Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Toni Nikkanen
Forum: In The Darkroom April 4th 10, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Capacity/life of rapid fixer

All of the above suggestions are great but being the lazy person I am,
I just use Agefix in 1+5 dilution in quantity of 1 litre, for 10 rolls
of film and then make a new one. I am probably wasteful...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 8th 09, 07:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 0
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
I'd like to challenge the view that 6x9 folders give soft pictures

I also just last week got my fourth folder of my life. The previous
three all had severe problems due to misuse by the former owners, but
this one, a Zeiss Super Ikonta 530/16, despite fungus inside...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment July 3rd 09, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 4
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Fitlers, lens caps for Pentax 67 55mm Takumar lens

rwalker writes:

I just got a 55mm Takumar lens for my Pentax 67. It appears to take
100mm filters and lens cap. While I managed to locate a push-on lens
cap source...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 30th 09, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Q: cheapest develop-only rollfilm processing in southern Germany

Alan Browne writes:

It's not very different than B&W, except that temperatures need to be
maintained very narrowly and there are several more steps than in...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 29th 09, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Q: cheapest develop-only rollfilm processing in southern Germany

RolandRB writes:

How do i do e6 processing at home?

Get a E-6 chemical kit by Tetenal, Kodak or some other company, and
the usual b&w development tools (tank, spirals,...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 28th 09, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 13
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Q: cheapest develop-only rollfilm processing in southern Germany

RolandRB writes:

They offer prints for E6 these days since they are scanned prints.

As are C41 prints. That's why talking about "print film" sounds weird
these days to...
Forum: Film & Labs June 5th 09, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.film+labs
Replies: 1
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Where to buy films in Switzerland

Thanks from me also! I'm going to be in Zurich - Luzern - Lausanne next August though
I think I'll be bringing my own film but you never know if I run out of something.

By the way, I was thinking of...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 1st 09, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 2
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Bessa III - who would dare buy one?

"Max Perl" writes:

The front standard of the Bessa III looks more like the Bessa I which locks
into place. The Bessa III also focus the same way as the Bessa I using...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 7th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 6
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Migration to Digital question

writes:

I have a great scanner so now the issue is positive or negative. Any
firsthand experience?

Well, scanning positives is such a roller coaster ride. Some...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 3rd 09, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
What do you pay for developing?

"K W Hart" writes:

E6 processing (for Ektachrome and others) may be the same number of steps as
C41, depending in which variaition of the process you use. K14 (for
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment May 2nd 09, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 16
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
What do you pay for developing?

I'd like to point it out that nowadays, if someone is displeased with
the quality, service, speed or pricing of colour negative development,
it's not that much of a trouble to do it yourself,...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 4th 09, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 85
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Used MF Prices --- I Should be Happy but not

I still have the luxury of being able to buy 120 film (bw negative,
color negative, slide) locally but I'm already used to ordering
online. Ordering large heaps of film online for cheap prices is...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment April 4th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 85
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Used MF Prices --- I Should be Happy but not

My standard answer to these 120 film worries is this:
There's enough 120 film sitting in store shelves, warehouses,
in photographer's freezers etc. that if all production
stopped tomorrow, which it...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 10th 09, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 23
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Favourite B&W Films.

By the way, why is it that there's currently only one B&W film in 220 while
plenty of colour film is available in that format?
Forum: In The Darkroom February 9th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 14
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
A New Name For Rodinal?

(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

When you order something does it go airmail? I assume you can put something in
a truck in Germany and expect it to arrive in Finland, you can't...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 9th 09, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 14
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
A New Name For Rodinal?

(Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:

No, the fortress is actually the U.S. The problems with importing developers
are that since they are post 9/11 considered hazmats, they have...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 25th 08, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
A new film from Kodak.

Jean-David Beyer writes:

Yes; at least, honorarily old. It also makes your photo store old. I
think Kodak stopped putting developers in metal cans in the very early
Forum: Digital Photography October 21st 08, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 87
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
High ISO noise

"David J Taylor" writes:

Thanks for the suggestion, but is is rather heavy, and seems lacking in
sharpness at higher ISO (1600). ...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 08, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 39
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
UV - or not UV?

I've found that the same people who give absolute advice for or
against UV filters on lenses are the same kind of people who are also
polarized in other aspects as well: For example with...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 17th 08, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 25
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
A new film from Kodak.

Jean-David Beyer writes:
I guess I should start thinking of myself as an old-timer. I remember
when D-76 and such came in metal cans

Ha, I live in Turku, Finland, and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 23rd 08, 02:08 PM Posted to uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
New Leica S-System 37.5 MP DSLR and lenses; 50% larger than35mm film!

Bruce writes:

I think the Hasselblad H3 sensors are nominally 36 x 48mm (actual 36.7
x 49mm). That is slightly smaller than the 645 film format, which is
nominally 42 x 56mm. ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 23rd 08, 01:48 PM Posted to uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
New Leica S-System 37.5 MP DSLR and lenses; 50% larger than35mm film!

Bruce writes:

The Kodak sensor in the Leica S2 is slightly smaller than 645 film.

Area-wise, it's actually quite a lot smaller. I wonder if those lenses have any
sensor growth...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 18th 08, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 0
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Should I buy a MAMIYA 7 II or use my Nikon D300

A lot of points have been made already...

While the Mamiya 7 (or 7II, not really that much difference) is
excellent, maybe even wonderful (I own one with 65+80mm lenses), I
wonder if another kind of...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 08, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 53
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Core Duo or Core Quad for image processing

(Ray Fischer) writes:
Drum-scanned 8x10" film, especially if you want to actually have some
layers and undo history to go with it..
Yeah, I sure do that a lot. Just like...
Forum: Digital Photography September 17th 08, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 53
Posted By Toni Nikkanen
Core Duo or Core Quad for image processing

(Ray Fischer) writes:

A modern OS such as Windows XP or Mac OS doesn't use physical
addresses for memory. Any application doesn't care or know whether it
is running "above...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125