Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.79 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bruce[_4_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 5th 09, 01:28 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 135
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
[SI] Special category: Kodachrome

Shon Kei wrote:
Bruce wrote:
Shon Kei wrote:
In fact you were one of the early resister of shootin.

A "resister"? It was no effort at all to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 4th 09, 01:38 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Shon Kei wrote:

In fact you were one of the early resister of shootin.

A "resister"? It was no effort at all to resist the SI, and I can
assure you I made no effort at...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 3rd 09, 10:21 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 135
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
[SI] Special category: Kodachrome

"Bowser" wrote:

Uh, pointing people to a site where we all post photos

Interesting use of the word "all" to describe a minority activity.

And a very small minority at that! ;-)
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 1st 09, 11:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Leica S2

"Matt Clara" wrote:

There is nothing that Leica can do to continue being the camera company they
formerly were. For all intents and purposes, they are done.

Complete...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 30th 09, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 79
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
I just ordered the D700

wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:22:36 +0100, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bruce wrote:

There is also a printable version for
D700 owners - it requires a serial...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 30th 09, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 79
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
I just ordered the D700

On 2009-06-29 20:16:25 -0700, Robert Coe said:
I was unable to find a D700 manual on the Canon web site. :D

There...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 22nd 09, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Kodachrome is being phased out

Alan wrote:
According to www.Electronista.com , today:

"Kodak To Retire Kodachrome Film

Kodak this morning said it would soon phase out its...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 09, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
GodDamnStupidF------ Olympus!

RichA wrote:

HERE is the camera you SHOULD have built!

Olympus has made it clear that the E-P1 is just the first of a range of
Micro Four Thirds cameras. You will...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 18th 09, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
GodDamnStupidF------ Olympus!

RichA wrote:

HERE is the camera you SHOULD have built!

Olympus has made it clear that the E-P1 is just the first of a range of
Micro Four Thirds cameras. You will...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 14th 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Going to Paris in the middle of July

Alan wrote:

For $450 am I better off just getting the G10 and see how that feels
and I can deal with a DSLR that has everything I want at a later date.
It seems as...
Forum: Digital Photography June 14th 09, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,alt.photography
Replies: 109
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
The Shot Seen 'Round the World

Chris H wrote:
tony cooper writes

That's OK, though. We Americans are not interested in the shove
ha'penny finals, the Aunt Sally cup...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 14th 09, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 57
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Nikon D300s first major camera to dump CF?

"David J Taylor" wrote:
Bruce wrote:
[
But for people who actually do change cards in the field, and
especially in less-than-ideal conditions, the robust size and weight
of CF cards make...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 14th 09, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 57
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Nikon D300s first major camera to dump CF?

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 06/13/09 14:34, nospam wrote:
In , Chris H
wrote:

Not if...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 13th 09, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Nikon D300s first major camera to dump CF?

C J Campbell wrote:

My Nikon D3X has two CF card slots. I set it up so that the second card
is an overflow. I cannot for the life of me think of an...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 09, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 57
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Nikon D300s first major camera to dump CF?

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

If you've ever had to change a card sitting out on the skid of a
JetRanger at 80kts over Lake Michigan during a boat race, you'd...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 09, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 56
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
APS-c at the megapixel wall?

daveFaktor wrote:

Despite having a native resolution of 6 mega pixels the Fuji s5 Pro is
indeed a much cherished camera amongst wedding photographers. One of the
only...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 4th 09, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 47
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Reasons for preferring the D5000 over the 500D

David Kilpatrick wrote:
I have received my D5000 kit - with free 8GB card and Crumpler bag,
about £50 value of freebies so not bad - and I have been able to take an...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 4th 09, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Dpreview getting paranoid in its old age

"IP" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message

I understand why the moderators do it. Amazon (they own...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 3rd 09, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

"IP" wrote:
"RichA" wrote in message

I understand why the moderators do it. ...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 2nd 09, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
CMOS Repair advice

"Mark Spencer" wrote:

Thanks. I've contacted Fixation and shipped the camera to them

Well done. For Canon and Nikon equipment servicing, there is nobody
better. Let...
Forum: Digital Photography June 1st 09, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 20
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
more important than: Could you actually see

"Mike" wrote:

What's really important about photography this week is why is Pentax
new range leader superceding K10 and then K20 called the "K7"?

What is important is to...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 31st 09, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Diagonals

James Goode wrote:
On Sun, 31 May 2009 16:50:28 +0100, Bruce wrote:
If you really believe that there can be such things as "rules of
composition", then this image works...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 31st 09, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Diagonals

James Goode wrote:

I read about using diagonals somewhere, thought I'd have a go:

http://jgoode.co.uk/imagepreview.php?/Black+and+White/flower

The flower on the left...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 28th 09, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
CMOS Repair advice

"David J Taylor"
wrote:

Mark Spencer wrote:
I'd appreciate some advice.

Briefly, I replaced my EOS 400D with a 40D about 11...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 28th 09, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By Bruce[_4_]
Just won't give up - polaroid film buffs

frank wrote:

I still remember demos of $30,000 8x10 color digital printers...

I remember the construction of a factory where they were made, near
where I live. The...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125