Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arlen Holder[_6_]
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 20, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 10
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Question about the Nikon WMU app

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 02:12:39 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

How does one close the app?

Hi Carlos,

What happens when you "press and hold the back button" while in the app?
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 20, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 1
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial for creating custom Windows icons from screenshots using only Irfanview freeware

UPDATE:

We all do essentially the same things on all operating systems (except on
iOS simply because you just can't), where I just now wrote up a nascent
tutorial for doing on Android what we...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 20, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 14:19:25 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

Jim Scott wrote:

I get an inline image which is ok on my phone, but on my desktop clent
it is sideways. So...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 20, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 14:48:22 -0400, nospam wrote:

I agree that clicking on a rotate button is the easiest,

yet you argue anyway.

Hi nospam,

As always, you fail to comprehend detail that...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 20, 07:46 PM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Rotated image

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 19:19:18 +0100, Jim Scott wrote:

I get an inline image which is ok on my phone, but on my desktop clent
it is sideways. So when I forward it to someone else, they get the...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 20, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

On Mon, 03 Aug 2020 14:23:23 -0400, nospam wrote:

clicking a rotate button is a *lot* easier to figure out and far more
efficient than obtaining a separate app and generating a converted file
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 20, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 19:21:17 +0200 (GMT+02:00), Libor Striz wrote:

the easiest method is to rotate it directly in the video player.
nointermediate conversion needed.

While rotating it every...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 20, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 18:38:27 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

Handbrake (freeware too: Linux, Mac OS, and that crap from WA state),
does it with a simple drop list to select rotation (90° .. 270° in...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 20, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

On 2 Aug 2020 22:22:56 GMT, ray carter wrote:

I simply use 'ffmpeg' - one simple command line. And it's multithreaded
so maxes out all foyr cores on my desktop.

Ah, yes, FFMEPG!
o...
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 20, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 16
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Tutorial to rotate an entire cellphone video 90 degrees in Shotcut freeware

I snapped a video today which was rotated, where I needed to flip it.
o Looking it up, there were _many_ ways, one of which is shown below.

If you know of a better, easier, more effective rotate,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 20, 06:17 AM Posted to comp.mobile.android,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 2
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Confirm DCIM folder replace "This destination already contains a folder named DCIM" [x]Do this for all current items [[Yes]][Skip][Cancel]

https://i.postimg.cc/zfYSK9vx/skip01.jpg

"Confirm folder replace"
"This destination already contains a folder named DCIM"
[x]Do this for all current items [[Yes]][Skip][Cancel]

In Windows, with...
Forum: Digital Photography July 30th 20, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 0
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Question on shutter duration setting in Google Pixel camera app or its Gcam APK port on Android devices

If you have the Google Gcam app, can you show me where the timed-exposure
setting is located (e.g., to set a 3-minute exposure of the night sky)?

I'd like to take a timed exposure (e.g., 3 minutes...
Forum: Digital Photography July 22nd 20, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Nikon $1400 Z5 entry-level full-frame mirrorless camera unveiled, at $600 cheaper than the Z6

Dateline today...
o It's the first Nikon camera that can be constantly powered through
its USB port, even with a USB power bank.
o 24.3-megapixel CMOS sensor with a maximum ISO of 51200
o...
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 20, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Microsoft's new free Windows File Recovery command-line tool retrieves deleted files

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 03:29:08 -0700, John C. wrote:

To the people in the other groups (alt.comp.os.windows-10 and
rec.photo.digital) my apologies. I had my crosspost filter turned off
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 20, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Microsoft's new free Windows File Recovery command-line tool retrieves deleted files

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 18:08:39 -0700, John C. wrote:

I'll stick with Recuva for the time being.

+1

*How much technical value did the known worthless piece of **** John C. add?*
o How much...
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 20, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Microsoft's new free Windows File Recovery command-line tool retrieves deleted files

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 18:07:04 -0400, Paul wrote:

The reason I say that, is I visited several enthusiast sites
who "pretended" to have WINFR

Hi Paul,

It's breaking news, so we'll all learn more...
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 20, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Microsoft's new free Windows File Recovery command-line tool retrieves deleted files

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 07:30:31 +1000, Peter Jason wrote:

Does this have to be downloaded? I tried but I got repeated shopping
screens & nothing has appeared in the Download folder. How is...
Forum: Digital Photography June 29th 20, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
Microsoft's new free Windows File Recovery command-line tool retrieves deleted files

Dateline today...

o *Microsoft's new free "Windows File Recovery" command-line tool*
https://www.theverge.com/21306670/microsoft-windows-file-recovery-tool-app-download-features
"You'll be...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 20, 03:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
How do you edit an icon in one of the Windows system DLLs?

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 21:21:55 +0200, R.Wieser wrote:

What a surprise that you are not responding anymore.

Hi Rudy Wieser,

You, yourself, are a perfect proof Rudy, of a worthless piece of ****!...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 20, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
How do you edit an icon in one of the Windows system DLLs?

On 20 Jun 2020 10:40:30 GMT, Frank Slootweg wrote:

Sigh! There you go again, adding value to the thread! Can you please
stop doing that!

Frank,

Can you, Frank Slootweg, post ADDED value to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 20, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
How do you edit an icon in one of the Windows system DLLs?

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 23:34:35 +0200, R.Wieser wrote:

Why don't you try to prove that ?

Hi Rudy,

It's trivial to prove you can't ever add value to the thread topic.
o What on-topic _value_ did you...
Forum: Digital Photography June 19th 20, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
How do you edit an icon in one of the Windows system DLLs?

Rudy Wieser always proves my point for me that he has never even once in
his entire life posted with purposefully helpful intent to add value to
_any_ thread topic.

All Rudy _can_ do, is complain...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 20, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
How do you edit an icon in one of the Windows system DLLs?

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 10:58:04 +0200, R.Wieser wrote:

Oh lolz! The pot calling the kettle black. :-D
Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Hi Rudy Wieser,

You are well known to never post with purposefully...
Forum: Digital Photography June 17th 20, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 16:12:21 -0400, Mayayana wrote:

| Why in the world would you want to do so.
|
| Icons are useful for HUMAN interactions with files on a computer.
|
| DLLs are not files with...
Forum: Digital Photography June 17th 20, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 30
Posted By Arlen Holder[_6_]
How do you edit an icon in one of the Windows system DLLs?

SUMMARY:
o https://i.postimg.cc/rwxdSpv6/icon13.jpg

As always, the value of Usenet is greatest when the OP summarizes the
results, where we've, together, concluded these are the most...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45