Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill K
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill K
Newbie asks how to focus on subject and blur background

On Aug 4, 12:12 pm, wrote:
I have a Canon S3 digital. I just want to take some portrait type
shots with the subject in focus and background fuzzy. I have looked
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 07, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill K
TIPS TO GIVE YOUR PARTNER THE PERFECT FRENCH KISS

On Jul 31, 7:14 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
"Bill K" wrote in message

On Jul...
Forum: Digital Photography July 31st 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill K
TIPS TO GIVE YOUR PARTNER THE PERFECT FRENCH KISS

On Jul 31, 5:50 am, ASAAR wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 04:38:25 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:
I don't know what Gator Bait smells like, and that might have
contributed to your...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill K
TIPS TO GIVE YOUR PARTNER THE PERFECT FRENCH KISS

On Jul 29, 2:47 pm, "Roy G" wrote:
"NENCY" wrote in message

Kissing,...
Forum: Digital Photography April 28th 07, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.usage.english,rec.photo.digital,rec.arts.fine
Replies: 26
Posted By Bill K
Why does English call a "still life" what the Italians call "Natura Morta"

On Apr 27, 10:04 am, (Biljo White) wrote:
" kaci wrote:

".

What do the British call a photograph of fruits sitting on a table?

Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 23rd 07, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By Bill K
OH LOOK ANOTHER TROLL!!

On Apr 23, 9:57 am, John McWilliams wrote:
Pete D wrote:
I thought you were dead?

Who is it you mean? Or, if the OP has the balls to say who he is up
front, that'd be...
Forum: Digital Photography April 23rd 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 38
Posted By Bill K
Is there an easy way of making an image viewable but not copyable on a publicly accesible site e.g. My Space

On Apr 23, 9:10 am, Joe Makowiec wrote:
On 23 Apr 2007 in rec.photo.digital, Caseem wrote:

I have some copyrighted images that I would like people to see
Forum: Digital Photography March 24th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill K
Amature needs feedback on portrait lighting

On Mar 22, 11:20 pm, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
DeanB wrote:
Ok, aside from the dinner around her face, and spilt on her sweater,
and the generally unprepared...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 12th 07, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill K
There are/will be no pro cameras, other than Canon or Nikon

On Mar 10, 7:06 pm, "RichA" wrote:
All the rest, including the new Sony proposals are "prosumer" or
"enthusiast" market cameras.
Sony and Olympus talk about "pro" models,...
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 07, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill K
Acapulco

On Feb 16, 4:38 pm, John McWilliams wrote:
Any photo ops that I should miss, or ones you'd recommend in and around
Acapulco? (I don't care about the cliff divers.)

Forum: Digital Photography February 14th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By Bill K
General Electric (GE) camera

On Feb 14, 3:26 pm, Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article , ASAAR

wrote:
I guess that you're not familiar with GE's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 3rd 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 821
Posted By Bill K
Are IS lenses doomed ?

On Jan 11, 7:48 am, "Skip" wrote:
"VC" wrote in message

... The release of Sony Alpha with the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 21st 07, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 60
Posted By Bill K
The 3:2 ratio needs to go, it's a throwback and a stupid waste

John McWilliams wrote:
PanHandler wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message

snip

Just like the CF...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 17th 07, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 60
Posted By Bill K
The 3:2 ratio needs to go, it's a throwback and a stupid waste

Joseph Meehan wrote:
RichA wrote:
This ratio is just about worthless. In the first place, 4:3 ratio is ..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's...
Forum: Digital Photography January 11th 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Bill K
Does *Anyone* Here Like Kodak Digital Cameras?

Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 03:15:17 -0800, mutefan wrote:

Anyway, I Googled this group to see if I could find the source of the
anti-Kodak-itis, but I found nothing. So...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 7th 07, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Bill K
PBS "American Masters" - Annie Leibovitz

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

I watched the documentary as well and found it very interesting.
AL is a gifted photographer, but I wonder how much of her fame comes
as a...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:

I watched the documentary as well and found it very interesting.
AL is a gifted photographer, but I wonder how much of her fame comes
as a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 4th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill K
Perspective in then and now photos

John McWilliams wrote:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/images/lignieres_then_and_now/

Above is interesting and informative site regarding before and after-
then and now- images.

--
John...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment January 3rd 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners

wrote:
On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:00:24 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Harry Stottle wrote:
"ASAAR" wrote in message
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 3rd 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Replies: 285
Posted By Bill K
Merry Christmas

wrote:
On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:00:24 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Harry Stottle wrote:
"ASAAR" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.digital,comp.periphs.scanners
Replies: 276
Posted By Bill K
Merry Christmas

wrote:
On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:00:24 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Harry Stottle wrote:
"ASAAR" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill K
Digital print question

Roy G wrote:
"Little Juice Coupe" wrote in message
Very true, but if you read what I said and you understand English I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 28th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Bill K
N.Y. Times claims it's all over for Canon and Nikon!

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
The Times today had a full page add claiming, "If you want clear pictures
you don't want a Canon or Nikon." They also claim that only 20% of Canon
and Nikon lenses have...
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 06, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bill K
The light of truth !!!

man wrote:
What is life? Man's existence in this world and the creation of this
entire universe are not mere accidents or products of a fortuitous
nature. This universe, every single atom of...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 06, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill K
Fairy Tales

Rick Sciacca wrote: