Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joseph Meehan
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 06, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Joseph Meehan
D80 "limitation" of lower maximum shutter speed 1/4000?

Giovanni Azua wrote:
Hi folks,

As stated in the review on http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/
the single downgrade comparing D80 vs D70 & D70s is the slower
maximum shutter speed ......
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 06, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 45
Posted By Joseph Meehan
What make a lens normal ?

wrote:
I'm back with more silly / newbie questions...

In the 24 x 36 mm world, a normal lens is 50mm, normal because it
offers the same angle of vision as the human eye. Now, this...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 06, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Joseph Meehan
How to get rid of scratches on lens surface.

Paul L wrote:
Is there anything that can be used to improve the scratch severity of
a lens surface? On my fujifilm finepix digital camera the cover lens
is a flat, plstic like material.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 06, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 164
Posted By Joseph Meehan
a question of ethics

AustinMN wrote: A good overview of the situation.

I would only make one comment.

" For most non-journalistic (and non-evidentiary) purposes, there are
serious legal ramifications to using...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 06, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Lens dilema

embee wrote:
Hello,

I'm using a Canon 1DMkIIN and my main lens is a 24-105mm L. I'm very
happy with this setup for most of my work. When I need a longer focal
length I currently rely on my...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 06, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 60
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Bird Photography

C R Fishwick wrote:

What is IS? I assume something like lense stabalising mechanism!
Personally I'd use technique not gimmicks for bird shots;-)

IS is Image Stabilization. Just...
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 06, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Joseph Meehan
does this mean I need a flash unit too?

JimO wrote:
I just got a Nikon f/2.8 70-200 to use with my D50. The lens is
fantastic. At least now, I can shoot football games at night. What I
would really like to be able to do is freeze...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 06, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 60
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Bird Photography

C R Fishwick wrote:
Cheers,
Thanks, I'll have a look at the Canon 20D/30D. I realise a 500mm lens
with a large aperture costs a bomb:-( £5000 maybe. So I'll try to get
away with a 300mm & 1.4...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 06, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Joseph Meehan
best lens for 400d

David Cleland wrote:
I have read on a number of sites that the lens that comes with the
400d is not that great. Can anyone recommend a good all round general
photo lens for the 400d ?

Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 60
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Bird Photography

wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone any suggestions for taking bird photos (the avian sort). I need
a good middle of the road Digital SLR and lenses (500mm maybe). I
don't...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Joseph Meehan
The perfect camera, part 2

DHB wrote:
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 18:13:49 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Maybe you could just turn off auto focus? At least on many DSLRs
you can do just...
Forum: Digital Photography October 10th 06, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Joseph Meehan
The perfect camera, part 2

W.Boeke wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Some cameras already allow you to lock the focus and or choose an
areas of the viewfinder to use for focusing or will focus on the
closest of a number...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 06, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Joseph Meehan
The perfect camera, part 2

W.Boeke wrote:
Hi,

Some days ago I started a thread about my displeasure with
modern point-and-shoot camera's. Now I would like to elaborate
on the proposal to use 3 release buttons instead...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 06, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Joseph Meehan
The perfect camera, part 2

W.Boeke wrote:
Hi,

Some days ago I started a thread about my displeasure with
modern point-and-shoot camera's. Now I would like to elaborate
on the proposal to use 3 release buttons instead...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 06, 11:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Joseph Meehan
photography in other countries

Matt Ion wrote:
gerald wrote:
i am a US citizen. is it illegal for me to take photos of wildlife or
scenery(to sell later) in canada while there on a visitors visa?

Nope. No...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Am I stupid or retarded? Buying a camera on the Internet from RainbowTronics

John wrote:

Here's where the problems start. The real reason for the call wasn't
for simple verification, the call was to upsell me.

Surprise! Well not really.

Don't feel bad, a...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 06, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Joseph Meehan
The perfect camera

W.Boeke wrote:

Just a couple of comments.

Who decides about digital camera features? Maybe only the marketing
departments of the camera industry. They apparently decided that 'the
number...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 06, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Digital vs. film

bugbear wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
DųJubiiDų wrote:

Hi.
I was wondering: How many megapixel does standard film translate to?
I want to buy a digital camera that is at least as...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 06, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Digital vs. film

DųJubiiDų wrote:
Hi.
I was wondering: How many megapixel does standard film translate to?
I want to buy a digital camera that is at least as good as film.
Thanks

Sorry but you are...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 06, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Raw files

Scott W wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
Quality always counts. When I was shooting film I used
everything from
35mm to 20x24 glass plate equipment. You can't tell me that you can
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 06, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Raw files

Scott W wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
NikkoJay wrote:
I am very new to digital photography and i know that it is highly
recommended that you shoot in Raw mode. However i am having
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 06, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Raw files

Scott W wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Snipped bits out

How 'bout: There's a time and place for RAW, and there's a time and
place...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 06, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Raw files

Annika1980 wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

When did I say that that? I actually agree with your premise that
different people or situations require different needs. Where I
disagree with...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Raw files

John McWilliams wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Snipped bits out

How 'bout: There's a time and place for RAW, and there's a time and
place for JPEG.

Over and out.
Forum: Digital Photography October 5th 06, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Raw files

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

I don't know why you posted this so many times... ;-)

Well I did customize it a little each time. :-)

Whatever, while I basically agree with your point,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125