Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: VC
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 30th 07, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By VC
Boring sunset photos

"Ken Lucke" wrote in message
In article , VC
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 30th 07, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 42
Posted By VC
Boring sunset photos

Why would anybody put watermarks on photos, that he considers boring ;-) ?
You remind me one woman that spends half a day putting on makeup so that at
the party she could say:
"Oh, the color of...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 24th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By VC
10 vs 8 MP

Now compare the following two images from the same source.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS30D/Samples/Compared/Studio/30d_iso0100_std.JPG
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 21st 07, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 29
Posted By VC
10 vs 8 MP

I am trying to decide if 10 MP is significantly better than 8MP. ( just want
to decide whether to buy Canon XTi or 30d )
The very respectfule sources say - no difference. While the image is bigger...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 15th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 60
Posted By VC
The 3:2 ratio needs to go, it's a throwback and a stupid waste

"RichA" wrote in message
This ratio is just about worthless. In the first place, 4:3 ratio is
more...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 14th 07, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 821
Posted By VC
Are IS lenses doomed ?

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:16:14 -0800, VC wrote
(in article...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 821
Posted By VC
Are IS lenses doomed ?

The release of Sony Alpha with the image stabilization in camera ( although
this is not new) highlighted the fundamental problem with Canon.
Canon have had IS lenses long ago as it would be very...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 2nd 07, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By VC
[kook] Resolution: Sony Alpha versus Canon 1DsMkII, 5D & Nikon D2X

Actually to my big surprise an impression from the Sony's image is better
than from Canon 30D's.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/page23.asp
Maybe I am looking at the wrong place...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 2nd 07, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By VC
Canon 400D vs 30D

Back to the original question, I too am torn between these two cameras.
I like the feel of the 30D in my hands better than the 400D/Rebel
XTi. I like the control layout of the 30D a little...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9