Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: g n p
Forum: Digital Photography July 1st 07, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By g n p
How many pix/camera do you take?

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote

I'm wondering if most people don't take all that many photos with their
cameras....
Forum: Digital Photography June 30th 07, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By g n p
Circular polarizer question

Ο "JohnR66" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"SayWhat" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 07, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By g n p
A HORRIBLE MISTAKE

"Ed Conrad" expressed himself in

You mistakenly cross-posted...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 5th 06, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By g n p
Nikon 10mp reality check

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

bmoag wrote:
The 6mp sensors of the D70/50 capture more than enough picture
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 3rd 06, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By g n p
PSE4 and VISTA

"Bill" wrote in message

"Paul J Gans" wrote in message
g n p...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras November 2nd 06, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By g n p
PSE4 and VISTA

Ran the VISTA compatibility wizzard and PSE4 was flagged as incompatible
(among others, including NERO).
Aside from PSE5, anyone know if ADOBE will be upgrading its existing
software for the VISTA...
Forum: Digital Photography November 1st 06, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By g n p
Sigma 17-70 zoom?

"Bill Tuthill" wrote in message

SimonLW wrote:

Yes, I sold the Rebel and the lens supplied with it to raise money for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 30th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By g n p
Cats and flash

Having 2 cats I get to take quite a few cat photos. I certainly turn off
the AF illuminator as this distracts the cats a lot. I find that a very
low level of flash works best ( eg -2.0 EV...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 28th 06, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By g n p
Capture NX question

I'm using the trial version of C NX (recently got my D80 + 24-120D VR) and I
can't seem to find if it has a cosmetic correction function like the eraser
or the clone tools in PSE4, that I also...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 26th 06, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 16
Posted By g n p
RAW? What doe you mean by 'RAW'???? Really....

"Duncan Chesley" wrote in message

Requires A lot of Work.

Cheers,
DuncanC

Excellent!!
Forum: Digital Photography October 12th 06, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By g n p
SHROOMS LOVE THE TOTALLY DIGITAL D60 !

"Annika1980" wrote in message

Sometimes you have to travel long and far to find something worthy to
Forum: Digital Photography October 11th 06, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By g n p
Fuzzy images using a Sigma 17-30mm f2.8 lens

"John" wrote in message

I bought a new Sigma DC zoom lens 17mm-70mm f2.8-4.5 for my new Canon XTi
(400D).

The results are...
Forum: Digital Photography October 9th 06, 10:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By g n p
Is anyone actually using the Nikon D80?

"Ockham's Razor" wrote in message

It's pretty much like its reviews.
Exquisite camera, amazing functionality, very...
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By g n p
Is anyone actually using the Nikon D80?

"geletine" wrote in message

I also have a interest in that camera too, it would be nice if someone
could...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 7th 06, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By g n p
Pixmantec down???

Site appears nonexistent.
?
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 06, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 117
Posted By g n p
The end is near for 35mm? Or is it? When is the end?

Whether any of those can replicate the "warm" sound of vinyl, which some
audiophiles covet, is a different matter, entirely. :-J

It's been my understanding that this "warmth" is distortion....
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 06, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 117
Posted By g n p
The end is near for 35mm? Or is it? When is the end?

"j" wrote in message

g n p wrote:
Do you all see anyone giving a sh*t??

You cared enough to type that.

Sure, sure, just like my...
Forum: Digital Photography September 30th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 117
Posted By g n p
The end is near for 35mm? Or is it? When is the end?

"j" wrote in message

I am thinking of just a couple of the many signs from manufactures that
the end is near for 35mm film.

Forum: Digital Photography September 27th 06, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By g n p
PHOTO OF THE DAY!

The owl blew me away.
Fantastic.

"Annika1980" wrote in message

I can't decide ..... so I'll let you pick it.
Forum: Digital Photography September 12th 06, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By g n p
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G, Hot, or Not?

"Bill" wrote in message

Paul Rubin ...
Forum: Digital Photography September 10th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By g n p
Olympus FE-190 or Cannon Powershot SD600

wrote in message

I'm in a quandary as to what new digital camera to purchase. I'm
leaning towards the Olympus...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 6th 06, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By g n p
Can't decide: Nikon 18-70 or Sigma 17-70 for D80??

"Paul Furman" wrote in message

g n p wrote:

Just cannot tell which one is the better overall lens.
Any...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 6th 06, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By g n p
Can't decide: Nikon 18-70 or Sigma 17-70 for D80??

Just cannot tell which one is the better overall lens.
Any ideas?? TIA
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 39
Posted By g n p
Avoiding EF-S Lenses... Smart or Dumb?

A camera, as we used to say, is just a dark box that holds film. Lenses
are the real investment, because if cared for, they'll become your
childrens' lenses.

Will

So you're saying that a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31