Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mort[_3_]
Forum: Digital Photography October 16th 16, 03:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Mort[_3_]
test 789

test 789
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 16, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Something Goofy for the Retro Boys P.S.

P.S. I found several photos of the Contax S via Google.

Mort

Mort wrote:
Savageduck wrote:
Forum: Digital Photography October 13th 16, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Something Goofy for the Retro Boys

Savageduck wrote:
http://macfilos.com/photo/2016/10/6/compass-rangefinder-rubiks-cube-with-a-whiff-of-sodom-and-gomorrah

Hi,

Wow, that is a rarity indeed. Do you have any photos of the East...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 16, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 117
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Europeans have to pay more due to social costs

Alfred Molon wrote:
What would these social programs be? By the way, health care in Europe
costs far less than in the USA.

That's easy when you pay more than 50% in income taxes, and VAT on top...
Forum: Digital Photography October 6th 16, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 117
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Europeans are stupid

Alfred Molon wrote:
Sony must be thinking so:
https://www.dpreview.com/files/p/articles/2453723213/slidea11.jpeg

USD 1400 in the US, 1700 Euro in Europe

Have you factored in the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 16, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Mort[_3_]
New York City 1977

android wrote:
This is a scan of a capture of mine taken from the viewing observation
deck of the Empire State. The camera was a Leica CL, the lense a
Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8 and the film...
Forum: Digital Photography October 3rd 16, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By Mort[_3_]
New York City 1977

Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2016 10:48:22 -0700, Savageduck

On 2016-09-11 17:33:47 +0000, Sandman said:

In article...
Forum: Digital Photography September 29th 16, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Holy ****!!! Did Microsoft get religion?

Mort wrote:
Thanks fr the Mobile Passport tip. Are the data in that app secure? I go
from JFK to LAX once or twice per year,and they are both terrible
airports. This app sounds as if it could...
Forum: Digital Photography September 28th 16, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Holy ****!!! Did Microsoft get religion?

Savageduck wrote:
The passport thing I have handled with Mobile Passport, and I have
copies of those two pages in a protected Dropbox folder.
Mobile Passport is great, as in quite a few US Port...
Forum: Digital Photography September 28th 16, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Holy ****!!! Did Microsoft get religion?

Savageduck wrote:

Also, keep away from Zeedijk, the bad girl district.

I understand they honor all major credit cards. ;-)

Their old joke is: It's a business doing pleasure with you.

In...
Forum: Digital Photography September 27th 16, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Holy ****!!! Did Microsoft get religion?

Savageduck wrote:
Then in December through mid-January I will be taking another trip to
South Africa, via Amsterdam.
--

While in Amsterdam, try to go to a good Indonesian restaurant for a...
Forum: Digital Photography September 27th 16, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 89
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Holy ****!!! Did Microsoft get religion?

Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 08:28:31 -0700, Savageduck

On 2016-09-27 13:45:56 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 16, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 21
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Mounting lenses upside down, the result

Sandman wrote:
In january I posted about my idea to mount lenses upside down on shelves:

Sandman
Mounting lenses upside down
01/05/2016...
Forum: Digital Photography September 23rd 16, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Mort[_3_]
NR: Nikon considering "larger" censor Milc!

nospam wrote:
In article , Mort wrote:

android wrote:
http://nikonrumors.com/2016/09/22/nikon-1-is-still-alive-larger-sensor-m
Forum: Digital Photography September 23rd 16, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

android wrote:
http://nikonrumors.com/2016/09/22/nikon-1-is-still-alive-larger-sensor-m
irrorless-solution-is-being-considered.aspx/

Good grief; is Nikon now going to censor our photos? I...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 16, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Has your HP printer rejected its 3rd party ink lately?

Bill W wrote:
I was curious too, so I Googled it. They are actually "setup"
cartridges, not starter. They come only with new printers, or with
replacement printheads, and they must be used the...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 16, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Mort[_3_]
FYI: Photokina starts tomorrow

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the additional memories.

The Jena company did use the name Zeiss in the east bloc, but not in the
west. That Contax S was named Zeiss, and I saw it in West Germany and
Holland...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 16, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Availability of new models in the UK

tim... wrote:
How usable is the LCD in bright sunlight?

I manage by using one hand as a sort of light shield. In extreme cases,
I take a photo and then review it on screen in the shade.

Mort...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 16, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Has your HP printer rejected its 3rd party ink lately?

nospam wrote:
why would a used printer cost more than a new one, if they're the same
type?

This model, Photosmart 8250, is out of production. I needed it to go
with my large store of ink...
Forum: Digital Photography September 20th 16, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Has your HP printer rejected its 3rd party ink lately?

Bill W wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:22:27 -0400, Mort wrote:

Savageduck wrote:

If one uses 6 carts and the other only 4, how can they be of the "same
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 16, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Availability of new models in the UK

Hi,

I have a Canon G7X Mark II for a few months,and can highly recommend it.
It is a splendid camera, albeit complicated to set up initially.Once you
set up the various choices available, it works...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 16, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Savageduck wrote:

If one uses 6 carts and the other only 4, how can they be of the "same
type"?

Hi Duck,

No, no, no. The used printer that I bought is "the same type" and uses
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 16, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Has your HP printer rejected its 3rd party ink lately?

RichA wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37408173

Hi,

What happened to me is worse. I bought a brand new but discontinued
H-P printer for photos. It is supposed to come with special...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 16, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Mort[_3_]
FYI: Photokina starts tomorrow

This brings back many memories of the 1956 Photokina that I attended in
Cologne. I saw the Contax S there, the first SLR camera, with a glass
pentaprism, as well as Russian produced "German"...
Forum: Digital Photography September 18th 16, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Mort[_3_]
Hummers @ 1/3200

Savageduck wrote:
OK! This morning I went back to the mechanical shutter after yesterday's
weird ES effect. I shot these at 1/3200, ISO 1600.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125