Showing results 1 to 25 of 66
Search took 0.54 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Morton
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 09, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 94
Posted By Morton
CF dying?

Jürgen Exner wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
Jürgen Exner wrote:
I don't see this as a problem. First, most photographers have no use
for SD cards larger than 2GB, let...
Forum: Digital Photography May 12th 09, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Morton
Ten years of digital photography

Gary Edstrom wrote:
May 18th will mark 10 years since I took my first digital picture with
my first digital camera: A Kodak DC-265

At only 1.5MP, it was definitely no match for a 35mm...
Forum: Digital Photography January 9th 09, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Morton
Problem With Picasa 3 and moviethumb.exe

Hi,

I have a problem, and cannot find a solution at Picasa sites.

I just downloaded Picasa 3 to modernize my older Picasa 2. Everything
seems to be OK, but whenever I click on Picasa 3, I get an...
Forum: Digital Photography December 5th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 67
Posted By Morton
P&S versus DSLR -- actual photos for comparison

Andrew Koenig wrote:
It is said that a picture is worth 1,000 words. Accordingly, I set up a
tripod and took a bunch of pictures of the same subject with a P+S camera
and a DSLR. The...
Forum: Digital Photography November 11th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Morton
How To Change Exif Date on SD Card From Canon Elph SD 850

Morton wrote:
Hi,

For some unknown reason, my SD 850 entered the wrong dates on about a
dozen photos, which is a bother when viewing images via Windows or
Picasa 2 software on my Vista...
Forum: Digital Photography November 9th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Morton
How To Change Exif Date on SD Card From Canon Elph SD 850

Hi,

For some unknown reason, my SD 850 entered the wrong dates on about a
dozen photos, which is a bother when viewing images via Windows or
Picasa 2 software on my Vista Home premium laptop.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography November 4th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Posted By Morton
Thirteen Reasons to choose a Digital SLR over a Point and Shoot

SMS wrote:
With all the misinformation being posted by our friend with multiple
personalities, I thought that it would be a good idea to repost the
facts regarding the advantages of digital...
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 08, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Morton
Cataracts and colo(u)r

Gordon MacPherson wrote:
No - not the waterfalls. Last November we had a brilliant full moon on a
frosty clear night. The moon had those wonderful haloes (?sp) often seen in
these conditions....
Forum: Digital Photography September 23rd 08, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 12
Posted By Morton
Finally organising photos in Picassa

OG wrote:
"OG" wrote in message

Similarly, if you edit a photo in Picasa, the original unedited version
will...
Forum: Digital Photography September 23rd 08, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 12
Posted By Morton
Finally organising photos in Picassa

wrote:
Morton wrote:

The beauty of Picasa is that it automatically copies any photos from
your hard drive.

Your really on top of this...
Forum: Digital Photography September 23rd 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 12
Posted By Morton
Finally organising photos in Picassa

mm wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:33:11 +0100, "john d hamilton"
wrote:

Novice has years of photos moved around and copied 'here and there', so now
has lots of...
Forum: Digital Photography August 1st 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 79
Posted By Morton
Unfortunate for P&S

measekite wrote:
Many point and shoot cameras including Canon are being released with
nice features and wider to longer zoom lenses but without viewfinders.
Being sold with larger 3" LCDs,...
Forum: Digital Photography July 8th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 46
Posted By Morton
Photographing Where No Electricity Source

Jake wrote:
Anyone had any experience with photographing for over a week where there
is no electricity.

I am guessing that the two main options are to take a lot of charged
batteries, or...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 8th 08, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 48

Jake wrote:
Anyone had any experience with photographing for over a week where there
is no electricity.

I am guessing that the two main options are to take a lot of charged
batteries, or...
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 08, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Morton
Battery Question - Camera for Teenager

DerbyDad03 wrote:
I won't cloud the issue by telling you fine folks what cameras/
features I am looking because I want to restrict the discussion to
batteries, specifically Lithium Ion packs...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 08, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Morton
light weight travel tripod for sub compact camera?

peter wrote:
I' traveling and am looking for a light weight tripod for a sub compact
(pocketable) camera like the canon elph. I already have a slick U6000 tripod
weighting 2.5 lb. It is...
Forum: Digital Photography June 7th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Morton
my pics of Paris

Jean-Yves wrote:
http://revoir-paris.blogspot.com/

Hello Jean-Yves,

Your Paris pix are very nice indeed. They bring back many happy memories
to me and my wife. While I was a student in...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 48
Posted By Morton
Automatic ISO versus Manual Setting

ray wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:18:50 -0500, Morton wrote:

Hi,

I'm an advanced photographer, who for reasons of age and decreasing
vision gave up on my SLR film outfit. I'm now...
Forum: Digital Photography February 22nd 08, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Dave Cohen wrote:
Morton wrote:
Hi,

I'm an advanced photographer, who for reasons of age and decreasing
vision gave up on my SLR film outfit. I'm now using a Canon Digital
Elph ...
Forum: Digital Photography February 22nd 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 48
Posted By Morton
Automatic ISO versus Manual Setting

Hi,

I'm an advanced photographer, who for reasons of age and decreasing
vision gave up on my SLR film outfit. I'm now using a Canon Digital Elph
SD-850. I can set the ISO values for automatic,...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 17th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.journalism.photo,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Morton
"Gaudi - Abstract" - pictures - have a look!

allPhoto wrote:
Hi,
Come and see my new serie of pictures
"Gaudi - Abstract"
http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=24

It's very loose and liberate visualisation of his...
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to alt.journalism.photo,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital

allPhoto wrote:
Hi,
Come and see my new serie of pictures
"Gaudi - Abstract"
http://www.allphoto.com.pl/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=24

It's very loose and liberate visualisation of his...
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 07, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Morton
dpreview

MG wrote:
Anyone else having difficulty connecting to dpreview?

I have been unable to connect to this page for more than a week.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz18/

Same for...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Morton
Colorsmart RGB or Adobe RGB?

Paul Furman wrote:
Morton wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Windows Home Premium, and printing with an HP Photosmart
8200. My printer is set by default to Colorsmart RGB, and I am
actually...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Morton
Colorsmart RGB or Adobe RGB?

Hi,

I'm running Windows Home Premium, and printing with an HP Photosmart
8200. My printer is set by default to Colorsmart RGB, and I am actually
pleased with my prints from my Canon SD 800 IS...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 66