Showing results 1 to 25 of 68
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob G
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 18th 08, 07:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 1
Posted By Bob G
Cleaning my D3 sensor / Arctic Butterfly

.... dust (visible dust) seems to be worse with FF
images.

What's FF?

Is it really that difficult and time-consuming to spell it out?

Pretty soon we'll all be speaking in acronyms.
Forum: Digital Photography February 26th 08, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob G
Cleaning my D3 sensor / Arctic Butterfly

.... dust (visible dust) seems to be worse with FF
images.

What's FF?

Is it really that difficult and time-consuming to spell it out?

Pretty soon we'll all be speaking in acronyms.
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 26th 08, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob G
Please name the sharpest Nikon lenses

I'm switching to Nikon and I would like you to list the three Nikon
lenses (current or not, but AF only) you think are the best in image
quality.

Thanks!
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 13th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob G
Now a problem with some 1DsMkIII. Will Canon never learn? (TROLL)

On Feb 13, 12:10*am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
RichA wrote:
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22289

Trolling again, loser? *I...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 08, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Bob G
Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

Ah. so you're one of those people for whom nothing is interesting if
it isn't useful. I guess that's why you put so little thought into
your postings.

You like to jump to conclusions easily....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Bob G
Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

Obviously, that does not indicate in any way that Bob G is unable
to understand or evaluate the tables, merely that "a Master's in
Mathematics" is about as relevant to understanding the tables...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Bob G
Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

Calling that mental torture explains the state of many things in
today's societies (at least ours, ie, western ones). I blame it all on
the incompetence of the teachers in our schools. Or...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Bob G
Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

not looking to understand,
not curious?

hmmm.

If I were to tell you I'm not interested in Botany, would you also
call me incurious, hmmm?

I am incurious about camera (read computer)...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 4th 08, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Bob G
Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

Interesting? Not to photographers, certainly not to me.

All you need to falsify a generalisation is one contrary example :-)

(It's interesting to me as a photographer who takes a keen...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 4th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 25
Posted By Bob G
Digital Camera Sensor Performane Summary updated Feb 3

On Feb 4, 9:21*am, RichA wrote:
On Feb 4, 1:29 am, "Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"

wrote:
If you haven't visited this month,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 25th 08, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 55
Posted By Bob G
Canon finally dumps HORRIBLE Rebel body!

I can't believe you buy a camera based on its cuteness.

dwight

I agree.

Would you also say, "I can't believe you like a picture based on its
cuteness"?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 3rd 08, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob G
Pentax K10D aand K100D cameras

On Jan 2, 10:26*am, Strider wrote:
Greetings from Norfolk (UK)

I am considering whether to buy either a K100D or a K10D Pentax, and
am
interested in what current...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 29th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob G
Canon announces the new EOS 1d s Mark Twain

It sees the world with a lot of humor and a touch of pessimism.

Two versions available, the Huckleberry and the Sawyer, to suit
different photographer personalities.

Said to be excellent for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 23rd 07, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob G
Is Willoughby's reliable?

On Oct 22, 7:36 pm, wrote:
I used to shop in the store when I lived
in NY, but have never used their online
store.

Thanks in advance,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now...

Shouldn't that be "image noise audible"?
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 19th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob G
Refurbished Canon DSLRs

Where they get them is easy. The Canon Sales Reps turn in
their sample cases on a regular schedule. The equipment gets a going
over by Canon but can not be sold as new. The equipmant may also...
Forum: Digital Photography October 19th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob G
Refurbished Canon DSLRs

Where they get them is easy. The Canon Sales Reps turn in
their sample cases on a regular schedule. The equipment gets a going
over by Canon but can not be sold as new. The equipmant may also...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 15th 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By Bob G
40D going UP in price??

But the dollar is on its way down. BUY NOW!
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 5th 07, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob G
The length of the focal length?

On Oct 5, 11:18 am, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Bob G writes:
That doesn't explain the OP's "discrepancies".

It does explain, because it is the fundamental optic theory...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 5th 07, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob G
The length of the focal length?

On Oct 5, 1:12 am, Paul Furman wrote:
wrote:
Just for fun, I measured a 200mm lens from the front objective, to the camera
film plane, and it was...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 5th 07, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Bob G
The length of the focal length?

On Oct 4, 10:34 pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
What gives?

Two properties of a lens: effective focal length versus back focal length.

Not the same thing.

That doesn't...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 5th 07, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

On Oct 4, 7:40 pm, wrote:
Just for fun, I measured a 200mm lens from the front objective, to the camera
film plane, and it was 200mm... nice... but I tried a 300mm lens and...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 2nd 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob G
What upper limit for megapixels?

On Oct 2, 9:49 am, "Doug Freese" wrote: