Need advice

Notorious* wrote:
tony cooper wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:42:49 -0400, Michael
wrote:

On 2008-07-10 14:06:10 -0400, ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 9th 08, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 23
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Canon 5D flash sync question.

Eric Miller wrote:
Since this subject is related to flash sync, I thought I'd ask it here.
I have been taking some product shots for a new website I will be
launching in a few weeks (it's...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 9th 08, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

jimkramer wrote:
"Eric Miller" wrote in message
Since this subject is related to flash sync, I thought...
Forum: Digital Photography July 7th 08, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 0
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
One Subject - 4 Views

Annika1980 wrote:
Here's 4 pics I took the other day of the same subject.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/99543421

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 7th 08, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 0
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
One Subject - 4 Views

Annika1980 wrote:
Here's 4 pics I took the other day of the same subject.

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/99543421

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 7th 08, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
[Dust] Blow job defeat

Alan Browne wrote:
Lewzeelastik wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
For the first time since...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 18th 08, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Circle of Confusion - applied values

Frankster wrote:
A 4x5 camera has inherently less depth of field than a 40D.

You miss the 4x5 point entirely.

You can TILT the film plain and/or lens plate (relative to each other)
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 13th 08, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Epson 3800 - URGENT

Ray Paseur wrote:
John McWilliams wrote in
:

Ray Paseur wrote:
wrote in
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 08, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Epson 3800 - URGENT

Ray Paseur wrote:
John McWilliams wrote in
:

Ray Paseur wrote:
wrote in
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 11th 08, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Waste of Money?

cameragal wrote:
I just purchased a 5D and the specs say it is compatible with compact
flash I and II. Can I use compact flash III or IV or is that a waste
of money? thanks in advance

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 9th 08, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Manual focus of non-full-time manual focus lenses?

Wilba wrote:
I keep seeing warnings that you shouldn't manually focus the Canon lenses
that aren't Full-time Manual Focus, if they are in AF mode.

For example, in DPReview's test of the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 2nd 08, 12:20 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 45
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Canon 40D falls apart after delivery ?

Focus wrote:
Several people have had shutter err 99 problems with the 40D:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1019&thread=27453471&page=1

One after 1 week, one after 3...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 1st 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
lest we forget

Doug Jewell wrote:
Colin_D wrote:
Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"Draco" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 30th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
lest we forget

Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"Draco" wrote in message
On May 27, 9:12 am, Noons...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 28th 08, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
NASA's Mars probe: NO cmos, NO Bayer

Voodoo Thunder Pig wrote:
RichA wrote:

from Amateur Photography magazine;

The camera has a double Gauss lens system, a design commonly used in
35mm cameras,' explains the space...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 22nd 08, 11:26 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 59
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
What the reviewers don't view...

Focus wrote:
It's warm and cozy in the perfectly lit studios of most reviewers, but do
you really get a really good "buying advise"?

I don't think so. The 40D Canon I had, seemed OK at...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 8th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Canon is HURTING!!!

flaming-o wrote:
Sony sells the innards to multiple camera manufacturers, they have
reason to be bullish.
Matsu****a presumably equals Nikon but no one seems to know for sure.
Nikon is one...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 1st 08, 04:48 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 70
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Gone with the what?

Alienjones wrote:

I've long been fascinated with the set construction skills and the
backdrop paintings of the people who created the scenes...
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 08, 11:54 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 190
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
D200 vs D300 at ISO 1600

PixelPix wrote:
On Apr 13, 12:35 am, Willarojo wrote:
"Rita Berkowitz" vehemently accused...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 6th 08, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 75
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Returned from Borneo trip

Alfred Molon wrote:
snip

It's not a subjective issue. The histogram of a properly exposed average
scene (not one of for instance a dark room, or of a hill covered with
white snow under...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 6th 08, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 66
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Returned from Borneo trip

Alfred Molon wrote:
snip

It's not a subjective issue. The histogram of a properly exposed average
scene (not one of for instance a dark room, or of a hill covered with
white snow under...
Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 08, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 83
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
Returned from Borneo trip

Alfred Molon wrote:
snip

It's not a subjective issue. The histogram of a properly exposed average
scene (not one of for instance a dark room, or of a hill covered with
white snow under...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 2nd 08, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:57:08 -0700 (PDT), Annika1980 wrote:

On Mar 31, 10:31 pm, wrote:
Note that Pbase will show large pictures in a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 2nd 08, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 145
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
[SI] The Final (again) Fate of the Shoot-In

wrote:
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:48:59 -0400, "Rita Berkowitz"
wrote:

Matthew Winn wrote:

Right now they want 800x600... Windows won't even run in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 26th 08, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 97
Posted By Colin_D[_2_]
So how do we know if the colour you see is correct?

Alan Browne wrote:
Colin_D wrote:
____ wrote:
In article ,