Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Garry Knight
Forum: Digital Photography August 6th 08, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 25
Posted By Garry Knight
LCD/TFT Screens

tony cooper wrote:

I hope Dell continues to offer XP since all of my programs are
Windows-based.

They are at the moment. The machine comes preloaded with XP but with a Vista
license sticker on...
Forum: Digital Photography March 25th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Garry Knight
Multiple Charger for 20D/30D/40D battery?

Frank ess wrote:
wrote:
I'll head out and try and find the 2x charger you recalled.

Looks as if this is...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras July 23rd 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 8
Posted By Garry Knight
Canon S3 or S5....?

Rohit wrote:

I am having canon A310 and learning photography using it, and now
planing to get other new one. I have seen Canon PowerShot S3 IS and
S5, now confuse between these two.

You can...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Garry Knight
Canon S3 Opinions

wrote:

I would appreciate hearing from existing S3 users as to their opinions

If it helps you to make your decision, you might like to know that there's...
Forum: Digital Photography July 3rd 07, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 4
Posted By Garry Knight
Gimp expert--I need help

wrote:

I can call the files up, select the text layers and erase
the text, but I can't figure out how to then type in text so it has
the same characteristics as it had...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 07, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Garry Knight
Correct exposure with bright skies

Chris Gilbert wrote:

Tim wrote

Can anyone offer some basic advice or links about getting a decent
exposure when the sky is overcast and glaring!

SLR ? Graduated Neutral Density...
Forum: Digital Photography June 28th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Garry Knight
optical zoom during movie mode

name wrote:

Optical zoom during playback? Now that would be really amazing. :-)

Doh! One of those late-night posts.

--
Garry Knight
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:

I make some photos my Canon S5 IS and make mini gallery:
http://vinkler.forall.pl/blog/

Unsurprisingly, much like the S3. These shots show how well it handles red
and...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 13
Posted By Garry Knight
optical zoom during movie mode

name wrote:

Does anyone know how common it is for compact photocameras to have the
ability to use optical zoom during movie recording?

It's not very common at all, in my experience. The Canon...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Garry Knight
New ultrazoom cameras;what quality?

Per Nordenberg wrote:

skrev i meddelandet
I test 5 "UZI" cameras of new generation at 200 asa on...
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 07, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Garry Knight
Closest Comparable to the Canon S3 IS?

Edward wrote:

I cannot see anything in bright light with my S2, viewfinder or lcd.

This doesn't answer what you asked, but if you put your left thumb under the
camera to support it, and extend...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Garry Knight
posting photo to newsgroups

monrae fordi wrote:

I would like to post a quite high quality photo to a newsgroup that does
not accept photos to be posted there....
Would someone please be able to recommend an easy to use...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 40
Posted By Garry Knight
Batteries

Ed wrote:

I just got a new Canon Powershot S3IS.

Am I better off buying new alkaline batteries every time they wear out or
should I get a set (or two) or rechargeable batteries?

There's a...
Forum: Digital Photography May 25th 07, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By Garry Knight
New gallery of photo

George Kerby wrote:

On 5/22/07 6:47 AM, in article ,
"wshl" wrote:

schreef in bericht
Forum: Digital Photography May 25th 07, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.video.desktop,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Garry Knight
past movie mode

name wrote:

On an old 1MP Casio camera I have, there is a nice feature that lets
you capture a movie in a special 'past movie mode'. Does anyone know of
any more modern (digital) photocameras...
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Garry Knight
Photo Shop iltration: Waste of time?

=(8) wrote:

If he is a pro

He is a she. Which might or might not explain a few things... :-)

--
Garry Knight
Forum: Digital Photography May 13th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc

wrote:

My questions are as follows:
- How often are other people, who bought a digital camera at a
supermarket or photo store uses his/her cameras?

I think I half qualify...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras May 11th 07, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 19
Posted By Garry Knight
Canon S5 announced

measekite wrote:

The Pan FZ8 has an improved EVF while the S5 is the same as your
camera, the S3. How bad is it?

I don't know. I'm used to using it. It's the first camera I've owned that
has an...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras May 9th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr
Replies: 19
Posted By Garry Knight
Canon S5 announced

measekite wrote:

If the S5 has better image quality I will have to forgo the features
I like on the FZ8 and they are a much better EVF, the grid option
for the EVF

You can switch the grid on...
Forum: Digital Photography May 9th 07, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Garry Knight
Canon S3 IS owners

Jackson Bryan wrote:

Just how bad is the purple fringeing & CA issue.

The CA has only been evident for me at full optical zoom in very bright
sunlight at F2.7 (don't know if the aperture makes a...
Forum: Digital Photography May 9th 07, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Garry Knight
How to take photos through binoculars

Bob Williams wrote:

Try Googling on "Digiscoping".

I tried this with a compact and a monocular a few weeks ago and felt that I
didn't really know what I was doing. I still don't, but at least now...
Forum: Digital Photography May 9th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By Garry Knight
How to take photos at night?

Sarath wrote:

I've a Canon S3 IS. While taking photos are night, it's getting
blurred. Is it possible without using Tripod?

I only got my S3 ten days ago and, so far, the few night shots...
Forum: Digital ZLR Cameras May 8th 07, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.zlr,aus.photo
Replies: 19
Posted By Garry Knight
Canon S5 announced

ray wrote:

Does it still have the same crappy undersampled electronic viewfinder?

According to dpreview's list of specs, yes, it does.

As someone who recently bought the S3 at a low price, I've...
Forum: Digital Photography February 26th 07, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Garry Knight
Suggestions for image title?

223rem wrote:

http://i19.tinypic.com/2n88oq9.jpg

Peek-a-mew

--
Garry Knight
Forum: Digital Photography February 12th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital

Paul Allen wrote:

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:40:36 -0700
"Just D" wrote:

It's much easier to use some special tool rewriting the location
occupied by these files with some...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25