Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
LED flashlight (torch light) as cheap video light

(1) My camera (Canon S2 IS) doesn't come with a shoe. It can take very
good video in good light conditions, but the quality deteriorates
quickly with the light.
(2) My camcorder doesn't have...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Slave Flash - Dark Picture - Limited solution

Problem:
Buy a cheap slave flash ($20 at Ritz) to complement the light produced
by camera's flash. However, you will find that the picture comes out
much darker than the picture with only camera's...
Forum: Digital Photography May 25th 07, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 163
Posted By [email protected]
Do you set your camera at high resolution?

I print only 1% - 2% of the pictures I shoot. And, I only print in 4x6
most of the time. Even when I enlarge and print, it would only be
8x10. In only one instance I have enlarged the picture to...
Forum: Digital Photography May 13th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Is sending camera to Canon Service for repair worth it?

Thank you all for sharing your opinions.

Heck, depending on parts availability, maybe you'll
luck out, and they'll upgrade you to S2 IS for free.

Mike,

I didn't know Canon would do that. Has...
Forum: Digital Photography May 12th 07, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Is sending camera to Canon Service for repair worth it?

My Canon S1 IS suddenly quit working and is showing E16 error on the
LCD display.

I found total two messages on the Internet with this error - so, it
doesn't seem to be a common error.

I called...
Forum: Digital Photography May 2nd 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Would an SD card work in a SDHC device?

I have a 2GB SD card. I am eyeing a camcorder that supports SDHC
cards. Is it safe to assume my SD card would work in the camcorder?

Thanks for your time.
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 07, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production,uk.rec.video.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Sanyo Xacti HD2 Camcorder Review

Original Thread for the benefit of...
Forum: Digital Photography April 11th 07, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
Sanyo Xacti HD2 Camcorder Review

Sanyo Xacti HD2 Camcorder Review

I just received this device yesterday. I got to play with for about an
hour so far. So, this review is going to be "first impressions" or
"initial quality"...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 06, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Rechargeable battery life related question

Steve Wolfe wrote:
I have been using rechargeable Energizer 2300 mAh AA batteries for the
past 2 years.

Now, the batteries don't last much longer in my Canon S1 IS camera.
Some...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 06, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Rechargeable battery life related question

I have been using rechargeable Energizer 2300 mAh AA batteries for the
past 2 years.

Now, the batteries don't last much longer in my Canon S1 IS camera.
Some times, I get low battery blinker soon...
Forum: Digital Photography December 17th 06, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Rechargeable batter life related question