Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: frederick
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 27th 08, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By frederick
Nikon D70, dedicated infrared

Paul Furman wrote:
Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:
frederick wrote:
Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:
After converting one of my Nikon D70 cameras to infrared only, I
took a quick...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 27th 08, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By frederick
Nikon D70, dedicated infrared

Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:
After converting one of my Nikon D70 cameras to infrared only, I took a
quick shot at the Lion's Park at the end of my street to see the results.
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 08, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By frederick
Full-frame sensor digicams are always SLRs?

clandestin_écureuil wrote:
NimPhrey wrote:
Perhaps there is a technical or economic reason. Any takers?

Why must consumers be limited to SLRs when they want to purchase a
full-frame...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 08, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

nospam wrote:
In article 2vj8k.24578$kx.36@pd7urf3no, NimPhrey
wrote:

Perhaps there is a technical or economic reason. Any takers?

Why must consumers be...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 08, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 50
Posted By frederick
Nikon

ASAAR wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:04:49 +0100, Jake wrote:

Is it just me, or are there a lot of stupid posts here supporting Nikon?

No, it's not just you. But not all of those that...
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By frederick
70-200 or 70-300 for Pentax

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article 1214216927.943206@ftpsrv1, frederick says...

Better than looking at the ISO 1600 samples from the K20d, look at the
ISO100 samples here and weep:
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 08, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By frederick
70-200 or 70-300 for Pentax

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article 1214213673.961314@ftpsrv1, frederick says...
Alfred Molon wrote:

I have no information about the dynamic range of the K20D sensor, and in
fact there...
Forum: Digital Photography June 23rd 08, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By frederick
70-200 or 70-300 for Pentax

Alfred Molon wrote:

I have no information about the dynamic range of the K20D sensor, and in
fact there is no such information in published reviews, so I wonder how
you reach the conclusion...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By frederick
70-200 or 70-300 for Pentax

David J Taylor wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor says...

If you had bought Nikon, there's a very well respected...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 08, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 16
Posted By frederick
Focus Fallibility: Lens Test Fallacies

Paul Furman wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
In article 122465f9-3e52-4411-b3d6-4f240fe66274
@x35g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, Don Stauffer in Minnesota says...

Admittedly an LCD screen is...
Forum: Digital Photography June 22nd 08, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By frederick
Nikon Capture NX2 for RAW processing?

Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:

If you use a D300 or D3 camera, then Capture Nx applies auto CA
correction to raw files by default(it can be unselected if you want to
for some...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 08, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By frederick
Nikon Capture NX2 for RAW processing?

John McWilliams wrote:
frederick wrote:

You are sounding like a brand-zealot / fanboy / shill.

Pot; kettle; black.

Rubbish.
Read the entire thread again.
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By frederick
Nikon Capture NX2 for RAW processing?

John McWilliams wrote:
frederick wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
frederick wrote:
Bookish wrote:
I've been using Adobe Photoshop's plugin to processing my Nikon NEF
images....
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 08, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

John McWilliams wrote:
frederick wrote:
Bookish wrote:
I've been using Adobe Photoshop's plugin to processing my Nikon NEF
images. Would there be any advantage in getting Capture NX2 to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 19th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Bookish wrote:
I've been using Adobe Photoshop's plugin to processing my Nikon NEF
images. Would there be any advantage in getting Capture NX2 to do this
rather than using Photoshop? For about...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 19th 08, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By frederick
Nikon D700

Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
This rumour/leak seems to have a bit more credibility than the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 18th 08, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By frederick
Nikon D700

Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
This rumour/leak seems to have a bit more credibility than the usual
photoshopped images and reports of "a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 18th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By frederick
Nikon D700

frederick wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
This rumour/leak seems to have a bit more credibility than the usual
photoshopped images and reports of "a guy I know is testing a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 18th 08, 05:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By frederick
Nikon D700

Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
This rumour/leak seems to have a bit more credibility than the usual
photoshopped images and reports of "a guy I know is testing a camera
for xxx"
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 18th 08, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By frederick
Nikon D700

This rumour/leak seems to have a bit more credibility than the usual
photoshopped images and reports of "a guy I know is testing a camera for
xxx"
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/657828
So,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 17th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By frederick
Faking a polarizef sky from RAW

G Paleologopoulos wrote:
"TRoss" wrote
Alternately....

1. Open the RAW image and expose for highlights.
2....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 16th 08, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By frederick
Query on lens ... what really are those numbers?

Anoop Saxena wrote:
maths snipped

Close enough approximations:
50mm on 35mm = 33mm on APS-C (D60).

Just use the ratio 1: 1.5 for crop factor - makes life easy.

If you're used to DOF with 35mm,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 08, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 62
Posted By frederick
DOF preview in OVFs of DSLRs is crippled

Ray Fischer wrote:
Jake wrote:
Which is why I have asked for aperture bracketing on SLR's for a while,
which is only firmware at the end of the day!

Isn't that with...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 08, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By frederick
Sony mass-produces back-illuminated image sensors

David J Taylor wrote:
Ray Fischer wrote:
David J Taylor
[]
Why do you say that? Isn't the quantum efficiency improvement in
going from front- to back-illumination enough to produce...
Forum: Digital Photography June 15th 08, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By frederick
Sony mass-produces back-illuminated image sensors

Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:
frederick wrote:
ASAAR wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 00:01:21 +1200, frederick wrote:

They mention a 1.7um square...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125