Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joseph Meehan
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Please HELP- Making the jump into Digital from film background

Tom M wrote:
Hi, and thanks for reading this.

I NEED YOUR COMMENTS/OPINIONS.

I have been "away" from mainstream (Serious) Photography for some
time.

Now retired, I'd like to add a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 06, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Multiply Resizing

Michael Johnson, PE wrote:
ace wrote:
I would rather take big photo files and resize them, just wondering
if there is a program that resizes photos in quantity rather than
one at a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Newbie looking for digital camera/binocular recommendation

elfa wrote:
I'm looking for a good pair of binoculars that have a built-in
digital camera. They exist all over the place but deciding which is
best for the money is a real challenge.

I need...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Is it "normal" to need post shooting editing?

wrote:
I have an inexpensive 3 MP camera that takes very good pictures
however sometimes indoors, especially when using flash, the image
will be a little bit darker than...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 219
Posted By Joseph Meehan
lens vs. image sensors in digital photgraphy

Carlos Moreno wrote:
Pat wrote:

Finally the camera. Well, that's pretty irrelevent. It's just a box
to keep out the light.

That's only true of film cameras. With Digital cameras, it...
Forum: Digital Photography December 9th 06, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 219
Posted By Joseph Meehan
lens vs. image sensors in digital photgraphy

wrote:
Going back to the old style film cameras, how would you rate for the
distribution of critical components of a camera which contribute to
producing excellent photos...
Forum: Digital Photography December 8th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Joseph Meehan
How do I copy to CD or DVD

Denny B wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
Denny B wrote:
... Thank you all for your kind interest in my
burning problem.
After much time trying I seem to have solved
my problem, hopefully not...
Forum: Digital Photography December 8th 06, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Joseph Meehan
B&H, Why All The SPAM???

ASAAR wrote:
On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:17:54 -0500, Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

Come on guys, what's the deal here? I love ya and I'm a regular
*LOYAL* customer, have been for many years. Why do...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Joseph Meehan
B&H, Why All The SPAM???

Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Don wrote:

Surely you can unsubscribe in the same amount of time that you took
to post this?

Sure could, but that's not the point, and I wont. You see, I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Best second lens for Canon 400D

wrote:
Right,
I've bought my 400D, I have the Canon battery grip with portrait
shutter release etc, I have a Manfrotto 190 pro tripod and 222
joystick mount.
Now I need a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Why do most digital cameras have so tiny flash - Part 2

wrote:
Thanks for all of the comments!
New digital cameras (Canon, for example) are trying to sell new
feature which can work up to ISO 1600. They said that it will improve
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Joseph Meehan
How do I copy to CD or DVD

Denny B wrote:
Having difficulty copying Digital pictures
to CD or DVD. If I take one shoot of digital
pictures I have no problem burning to CD or DVD.

I have a problem burning when I take...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Architectural photo journey

J. Clarke wrote:

Get the cheapest point-and-shoot camera you can find and go down to
the train station and try to take the sort of photos you want. For
each one that you can't get make a...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Architectural photo journey

Steven Johnson wrote:
I am doing a photo survey of train stations in India. The intent is to
self-publish a book at some stage. It will be about one third photos
and two thirds narrative.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 7th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Joseph Meehan
why do most digital cameras have so tiny flash?

wrote:
I have used the digital cameras in the past 6 years, and starting to
replace my old film cameras. It is nice and convenient. I do not need
to buy films, nor sending...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 06, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 31
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Digital Rebel Disappointment

Dave wrote:
But learning and practice will be rewarded.

Learning and practice can be a reward in itself.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 06, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 31
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Digital Rebel Disappointment

wrote:
This is the last time I'll post about my absolute underwhelm-ment with
the 400D. I thought I'd think I died and went to heaven with this
camera. I've taken your...
Forum: Digital Photography December 6th 06, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Joseph Meehan
What camera should I buy? I'm thinking about getting into RAW photography...

Alex Kadis wrote:
Hello All,

I was told this was the place to ask this sort of question, if it
isn't, my apologies.

I've been mostly using iPhoto and it works for most of my needs, as I
Forum: Digital Photography December 5th 06, 12:34 PM Posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 25
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Infrared Photography Competition

Bill Again wrote:
.. Not necessarily so. Many digital cameras can take IR pictures using
the relevant filters. You can check if your digital camera can detect
IR light by shining the TV remote...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras December 5th 06, 12:34 PM Posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr

Bill Again wrote:
.. Not necessarily so. Many digital cameras can take IR pictures using
the relevant filters. You can check if your digital camera can detect
IR light by shining the TV remote...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 5th 06, 12:34 PM Posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr

Bill Again wrote:
.. Not necessarily so. Many digital cameras can take IR pictures using
the relevant filters. You can check if your digital camera can detect
IR light by shining the TV remote...
Forum: Digital Photography December 3rd 06, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Which Camera?

David J Taylor wrote:
wrote:
[]
Canon EOS 350D
Canon EOS 400D
Nikon D40
Nikon D50
[]
So, which way to go?
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 06, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Joseph Meehan
What is a photograph?

if wrote:
Since a digital image can be edited ad infinitum, at what point does
it stop being a photograph?

It is always a photograph. Digital images are subject to editing.
Guess what...
Forum: Digital Photography November 30th 06, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Help with Strange Color Square on Photo

LuvLatins wrote:
Thanks Joe, I think I will just take them off. The sales guy actually
suggested the need and being that I bought the camera and an SB800 and
three lenses he was probably just...
Forum: Digital Photography November 30th 06, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Joseph Meehan
Help with Strange Color Square on Photo

LuvLatins wrote:
OK I am sending this to the experts. I am new to digital Photography.
Just moved over from a Konica film SLR. Love my new D200 but I find
the electronic ISO hard to get used...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55