Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ron
Forum: Digital Photography April 13th 09, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Ron
SLR from camera shop not quite new

Bought a new Nikon D40 at a local shop and shot a few test shots.
Downloaded software to view complete EXIF data since Nikon sofftware
doesn't do that. Found that shuttercount, the number of...
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 09, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Ron
Slide scanner recommendations?

I'm shopping for a slide/negative scanner and currently considering the
following units: Canon CanoScan 8800F, Epson V500, Pacific Image
PrimeFilm 3600.
These all seem to scan at good resolution,...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 09, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Ron
Nikon D40 and AI teleconverter

Anyone know of a reason I shouldn't use an old Tokina 2x AI
teleconverter with a Nikon D40 body and manual-focus lenses?
Ron
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 09, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Ron
Shutter actuation log on Nikon D40?

Is there a way to find out the total number of shutter actuations on the
Nikon D40? Don't see it in the manual anywhere.
Ron
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 09, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 53
Posted By Ron
SLR v P&S

YDOD wrote:

I would expect a picture taken with a digital SLR to have better resolution
and contrast than the same picture taken with a P&S. Are there any web sites
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Ron
Speed winners

James Silverton wrote:

Hello All!

I am probably in the market for a new digital camera and I wonder if
anyone knows the current winners in the following...
Forum: Digital Photography July 2nd 08, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Ron
Canon S3 IS off camera flash.

Perk wrote:

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a Canon S3 IS and am very interested in
occasionally using an off camera flash. Can this be done with the S3 IS
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 08, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Ron
Nikon D40 with man focus lenses?

Is it practical to consider using older Nikon AIS manual-focus lenses
with a D40?
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 08, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Ron
Request for Olympus SP-560 UZ owners (lunar shots!)

wrote:

Hi,
after some research on the current market I am sort of interested in
the Olympus SP-560 UZ, especially as the price has fallen to a very
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras June 3rd 07, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By Ron
Top 5 Advanced Digital Cameras

Code name 47 wrote:

These cameras typically offer more manual controls and more powerful
features than point-and-shoot models. Ratings and rankings are
provided by PC...
Forum: Digital Photography April 6th 07, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Ron
Olympus Master 2 behavior

When I moved picture files from the camera to Olympus Master v1, Oly
Master created a directory for each day's pictures. Anyone know how to
make Olympus Master 2 do that?

Ron
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Ron
Photoshop Elements 3.0 and .orf files

Chris Luck wrote:

Ron wrote: Folks, Is there anything I can do to get PE 3.0 to open
.orf (Olympus RAW) files?

Forum: Digital Photography March 30th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Ron
Photoshop Elements 3.0 and .orf files

Folks,

Is there anything I can do to get PE 3.0 to open .orf (Olympus RAW)
files?

TIA,
Ron
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13