Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography December 24th 06, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Image Stabilization vs Noise

jpc writes:

I wouldn't expect to see this on a DSLR using IS lens since the
piezo motors are much farther away from the sensor electronics.

I think most of the IS lenses have been pretty...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 219
Posted By [email protected]
lens vs. image sensors in digital photgraphy

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" writes:

No one answered my question on what is the most important greenhouse
gas by a factor of about 8 over all other...
Forum: Digital Photography December 22nd 06, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 219
Posted By [email protected]
lens vs. image sensors in digital photgraphy

"J. Clarke" writes:

So you're saying that burning wood doesn't produce CO2? If not then
what are you saying?

No it does not, it only cycles it rapidly.

--
Paul...
Forum: Digital Photography December 20th 06, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

For EOS-1D IIx owners, there are new firmware versions that enable CF
cards of over 8GB to be used. And yes, Sandisk have anounced 12
and 16GB ones.

--
Paul Repacholi ...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 06, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

They seemrf to be using Nikon disposables now ;)

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.

Kennedy McEwen writes:

In article ,
Rich writes
Note this passage from the document...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 15th 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
HAVE YOU BEEN NAUGHTY OR NICE ???

"Jay Beckman" writes:

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Hard to believe that the Holiday...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 06, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Still confused about RAW & TIF

(Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

wrote:
(Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

Nikon has stated that they do use analog gain control, before the
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 06, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Still confused about RAW & TIF

"Routemeister" writes:

IF storage safety is the issue and you don't trust your RAW support,
Adobe DNG is a better alternative.

Can you get original non de-mossaiced...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 06, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Still confused about RAW & TIF

Mueen Nawaz writes:

Tony Belding wrote:
Raw is not a standard data format, it's different for each camera.
So far the *only* program I've found that can read my camera's...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 06, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
copy Exif from one image to another

"Bucky" writes:

looking for an open source, Windows utility to copy Exif data from one
image to another.

EXIFTOOL will do that, and a ****load of other stuff as well. You...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Still confused about RAW & TIF

(Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

There is no difference between computing it from the "preview jpg"
and the "real" raw data, as that would be the same either way.

Yes there is. You...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Still confused about RAW & TIF

Paul Rubin writes:

writes:
That is because the histogram is computed from the preview jpg, not
from the real, raw, data. Trying to do...
Forum: Digital Photography December 11th 06, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
K100D shake reduction

map writes:

I'm interested in the K100/K110.
does anyone has the K100?

Don't have one, but have shot test shots with one.

how effective is the shake reduction? about 1...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 58
Posted By [email protected]
Landscape Stitching & Lens Choice

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" writes:

Also, I built my own pano head to hold my camera in landscape
orientation so the focus from bottom to the top of the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 219
Posted By [email protected]
lens vs. image sensors in digital photgraphy

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" writes:

Digital camera sensors show a large performance range,
beyond megapixels, and include dynamic range, low light...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Digital Rebel Disappointment

"Kinon O'Cann" writes:

Simply put, can a 7mm lens and a 19mm lens at the same aperture
offer the same depth of field?

Yes, if both are used to produce the same...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Still confused about RAW & TIF

(Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

Interesting! Per the discussion you and I had a couple weeks ago
about histogram generation, the results that I got with the D2x are
consistant...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon D40 shipping today

"Scott W" writes:

I belive if you go past the step and repeat size you can still make
a sensor, but it becomes a lot more difficult. For one offs like a
telesope CCD you...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon D40 shipping today

(Philip Homburg) writes:

But can't Nikon just make a one off stepper that is a bit bigger?
The difference between APS-C and fullframe is after all just a
factor of 1.5.

Yes,...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 9th 06, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
List of Takumar Lenses That Turn Yellow

Pudentame writes:

If memory serves, it's due to uranium or thorium in the glass formula.

Thorium. Several Canon SSC lenses also use it.

--
Paul Repacholi ...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Tony Belding writes:

Now here's what bugs me. . . The K100D allows me to focus manually,
but manual focusing is much slower, more awkward and less precise
than it was on...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Posted By [email protected]
Nikon D40 shipping today

(Philip Homburg) writes:

If Nikon can APS-C cameras as cheap as the D40, then sub-$2000 FF
cameras should in theory be possible.

Not so, there are no steppers that have a big...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 04:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 44
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 1D Mark II shutter life - maintenance - refurb -replacement

Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com writes:

I took a quick look through my images. The most I found
was 1,500 in 1 day, and it...
Forum: Digital Photography December 4th 06, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 186
Posted By [email protected]
Death knell for prosumers?

ASAAR writes:

But . . but . . sensors won't always have to be sliced from pure
silicon crystals, he sputtered.

Is that a pun?

--
Paul Repacholi ...