Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Forum: Digital Photography October 18th 14, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Accessible Cam Phone

Well, the folks at Apple managed to fix one of the bugs I found
annoying in ios7, but they introduced a bushel
more.

BTW, I picked up a smarphone, it wasn't an Apple; it was a
Samsung...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 13, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
iPad: First Talking Cam?

With VoiceOver on, the iPad cam provides minimal voice feedback about
contents / layout of image.

It says things like:
Small Face, Top Left
Large Face, Right
Two Faces, Right

Now, if it could only...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Landscape

"David Taylor" wrote in message ...

On 24/06/2013 06:31, Sandman wrote:
[]
As others have said, it's a bit bland. Since you were after some HDR
effect, I made...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Landscape

On 2013-06-23 22:10:56 -0700, Savageduck

On 2013-06-23 21:09:42...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
hyperfocal settings

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message

Dudley, PLEASE do use proper quoting levels!
You're writing as if you wrote the stuff I wrote.

Dudley Hanks...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Landscape

"RichA" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:21:44 PM UTC-4, Dudley Hanks wrote:
Ok, now that I've got that communications...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

On 2013-06-23 19:21:44 -0700, "Dudley Hanks"
said:
Ok, now that I've got that...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Landscape

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message ...

Dudley Hanks wrote:
Ok, now that I've got that communications glitch straightened out, I
think I was able to put...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Seeing Red

"nospam" wrote in message ...

In article , Dudley
Hanks wrote:

As it turns...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 113
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Landscape

Ok, now that I've got that communications glitch straightened out, I think I
was able to put together the image I was shooting for.

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/Landscape.jpg

It's a quasiHDR...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Seeing Red

"nospam" wrote in message ...

In article , Dudley
Hanks wrote:

A few days...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 13, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Seeing Red

A few days ago, I was playing around with the custom white balance feature
on my XSi, trying to come up with something that worked under streetlights
at night.

When I was done, I forgot to set the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 13, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

David Hare-Scott wrote:
Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
David Hare-Scott...
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 13, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Sony makes fun about DSLR users

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message

In article , Me says...
Sony aren't that bad - and should perhaps try to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 13, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
hyperfocal settings

"nospam" wrote in message ...

In article , Dudley
Hanks wrote:

Have you...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 13, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
hyperfocal settings

"nospam" wrote in message ...

In article , Dudley
Hanks wrote:

Have you...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 13, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
hyperfocal settings

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message ...

peternew wrote:
On 6/21/2013 3:16 PM, BobA wrote:
In article ,
BobA ...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 13, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
hyperfocal settings

"nospam" wrote in message ...

In article , peternew
wrote:

Clearly, the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 13, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
hyperfocal settings

"RichA" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:12:59 PM UTC-4, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Once upon a time lenses had guide...
Forum: Digital Photography June 21st 13, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 97
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
hyperfocal settings

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message ...

Once upon a time lenses had guide lines on them that you could use to set
the lens so that the selected region was in...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 13, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Surreal Streetscape

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/SurrealStreetscape.jpg

Enjoy,
Dudley
Forum: Digital Photography June 14th 13, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
Crazy Comp...

Two files compressed from an original with 16,777,216 pixels and 16,777,216
colours...

One is a .png file, 133,450 bites...
http://www.blind-apertures.ca/pics/16MillionColours.png

The other is a...
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 13, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
The resurrection of the single focal length lens point & shoot

Let's think about this for a moment ...

ziplock bags are sold in sizes like 1 quart, 1 litre, 1 pint, etc ...

According to Wikipedia, quarts of various sizes have existed over time ...

Peaceful...
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 13, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
The resurrection of the single focal length lens point & shoot

"nospam" wrote in message ...

In article , Dudley
Hanks wrote:

And, yes,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 12th 13, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Dudley Hanks[_4_]
The resurrection of the single focal length lens point & shoot

"nospam" wrote in message ...

In article , Dudley
Hanks wrote:

SZ (in...