyway?
The slide is scanned and then the paper is exposed, either by a laser
or LEDs. It is still possible to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
British BBC4 series: The Genius of Photography

John McWilliams wrote:

We had Maple syrup in Vermont well before the first Canadian was mounted.

Says nothing about that on Wikipedia so I think you are...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 16
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Panasonic FZ50 beats the DSLRs (again!)

Douglas wrote:

Perhaps ...but you would still have had to (noisily) lock up the mirror.
House rules forbid that. I get special exemption at (some) churches because
the FZ50 operates...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 22nd 07, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2

Douglas wrote:

Perhaps ...but you would still have had to (noisily) lock up the mirror.
House rules forbid that. I get special exemption at (some) churches because
the FZ50 operates...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
$2500 portable Gitzo

Celcius wrote:

But John,
People with money aren't so blatant about it.
I guess you must be a "nouveau riche" ;-(
Marcel

Wel, yea, if I was old rich I would have to let tourists walk...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Lense Creep

frederick wrote:

Anyone who writes "lense" as the singular of lenses (plural)

Do I have to beat it into your thick head once again that lense is a
perfectly acceptable variant of lens?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 22nd 07, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 21
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
$2500 portable Gitzo

TH O wrote:

Wow, we have a new troll. I didn't think there was any more room for
them here.

Just because you can't afford what I can doesn't mean you have to be
spiteful.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76