Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com
Forum: Digital Photography May 28th 08, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
R U an Addict ? Need Help ?

ME TOO.

I will go out and take a bunch of pictures and then sit up well into the
night printing them out. Also all the photo girls at the local Wal-Mart know
me on a first name bases. They just...
Forum: Digital Photography May 28th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
All in one Printer - Lexmark

Price out your cartridges carefully. Try to find out how much in is in the
cartridges.

Generally the most expensive ink is Lexmark, then HP, Epson and Canon ink is
least expensive.

Epson and Canon...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 21st 08, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Canon EOS Digital Rebel suddenly all black!?

It would be interesting to know how many pictures that camera has made over
its life.

Sounds like for the sessions being talked about between 4500 and 5500 photo's
were taken. While this may number...
Forum: Digital Photography March 23rd 08, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Multiple Charger for 20D/30D/40D battery?

You don't say if you are traveling on foot or in a car. If you are in a car
you might think about buying a small inverter to make AC to plug your charger
into. I have a camp that is off the grid...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 21st 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
How do you STORE your RAW images and organize your JPG's????

I am currently using Bibble Pro from Bibble Labs. My OS is Linux so I have
a few less choices for specialized software. I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT
and the native Linux photo software did not...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 13th 07, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Duracell Rechargeable AA/HR6/DC1500 NuMH/1.2v

The self discharge rate on Ni-Cad/Ni-Mh batteries tends to discharge as they
get older which would mean that they would run down quicker. Also the
batteries will not necessarily age evenly. ...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras December 10th 07, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 3
35mm slides to digital fles

You don't say what kind of a TV you have. If you have a HD (High Definition,
wide screen) TV and you DVD is a SD (Standard Definition, squareish picture)
DVD you will get a distorted picture if you...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 07, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
looking for a practical home printer

I work for the electronics department of a major retailer and have previously
provided computer support professionally.

I tell all my customers this when asked.

Lexmark Ink - Most expensive ink.
HP...
Forum: Digital Photography October 24th 07, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Negative types?

Sounds like it might be film size 126. It used to be used in point and
shoots. It had a plastic drop in cartridge that contained both a file source
spool and a film take up spool. Similar to a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 6th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 20
Advice for finding discontinued film

I can't help you about picking a good site.

However remember you can get a limited use CC# from your CC company. That
way you can control how much money they can suck out of your account if...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 07, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
NiMH batteries for my digicam have one battery acting weird.

While batteries in a set are in theory created equal; sometimes you get one
that has a flaw in it that affects the lifespan its lifespan.

Depending on how old this set of batteries are this failure...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 24th 07, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 3
Editing Question - screen angle???

I feel that looking at the screen at a 90 degree angle would be best.

You should also check the contrast and color setting of your laptop to make
sure that the settings are correct. That could have...
Forum: Digital Photography September 13th 07, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Using 2GB SD-Card with 1GB capable Camera.

Most SD cards have a lock-unlock switch on them to write protect them. Some
SD cards that are larger that 2GB have a switch to down size them to 1GB.
You might check to see if this card has such a...
Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Why after format it doesn't goes back?

You don't say what you are doing with the pictures bofore you "format" the
card. If you are removing them for storage with a computer some of my
comments do not apply.

If you are only erasing them...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 07, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
CF to SD adapter?

I would recommend that you check your price on an adapter before purchasing
one. Memory cards can be found for about $10US per GB if you do not require
the fastest speeds or top name brands. I...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras June 6th 07, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 10
FZ-10 Batteries/Charger

I generally buy my batteries from the batterybarn.com

Forum: Digital Photography May 26th 07, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
HELP needed with Digital Frame memory

Check you printer and your computer you may already have a cardreader.

Photo printers made in the last couple of years normally have a card reader
built in.

Many desktop and laptop computers in the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 26th 07, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Printer ink a major rip-off?

That is why I by my printer in in bulk. I purchased my last printer, which I
bought specifically to do photos, with the the idea that I was going to use
bulk ink with I. I purchased an Epson...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 23rd 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
35mm film lens on DSLR

The thing that you will notice the most is the 35mm lens will appear slightly
darker in the viewfinder compared to a lens designed for an APS C size sensor,
ie one that is about 2/3 the size of a...
Forum: Digital Photography March 27th 07, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
??s about Canon Rebel XTi?

Hi.

I have had a Digital Rebel XT for about a year and a half so far. I have
used it enough and solved some of your problems I think.

Normally I used the Tv setting. For indoor use I would...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 1st 07, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Can you name this camera?

My father had a Zeis Ikon from the 50's that sounds like the camera that you
are describing. It had a photo cell light meter that you could to set the
exposure. The front lens element was attached...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 15th 07, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 37
Digital vs Scanners??

I have good results doing E-6 in my kitchen sink in a plastic film developing
tank. I was using a tank that would hold 2 rolls of film and 16 oz of
chemestry. Initially I just put all my containers...
Forum: Digital Photography February 11th 07, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
HP vs Epson paper?

The other option is to use a flourescent light to test your paper/ink
combination for durability.

1. Get a 2 tube flourescent light fixture and hang 8" to 10" above a table
in an unused area.

2. ...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 48
How do you guys view your digital photos?

I normally print mine. Then I can just hand them around. I print multiple
images on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of photo paper for most of them. I print 1 8x10
on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of photo paper for the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 07, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
NIMH (rechargeable) and Alkaline non rechargeable

Hi Paul

NiMH are a good replacement for Alkalines in applications that have a high
drain rate (ie. require a releative large amount of power over a short
period of time) or used constatly and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33