Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 1.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gA
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 10, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By gA
Sony purple pictures

My camera is not on that list but I will take the advice to
continue following up with Sony. It's maddening because the camera
is almost brand new... didn't take more than 30-40 pictures (when
it...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 10, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By gA
Sony purple pictures

We were given a Sony DSC T-300 as a gift 2 or 3 years ago. We
seldom used it, but the photos were OK. Last month we took it on
our holiday and could not use any pictures: They were totally...
Forum: Digital Photography April 7th 10, 01:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By gA
Replacement for Canon S3IS?

After much research I chose the Sony DSC HX1 with a CMOS processor.
Thank you all that took the time to help me.
- gA

SMS wrote:
On 31/03/10 5:42 PM, gA wrote:
My 2-yr old Canon S3IS was...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 10, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By gA
Replacement for Canon S3IS?

My 2-yr old Canon S3IS was stolen and I am devastated. When the S5
came out I went and bought the S3 because I liked it better. Now I
need to replace it and I would appreciate any good...
Forum: Digital Photography July 5th 09, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By gA
problem loading audio track into Proshow Gold

I have done it before without problems, but now I can't seem to
load an audio track into my slide show. This show is longer than
previous ones, but well within the DVD limits. Could the problem be...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By gA
canon S3 and CHDK

Good idea, Ray. Do you know where I can d/l the original, just in
case?...
- gA

ray wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:50:40 +0000, gA wrote:

I would like to find out pros and cons of installing...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By gA
canon S3 and CHDK

I would like to find out pros and cons of installing CHDK on my
S3. Could you please direct where? And if I change my mind after
installation, could I go back to what I had originally and be sure...
Forum: Digital Photography February 5th 08, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By gA
Canon S3 and SHDC cards

I have 2 4G SDHC cards (Kodak). I was explained that they are SD.
The HC merely stands for High Capacity. That's why you won't find
SD cards bigger than 2G. I never had any problems and actually I...
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 08, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos (mission accomplished)

After many hours of trying programs and searching the internet and
my Photoshop's help files, I have got a solution and I share it
here the way I was hoping to have received it:
-Photoshop CS2...
Forum: Digital Photography February 3rd 08, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

Mac, does Pix Print allow batch resizing? If I have to do the
pictures one at a time, I could use almost every program I have
been suggested. I never thought that this would turn out to be
such an...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 08, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

Blinky, I reviewed the help files in IM and all the examples the
site provides and my case was not covered. I dealt with 2 labs by
emailing questions and 'walked' through the procedure of 2...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 08, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

The goodwill to help, shown by many, seems to have lost my first
intention of my seeking help (see following):
-----------------
I would like o print many of my holiday pictures which I have...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 08, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

Doug, I have Photoshop (CS2). Is there a procedure somewhere that
I can follow for an example? Thanks
-gA

Doug McDonald wrote:
gA wrote:
Thanks again, Jimbok, but I want to do NO CROPPING. I...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 08, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

Thanks again, Jimbok, but I want to do NO CROPPING. I just want to
end up with the largest picture I can get within a 4x6 rectangle.
This means tha the WHOLE existing picture will get bigger or...
Forum: Digital Photography February 2nd 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

I have installed/tried all suggested programs and liked their many
features. All of them, however, give the same results which is not
what I am looking for. I am sorry if I wasn't able to express...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 08, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

Martin, the labs would not know which part to crop, unless I
decide. Also, on panoramics I need to make the picture smaller if
I want to see the whole thing. The labs take (for example) the
middle...
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 08, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

I downloaded the program and I tried to find the executable file
to give it a try, but I could not. I'd love to figure out how to
work it... I am not a computer wiz, as you may gather....
Forum: Digital Photography February 1st 08, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By gA
resizing digital photos

I would like o print many of my holiday pictures which I have
already cropped. The labs need 4"x6" and my sizes are all over...
Is there a way that I can do a 'batch' job to set all verticals at
6"...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By gA
familiar with ProshowGold? - please help

After completing my composition, I create my DVD. The rendering
process rocks my pictures back & forth and the end result cannot
be watched anywhere. Any suggestions on the fix? I'm usinf version...
Forum: Digital Photography August 26th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By gA
Canon S3 IS - too slow?

Thanks for your suggestion, GMAN, but I am concerned about
constant adjustments I have to make to allow for all kinds of
conditions for my pictures. The Auto mode gives me good results
(fool...
Forum: Digital Photography August 26th 07, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By gA
Canon S3 IS - too slow?

I will do that in the next few months, Jack. Actually, I will go
buy that ATP card and use it on my trip for later reporting.
There, now we are even!

I like to 'listen' to everyone's advice, but I...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By gA
Canon S3 IS - too slow?

Again, I'm grateful for your advice which I will implement ASAP.
The only concern I have is to set the largest aperture. What if
there is too much light coming in and the shutter speed cannot go...
Forum: Digital Photography August 25th 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By gA
Canon S3 IS - too slow?

Thanks for the CHDK advice: I will follow it when come back from
my 2-month trip to Europe. I won't touch anything now for fear of
screwing up and not having time to get used to features or 'fix...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By gA
Canon S3 IS - too slow?

Right on, Jack, I am happy again. I also spoke with Canon who said
that the S3 is limited by its writing speed of 30x-40x and
therefore.. nothing I could do. They said 3 secs between pictures
is...
Forum: Digital Photography August 24th 07, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By gA
Canon S3 IS - too slow?

With recent assistance I received from this NG I decided to buy a
Canon S3 IS, which best suits my needs. After trying it withthe
16Mb card that it comes with, I realized that it takes too long...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47