Showing results 1 to 25 of 110
Search took 0.55 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sid
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 13, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 54
Posted By sid
Help! Need Exif editor

Mayayana wrote:

Rational Person: Daylight comes from the sun.

nospam: Poppycock, you dim fool. All stars give off light.

Rational...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 13, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.freeware,alt.os.linux,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By sid
GIMP magazine - Issue 3 - Out now!

Danny D. wrote:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:08:07 +0000 p-0'0-h the cat wrote:

Read all about it!
http://gimpmagazine.org/issue3/

What did I do wrong?

That very pretty magazine had a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 12, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By sid
Art vs Composition vs Content vs Technique

Jeff wrote:

On Thursday, 6 December 2012 18:30:02 UTC, sid wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I studied, trained and became professionally qualified in civil
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 12, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Jeff wrote:

I studied, trained and became professionally qualified in civil

engineering including significant structural engineering content. I

have a particular fascination with...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 12, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 403
Posted By sid
How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

nospam wrote:

definitely. windows and especially linux conditions people into
making things harder than it needs to be.

What *are* you talking about, you seem to have a real...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 12, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 403
Posted By sid
How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Can you not install a proper file manager type app to an ipad?

Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 12, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

nospam wrote:

definitely. windows and especially linux conditions people into making
things harder than it needs to be.

What *are* you talking about, you seem to have a real problem with...
Forum: Digital Photography October 31st 12, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 403
Posted By sid
How do I delete photographs from an iPad?

Eric Stevens wrote:

What do I do?

Can you not install a proper file manager type app to an ipad?

--
sid
RLU 300284

otter wrote:

Sid- I like all three of those, especially the dog and berries. Not
sure how they fit the mandate though. You should have given captions,
I think. Was that a frigging German...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 4th 12, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 18
Posted By sid
F,G,S is up (and complete)

otter wrote:

Sid- I like all three of those, especially the dog and berries. Not
sure how they fit the mandate though. You should have given captions,
I think. Was that a frigging German...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 4th 12, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By sid
F,G,S is up (and complete)

otter wrote:

Sid- I like all three of those, especially the dog and berries. Not
sure how they fit the mandate though. You should have given captions,
I think. Was that a frigging German...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 4th 12, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By sid
[SI] "FGS" 'Duck Comments

Savageduck wrote:

SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letters_fgs

Sid:
FGS-01:
Nice pooch!

that's Delilah, our Spaniel
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 4th 12, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 12
Posted By sid
[SI] "FGS" 'Duck Comments

Savageduck wrote:

SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letters_fgs

Sid:
FGS-01:
Nice pooch!

that's Delilah, our Spaniel
Forum: Digital Photography October 4th 12, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By sid
[SI] "FGS" 'Duck Comments

Savageduck wrote:

SI Mandate: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letters_fgs

Sid:
FGS-01:
Nice pooch!

that's Delilah, our Spaniel
Forum: Digital Photography September 24th 12, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By sid
$75000 lens

Alfred Molon wrote:

Supposedly Kate Middleton was photographed with a $75000 lens. Does
anybody know what kind of lens is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 5th 12, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 261
Posted By sid
Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

nospam wrote:

yeah yeah, you're right I'm wrong.

I can't be assed arguing any more, it's just too much typing.

'till the next time

--
sid
Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 12, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Posted By sid
Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

-hh wrote:

Except that the photo pair was merely an example of *hardware*
limitations on dynamic range.

So why post it into a software discussion then?

Forum: Digital Photography September 5th 12, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 332
Posted By sid
Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

-hh wrote:

Fix it.

Fix what? A **** photo is always gonna be a **** photo no matter
what editor you use. Asking someone to fix a *tiny* **** jpeg is
hardly a...
Forum: Digital Photography September 4th 12, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 332
Posted By sid
Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

-hh wrote:

Here's a practical exercise for you then:

Source material:

http://huntzinger.com/photo/2005/germany/baseline-4.jpg
Forum: Digital Photography September 3rd 12, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 332
Posted By sid
Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

-hh wrote:

On Sep 3, 1:51 pm, sid wrote:
-hh wrote:
and I don't see any of you avid ps users posting any pics
that could not be processed using...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 3rd 12, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

-hh wrote:

On Sep 3, 1:51 pm, sid wrote:
-hh wrote:
and I don't see any of you avid ps users posting any pics
that could not be processed using...
Forum: Digital Photography September 3rd 12, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 332
Posted By sid
Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

-hh wrote:

Funny thing is, you're all so keen to bash gimp and promote photoshop
that my actual question has been almost universally ignored.

Don't be surprised. You would get the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 3rd 12, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital

-hh wrote:

Funny thing is, you're all so keen to bash gimp and promote photoshop
that my actual question has been almost universally ignored.

Don't be surprised. You would get the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 3rd 12, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 261
Posted By sid
Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only

Alan Browne wrote:

On 2012.09.03 11:14 , sid wrote:
tony cooper wrote: sort of

I think it's as well this way round Tony

That's true. What I think happens is that you have people...