Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Murray
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 31st 09, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 11
Posted By Murray
Bluefire Police film?

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"Thor Lancelot Simon" wrote

I wonder whether, at this late date, it would be possible to persuade
Kodak to divulge the formula for Technidol.

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 30th 09, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Murray
Digital image longevity

Alan Browne wrote:
I use a pigment based printer. I don't expect displayed photos to fade
for a very long time.
Are they available for Canon?
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 30th 09, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 11
Posted By Murray
Bluefire Police film?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
[Using r.p.e.35mm for its intended purpose--discussions of 35mm FILM
cameras]

So has anyone used this Bluefire "Police" film? See
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 26th 09, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Murray
Digital image longevity

Alan Browne wrote:
I recently attended a 50th anniversary party and photographed discretely
and formally just about everything. Part of this was a great outdoor
group shot, with rain, flash...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 22nd 09, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By Murray
Digital image longevity

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/business/story/0,28124,26242938-25658,00.html
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 6th 09, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Murray
Australia

Just back from 4000m trip myself - wish I had even some as good as these.
Murray Brizzie
Forum: In The Darkroom June 10th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 29
Posted By Murray
Safelight bulbs??

These days I find that I prefer top posting to bottom posting. It makes threads
easier to read. Back in the days before threaded newsreaders I admit it was easier
to read a post when the reply...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 29th 09, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 29
Posted By Murray
Safelight bulbs??

I see your request not to top post - unfortunately my
program displays from the top, down, and I don't have to
scroll all the way thru countless repetitions of
Forum: In The Darkroom May 23rd 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 29
Posted By Murray
Safelight bulbs??

Sorry, been away -late answer. The quick answer is 'NO'.
Fluoros work to a completely different system.
That's why the usual dimmers warn against using them to
control fluoros. Incandescent only. Get...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 9th 09, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 29
Posted By Murray
Safelight bulbs??

A 1 amp diode in series with the bulb will reduce the wattage
(but not by half). Try a 1N4004. 400V @ 1amp. About 10c or less.
Murray

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Richard Knoppow wrote:

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 2nd 09, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 24
Posted By Murray
The durability of film (scan example)

Chattanooga? Been there! :-)
Wonderfull place to bombard the railroad junction.

Murray
Brisbane

Annika1980 wrote:

Here's a couple of slide scans that are over 60 years old.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 2nd 09, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 24
Posted By Murray
The durability of film (scan example)

My experience with older (much) films is that the prints
fade way faster than the original negatives. Amongst
my piles of film packets from 1960 on, the negatives
survive but the poorly processed...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 5th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Murray
35mm

'95 Camaro here. No problem with the name except people
mispronounce it. 2 'a's - no 'e'. Some believe it is a
spanish dialect word for friend.
'Prius' always makes me think of 'Priapus'.
You forgot...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment March 5th 09, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Murray
Anybody home

The lights are on but everyone is out.

Pan wrote:

Hello.....hello..

Anybody home???
Forum: In The Darkroom February 14th 09, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 14
Posted By Murray
A New Name For Rodinal?

I've had chems and film from fotoimpex both to Australia (and France,
to save on their horrendous postage charges) with no problems.
The US in particular seems to be the fly in the ointment.
Canada...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment March 23rd 08, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Murray
Fogged lens problem

In the grand scheme of things a '69 lens is not all that old.
I have seen, however, fungal fogging in younger lenses.
On the front lens it is usually not too difficult to get
at, usually. I am not...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 27th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 10
Posted By Murray
Brisbane Wedding Photographer takes amazing bridle portrait!

Did the horse get the 'flu?
Murray

D_Mac wrote:

Bridal portraits are my speciality. Usually I guard my brides from you
lot but I just couldn't resist sharing this amazing bridle portrait
with...
Forum: Digital Photography August 19th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Replies: 36
Posted By Murray
Where get darkroom timer (for timing PC use)

It's not analog and it doesn't tick but I find a bicycle
pocket computer from Aldi has a very useful timer/stop
watch funcion that I use for developing etc. I cost peanuts
and does the funcions you...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 6th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 23
Posted By Murray
A good illustration of a danger of digital

Stirrer! :-)
Murray

Mxsmanic wrote:

While a classic F-4 Phantom jet fighter makes a surprise, low fly-by, the
digital photographers are too busy admiring their previous shots to see it:

Forum: In The Darkroom July 14th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Murray
Help with Kodak Hawkeye film

Yes, I was surprised myself when I did a google on
these two and found that the bisulphate was passed
by the FDA for a food additive. An acidifier, IIRC.

In the referrences I saw bisulphite wasn't...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 14th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Murray
Help with Kodak Hawkeye film

Yes, I was surprised myself when I did a google on
these two and found that the bisulphate was passed
by the FDA for a food additive. An acidifier, IIRC.

In the referrences I saw bisulphite wasn't...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 14th 07, 09:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Murray
Help with Kodak Hawkeye film

OK - I think I have an answer.

The tap water is cool enough now - our winter.
It comes out at about 18 C. The baths were from the
cupboard at 20C.

The emulsion was lifting off in the developer now...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 13th 07, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Murray
Help with Kodak Hawkeye film

I have 300' of Kodak Hawkeye Surveillance film
(B&W) and the first roll is still in the camera.

I was checking development times with some small
pieces and was upset to see the emulsion...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 11th 07, 11:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 61
Posted By Murray
1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

"discovered" - yeh, right!
250 years after the Portugese. 150 after Abel Janzoon Tasman.

But that never worried the Brits - always 'economical' with
the truth, as ever.
Murray
Brisbane

Ryadia...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment June 11th 07, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 2
Posted By Murray
More Aussie Icons - Doug's photo for the 9th June

Very tasty!
Murray
Brisbane

Ryadia wrote:

Just out taking junior for a bit of early morning sunshine!
http://www.ryadia.com/pod/June/9-06-07.htm

Douglas
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32