Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Royalty Free Photgraphs

On May 30, 3:26 pm, wrote:
I have a site with 'royalty-free photographs' high 8million pixel
defintion public garden/landscape

You should try to make some profit -...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 07, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Ultra compact

On May 23, 10:47 pm, (Tee Doubleyou) wrote:
I am looking for an ultra compact camera for a gift, about 6-7-8 MP with a
view finder (and LCD monitor as well), not the one...
Forum: Digital Photography May 9th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How to take photos at night?

On May 8, 10:34 pm, Sarath wrote:
I've a Canon S3 IS. While taking photos are night, it's getting
blurred. Is it possible without using Tripod?
Also the ISO amount getting...
Forum: Other Photographic Equipment April 8th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 68
Posted By [email protected]
Turning film cameras into digital cameras

On Apr 6, 11:02 pm, ray wrote:
I've not seen anything that looked like a 'film cartridge' but there are
indeed digital backs for a number of cameras.

I'd think there'd be...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 106

On Apr 6, 11:02 pm, ray wrote:
I've not seen anything that looked like a 'film cartridge' but there are
indeed digital backs for a number of cameras.

I'd think there'd be...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Can a digicam purchased from USA be used in India?

On Mar 31, 1:53 pm, wrote:
I am curious to know whether any digicam purchased in USA will work in
India.I mean to say about it's charging process.

If it uses ordinary...
Forum: Digital Photography March 31st 07, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Seriously, where can I get the BEST DEAL on Nikon lenses?? I'm poor

Go to a pawn shop. They usually have quite a variety of pawned photo
gear people defaulted on the loans the stuff collateralized - and at
very good prices; lenses are invariably among it. They also...
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 07, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Thinking about a used pro Minolta Digital for my lenses, what can I get for $300?

On Mar 14, 12:10 am, "DeanB" wrote:
Hello, I've been meaning to sell my 85/1.4 and 50/1.4 minolta AF
lenses, but it struck me the other day that I could pick up a fairly
Forum: Digital Photography March 14th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Leasing/renting digital cameras.

On Mar 12, 9:55 pm, ray wrote:
Fleecing a car is also about the most expensive way to go - unless someone
else pays for it or you get a huge tax break.

It can be a valuable...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 07, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Leasing/renting digital cameras.

On Mar 11, 10:59 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Though I don't get into leasing there are major advantages to it for some.
Usually the monthly payment is significantly lower...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Leasing/renting digital cameras.

On Mar 11, 6:43 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Total NONSENSE! Even though the total useful life of a pro dSLR is
18-months it still can be sold for a respectable price. As...
Forum: Digital Photography March 11th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Leasing/renting digital cameras.

On Mar 10, 9:28 pm, irwell wrote:
It seems that as soon as one gets a new
camera that is affordable, another model appears with
must have type of features.
So when we feel we...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Pentax OptioS7

On Mar 10, 11:41 am, "Keith (Southend)"
wrote:
The camera fits my needs with everything else as it's size is just super
for fitting in your pocket,

I hope...
Forum: Digital Photography March 4th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
What are the best sites for buying accessories of digital cameras ?

On Mar 3, 10:54 pm, " wrote:
i want to know what are the best sites for buying accessories for digital cameras like tripods, camera bags..etc

Wal-Mart's...
Forum: Digital Photography March 3rd 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
decent low end cameras?

On Mar 3, 10:58 am, "Ron Baker, Pluralitas!"
wrote:
What is a decent low end (around $100) camera?

Look on eBay - or at a pawn shop - for a barely-used one being...
Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
The Gray Market

I suspect the gray market for new cameras and digicams is nowhere near
what it long was. The huge eBay market for barely-used ones is
undoubtably undercutting what any gray marketer could sell new...
Forum: Digital Photography February 23rd 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
where's the good(camera) deals in San Fran?

On Feb 21, 2:06 pm, Bill Funk wrote:
Only if they actually have it in stock - which is my point. Pawn shops here simply don't have the good stuff on the shelves.
At least...
Forum: Digital Photography February 21st 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
where's the good(camera) deals in San Fran?

On Feb 20, 4:58 pm, Bill Funk wrote:
When I visit pawn shops, the cameras are mostly old, and the prices are about what eBay auctions close for.

With one HUGE difference -...
Forum: Digital Photography February 20th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
where's the good(camera) deals in San Fran?

On Feb 19, 7:36 pm, wrote:
I'm in town (SF) for the week, and thought I'd take advantage of the 700$ worth of ""stuff"" I can bring back across the line (Canada) duty-free...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 07, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Buying photo equipment in Dallas

On Feb 18, 11:59 am, Bill Funk quoted me:
Head for a pawn shop. They'll let you test out on the spot before buying any digicam they are trying to sell after some guy...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 07, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Buying photo equipment in Dallas

On Feb 17, 7:07 pm, "jpersson" wrote:
I'm going to visit Dallas next week and since cameras are much cheaper in the US than in Sweden where I come from, I'm planning to...
Forum: Digital Photography February 16th 07, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
General Electric (GE) camera

On Feb 15, 1:45 am, Bob Williams wrote:
GE makes great Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, A/Cs and Jet
engines.....BUT..... Most of their electronics stuff is relegated to...
Forum: Digital Photography February 15th 07, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
General Electric (GE) camera

On Feb 15, 7:51 am, J. Clarke wrote:
By that reasoning nobody would be buying _any_ new digital cameras.

Why else do you think established camera firms are pulling out...
Forum: Digital Photography February 15th 07, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
General Electric (GE) camera

On Feb 14, 12:35 pm, Scott Schuckert wrote:
I wonder if they're aware of their own reputation? I have never once - in DECADES - had a GE brand consumer electronics product that was...
Forum: Digital Photography February 14th 07, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
General Electric (GE) camera

I don't see it working out. The market is already so saturated with
digicams - and digicam makers - that manufacturers are dropping out of
it. The number of possible first-time digicam buyers in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64