Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Thor Lancelot Simon
Forum: In The Darkroom June 5th 12, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
C41RA bleach one-shot

In article ,
sreenath wrote:

I don't have any real answers to give, but I can suggest that if...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 29th 12, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
C41RA bleach one-shot

For the small amount of film I now process, I've switched from C41
to the C41RA process. The RA process uses faster bleach and fixer
solutions, for a total process time of about 8 minutes.

I am...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 16th 12, 04:23 PM Posted to sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Kodak bankruptcy

In article ,
Dale wrote:
I used to work in Kodak R&D. (too much corporate culture and middle
management)

If I was a stakeholder in...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 18th 11, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 17
Jobo & Pre Rinse?

In article ,
Richard Knoppow wrote:

There are two reasons Jobo reccomends a pre-soak. One
is that it saturates the...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 18th 11, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 6
Aero-Technika question

In article ,
Greg Faris wrote:
Well, I'm able to answer my own question. Maybe Bob just doesn't have
enough Linhof questions qny more to...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 22nd 11, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
Recommendation Request

In article ,
Cheesehead wrote:
On Mar 21, 10:38*am, erie patsellis wrote:
and...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 7th 11, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Spoon Measured Developers.

In article ,
Richard Knoppow wrote:

(avoid pinching the sodium; putting it in the water may have
surprising results;...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 22nd 11, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 0
Cool tone print developers vs other processes

In article ,
Lew wrote:
Just getting back from Stieglitz, Steichen, Strand at the Met. I'm
completely blown...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 22nd 11, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Lens Cell Cleaning

I suppose seeing the linhof brand on a shutter could help "prove" it's a
good sample but given the age...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 22nd 11, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Lens Cell Cleaning

In article ,
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Richard Knoppow" wrote
I have a prototype Angulon, its awful.

The...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 18th 11, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Lens Cell Cleaning

Another experience, I ran into the same sort of problem with a 135mm
xenar LF lens. It was a -horrible-...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 14th 11, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 42
Lens Cell Cleaning

From my use, it's a very nice lens given a bad rap mainly because it
was sold at a low price as a...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 20th 10, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
Got another lens today E Suter No. 5 Rapid Portrait

In article ,
Cheesehead wrote:
On Oct 20, 2:12*pm, (Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:

Do...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 20th 10, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
Got another lens today E Suter No. 5 Rapid Portrait

In article ,
Cheesehead wrote:

Big brass beast. No aperture or focal length markings.
Rear glass...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 5th 10, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 9
Lenses that satisfy

In article ,
Cheesehead wrote:
On Oct 4, 8:56*pm, " wrote:
On...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 6th 10, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Does anyone make ...

In article ,
Donn Cave wrote:

So when I looked at Kodak large format in the '80s, it was "Vericolor" -
I think Vericolor II...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 25th 10, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Does anyone make ...

In article ,
Doug McDonald wrote:

In some cases it was available in 120 or 35mm also.

You should compare images made in...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 19th 10, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Does anyone make ...

In article ,
Doug McDonald wrote:
On 8/17/2010 12:09 AM, wrote:
Doug McDonald wrote:

I used...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 14th 10, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 23
Jobo atl3

In article ,
Darkroom User wrote:

Unfortunately, Apple-Mail cannot be used for Newsgroups. I have edited
out the...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 11th 10, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 23
Pyro Developers Question.

In article ,
Darkroom User wrote:

IanG;886420 Wrote:

PYROCAT HD GIVES FINER GRAIN, BETTER SHARPNESS AND MORE...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment July 28th 10, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Does anyone make ...

In article ,
Doug McDonald wrote:
On 7/26/2010 7:21 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
In...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment July 27th 10, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Does anyone make ...

In article ,
Doug McDonald wrote:
But there is also tonal rendition and color rendition.

I don't like any Fuji film. I...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment July 25th 10, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 32
Does anyone make ...

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 7/24/2010 11:36 AM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

If he uses 120, then I guess...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 13th 10, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Kodabromide F1 paper

In article ,
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
Given your description that this is "really thin stuff" it looks as though
you have...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 30th 09, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 11
Bluefire Police film?

In article ,
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

3) Diethanolamine sulfur dioxide complex:
alkali/activator?
Carbonate substitute? Kodak...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125