Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Goldstein
Forum: Darkroom Equipment For Sale February 20th 07, 01:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Goldstein
WTB: 6-inch CC20Y and CC40Y gel filters

Does anyone have these hanging around no longer being used?
Need to be in good, but not flawless, condition.

Please reply by email to

sgold at_sign alum dotthing mit dottie edu

Thx

steve
Forum: In The Darkroom January 28th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Aristo V54 bulb, Zone VI controller, and contrast?

I was recently doing some step-wedge testing and noticed
that anything higher than grade 3.5 looked prettmy much the
same. Here are the details:

Zone VI cold light head (Beseler 45) with Aristo...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 5th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Glass or plastic for Sodium metaborate solution (PMK B)?

This is for (relatively) long-term storage of the PMK B solution. I've got
both types available, just wondering if one might be preferable.

Thanks.

steve
Forum: In The Darkroom December 11th 06, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Potassium permangate and DEA

On 10 Dec 2006 14:15:45 -0800, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:

Steve Goldstein wrote:
I was just looking for Potassium Permanganate on the Photographer's
Formulary web...
Forum: In The Darkroom December 10th 06, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Potassium permangate and DEA

I was just looking for Potassium Permanganate on the Photographer's
Formulary web site to mix up some of the reducer described in Ctein's
book _Post Exposure_ (for removing black spots from prints). ...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 28th 06, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 0
Posted By Steve Goldstein
120mm Macro-Symmar HM question

I have a chance to pick up one of these in barrel mount. Is it as simple
as simply screwing the cells into a Copal 0 shutter? I realize I'll need to
do something about aperture...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 24th 06, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Source for Series VI to 52mm stepup rings?

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:30:27 GMT, "Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

Steve Goldstein wrote:
Does anybody sell these in the US? I've found Series VII to 52mm in the
past
(nice for...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 24th 06, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

On 23 Oct 2006 06:44:55 -0700, "Jim" wrote:

Steve Goldstein wrote:
Does anybody sell these in the US? I've found Series VII to 52mm in the past
(nice for that 100mm or...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 23rd 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 4
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Source for Series VI to 52mm stepup rings?

Does anybody sell these in the US? I've found Series VII to 52mm in the past
(nice for that 100mm or 135mm WF Ektar), but no Series VI.

Please reply to group, the email address won't work unless...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 20th 06, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 8
Posted By Steve Goldstein
7X17 wide-angles

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:40:16 -0500, "j" wrote:

Kevin H. Phillips wrote:
I have a friend who recently acquired a Korona 7X17 camera at an
auction. He would like to find a good...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 13th 06, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Thickness of front-cell shim for 210mm APO-Sironar-W?

Does anyone know if this shim is a standard thickness, and if so, how thick
it is? Or did each lens get its own shim to optimize its performance? Mine
came with no shim, but most APO-Sironars I've...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 5th 06, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 22
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Speaking of Joel Meyerowitz...

Have you tried contacting his publisher with this question? I don't mean look
at a website, but actually use a telephone, or email, and give sufficient time
for a reply. They might possibly be able...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 14th 06, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Goldstein
CLA - who besides Grimes and Flutot?

Can anyone recommend any US sources for LF shutter CLA besides
SKGrimes and Flutot's? Grimes are good but a bit pricey, Flutot's
good, less expensive, but temporarily not accepting...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 29th 06, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Source for lens shims?

Thanks Murray, I'll give them a try. In the meantime, I was able to "iron out"
the wrinkles with a marble rolling pin, but it's good to know about this.

Steve

On 28 Aug 2006 18:49:48 -0700,...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 16th 06, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Goldstein
150 G-Claron filter solution

On 15 Aug 2006 11:20:19 -0700, "murrayatuptowngallery"
wrote:

I just got a G-Claron hand-me-down.

Date code places it in mid-70's vintage.

Most data I see,...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 15th 06, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Source for lens shims?

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:05:55 -0400, Jim Hemenway wrote:

Steve:

Have you tried SK Grimes? They may have some.

http://www.skgrimes.com/product/index.htm

Jim
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 15th 06, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 15
Posted By Steve Goldstein
Source for lens shims?

Does anyone know of a source for the very thin round shims sometimes
used between a lens cell and the shutter? I think they're probably brass.
I'd like to replace one that was somehow mangled by a...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17