Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: H.S.[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
How to add EXIF date from file-date

John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:26:18 -0800, Matt Ion wrote
in :

l v wrote:
Lars-Erik Řsterud wrote:
I have a...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 08, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
how to deal with dead pixels

Dave Cohen wrote:
H.S. wrote:

Hello,

I just noticed that my Canon A520 seems to have developed a dead
pixel. It appears it started to 'die' around a month ago. Now in every
dark...
Forum: Digital Photography February 17th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
how to deal with dead pixels

Hello,

I just noticed that my Canon A520 seems to have developed a dead pixel.
It appears it started to 'die' around a month ago. Now in every dark
picture, that one pixel comes out to be bright...
Forum: Digital Photography February 15th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
Image software

wrote:
Hello,

Just wondered which image software people use to process their digital
photos. I know about Photoshop but can't afford it - is there a
cheaper...
Forum: Digital Photography February 15th 08, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
image resizer powertoy lossless?

Hello,

Does anyone now if the image resizer powertoy[1] rotates the images
losslessly?

thanks,
Sam.

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
DSC W55: image smaller while viewing photos

wrote:
On Feb 8, 10:43 am, "H.S." wrote:

A bit more information would be good - are all images affected? Has it
always done this? Is it only in...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
what's wrong with Sony? multi connector cables now?

Hi,

Just helping a friend understand his new Sony DSC-W55 digital camera. I
just realized that it doesn't come with the usual USB mini plug but with
a "multi connector" socket and a corresponding...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
DSC W55: image smaller while viewing photos

Hello,

In a Sony DSC W55, while viewing photos in playback mode, the photo is
not being shown in full screen mode -- it is displayed, say, in only 50%
or so of the screen. Anybody having...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 6th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
film quality for different speeds

Norm Fleming wrote:

Unless you are planning to do the dark room work including optical printing
(or high resolution film scanning/digital printing) yourself, don't bother.
It you take...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 4th 07, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
film quality for different speeds

wrote:

Do you want to use black and white or color film?

Color. Sorry I missed that.

It's hard to come by, here anyways, but 400-speed Portra films are
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 4th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
film quality for different speeds

Hello,

I recall lower ISO speed films were considered to be less grainy, and
also that the improvement in film technology was reducing that
graininess with time.

I have an old Canon Sure Shot...
Forum: Digital Photography December 3rd 07, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
Absolute simplest digital camera.

Neil Harrington wrote:

All digital cameras I've ever seen have LCDs, but not all recent models have
optical viewfinders, unfortunately. One that has both LCD and optical
viewfinder is the...
Forum: Digital Photography November 29th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
Photo editing software recomendation

ray wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:27:12 -0800, rulow wrote:

Dear all,

What software do you recomend to me to edit my photos?
I have a canon digital camera, and I try the soft that...
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 07, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
Need advice

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:

There are more differences between the A720 IS and the A570 IS than just
the resolution.

The A570 IS has a 35 - 140 mm lens, while the A720 IS has a 35mm -...
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 07, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
Need advice

nana wilson wrote:
Hi All.

I already have an Olympus 2100 ultra zoom. I am in the market for a smaller
digital camera (purse size) Any suggestions? Under $200.

TIA
Nana NOT giving...
Forum: Digital Photography November 23rd 07, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
Where are the BEST Point and Shoot Photos ?

wrote:
Ok, i have seen some incredible dSLR photos on the
web.

I have yet to see a mind-blowing point and shoot photo
gallery. Does anyone have a great link?

Mind...
Forum: Digital Photography November 19th 07, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
CHDK NEWS: Now Available for Canon A560 v1.00a & A570 v1.01a

KevenGaston wrote:
See the News Section at:

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

If you own a Canon P&S camera (or any camera for that matter), or are
considering buying a new camera and...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By H.S.[_2_]
Need utility to set Nikon camera date/time

Richard H. wrote:

Hi, Craig.

I don't think there is a utility for this - if you find it, let me know.
I use an alternative that isn't as easy as plugging the camera into the
PC, but it...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18