Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Benveniste
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 16th 12, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Benveniste
[SI] New Mandate! "On the road"

On 7/15/2012 2:53 PM, SI Committee wrote:

The new mandate, selected from the May "request" is:

On the Road.

I have a Jack Kerouac Bobble Head doll. Would a photo...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 16th 12, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Benveniste
[SI] New Mandate! "On the road"

On 7/15/2012 2:53 PM, SI Committee wrote:

The new mandate, selected from the May "request" is:

On the Road.

I have a Jack Kerouac Bobble Head doll. Would a photo...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 25th 12, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Mike Benveniste
Nikon 70-300 VR lens

On 5/23/2012 9:37 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

These assertions that Nikon-branded lenses were made by Tamron (or
anybody else) is a red flag to me. How do you happen to know that, and
can...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 11th 12, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Benveniste
Interesting Leica product announcements today ...

On 5/10/2012 7:09 PM, PeterN wrote:

And the purpose for your posting is?

To demonstrate that he reads LeicaRumors.com, I guess.

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 6th 12, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On 4/6/2012 3:09 PM, ben brugman wrote:

Witch settings would you use for the camera and the flash to be able to
work fast and take pictures with and without flash?
I specifically want to hear...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 17th 12, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Benveniste
How to use a non-AI lens on a Nikon FG

On 1/16/2012 6:09 PM, William Hamblen wrote:

Your depth of field preview lever will stop down the lens. Whether the
TTL meter will read the correct exposure is another question.

The Nikon FG...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 16th 12, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Benveniste
How to use a non-AI lens on a Nikon FG

On 1/15/2012 8:45 PM, wrote:
Hello,

Is there way way I can use a Nikkor-P non-AI 300 mm 1:4.5 lens on my FG, using manual mode? I thought I might put a Series E AI 50 mm...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 4th 12, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike Benveniste
Link

www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/02/how-many-notes-violinist-stradivarius

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

On 1/3/2012 8:28 PM, Bruce wrote:

I rarely scan film - I hand print in the traditional way because it
adds value.

On 10/30/2010 2:53 am, Bruce wrote:

I have 50k slides.
So have I, but...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 30th 11, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike Benveniste
What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

On 12/29/2011 12:23 PM, Bruce wrote:

No, it isn't. That scanner has been sold under several different
brand names for at least a decade.

Reflecta, the manufacturer, disagrees with you. While...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 29th 11, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike Benveniste
What is the oldest digital pic you have on your computer?

On 12/28/2011 6:24 PM, Noons wrote:

I wonder how long it'll take Pacific Imaging to buy the smouldering
remains and sell them?
Given they clearly can make moolah out of Nikon's...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 23rd 11, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/22/2011 8:30 PM, nospam wrote:

i remember getting it in early 1985. the company i was at bought a
bunch of macs in late 1984 and development started shortly thereafter.
they had the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 11, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/22/2011 8:30 PM, nospam wrote:

i remember getting it in early 1985. the company i was at bought a
bunch of macs in late 1984 and development started shortly thereafter.
they had the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 11, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/22/2011 12:34 AM, nospam wrote:

it was significantly easier than writing for other platforms at the
time. the looseleaf documentation was *very* early. the phonebook
version of inside...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 22nd 11, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/22/2011 12:34 AM, nospam wrote:

it was significantly easier than writing for other platforms at the
time. the looseleaf documentation was *very* early. the phonebook
version of inside...
Forum: Digital Photography October 22nd 11, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/21/2011 2:14 PM, nospam wrote:

on a mac, the printer was basically another window. anything you could
draw on screen you could 'draw' to the printer. adding print support to
an app was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 22nd 11, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/21/2011 2:14 PM, nospam wrote:

on a mac, the printer was basically another window. anything you could
draw on screen you could 'draw' to the printer. adding print support to
an app was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 20th 11, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/20/2011 1:39 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:

I really don;t remmeber PCs being able to print graphics at that time,

I don't remember them having that ability either.

The ability to print...
Forum: Digital Photography October 20th 11, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs the Toymaker

On 10/20/2011 1:39 PM, Neil Harrington wrote:

I really don;t remmeber PCs being able to print graphics at that time,

I don't remember them having that ability either.

The ability to print...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 11, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs

On 10/17/2011 1:42 PM, GMAN wrote:

What? the MP3 player? already out long before the iPod , Pad computing? I had
a HP laptop/PAD PC years before the ipad came out etc... etc...

Building the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 11, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs

On 10/17/2011 1:42 PM, GMAN wrote:

What? the MP3 player? already out long before the iPod , Pad computing? I had
a HP laptop/PAD PC years before the ipad came out etc... etc...

Building the...
Forum: Digital Photography October 17th 11, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 156
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs

On 10/16/2011 10:11 PM, otter wrote:

As much as I respect Dennis Ritchie and invention of the C programming
language, it was really just one thing, and not without warts.

He is also justifiably...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 17th 11, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 85
Posted By Mike Benveniste
This guy mattered more than Jobs

On 10/16/2011 10:11 PM, otter wrote:

As much as I respect Dennis Ritchie and invention of the C programming
language, it was really just one thing, and not without warts.

He is also justifiably...
Forum: Digital Photography September 26th 11, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Benveniste
Initial images from new Nikons = P&S quality

On 9/25/2011 10:19 PM, Rich wrote:

I've used it and have posted about what a great camera it is. I said it
before, it is one of the most beautifully balanced cameras I've ever
used.

Uh huh. ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 11, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike Benveniste
Initial images from new Nikons = P&S quality

On 9/24/2011 11:10 PM, Rich wrote:

This isn't a film group. They came out with a digital.

Which is called the 645D, not the 645. Have you ever even touched
one, or are you relying on hearsay? ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54