Showing results 1 to 25 of 90
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: peter
Forum: Digital Photography October 21st 08, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By peter
Elements vs Photoshop - comparison of features/abilities question

Pardon me changing the subject but can any of you guys tell me how to
stop PS Elements rushing up every time I plug in a camera and trying
download my photographs for me? Whatever is the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 30th 08, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
DSLR video versus camcorder?

Since some of the DSLR can shoot video, the question is, how is the video
compared to a dedicated HDV camcorder?
Forum: Digital Photography August 28th 08, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By peter
need help with lighting groups

wedding groups shots in church after the ceremony i always have light
fall on the corners .

24-70 2.8l exposure 125/4.5 i hate bumbing up the iso but do but still
am not happy doing that...
Forum: Digital Photography August 11th 08, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 69
Posted By peter
SLRs banned at Olympics

The official web site only bans "professional videotaping equipments" (rule
5.3 last sentence).

http://en.beijing2008.cn/tickets/news/n214329933_2.shtml
Forum: Digital Photography July 31st 08, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By peter
Equivalent of "opening 1 or more stop" in post processing?

In photoshop if you want to approximate the effect of increasing exposure by
1 or more stops, do you adjust the contrast alone, or gamma as well? If you
have to adjust gamma, then what is the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 41
Posted By peter
Full-frame sensor digicams are always SLRs?

"NimPhrey" wrote in message
Perhaps there is a technical or economic reason. Any takers?

Why must consumers be limited to SLRs when...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 08, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By peter
upsizing a cell phone photo?

I cleaned up the jpg as best I could, but it's still too tiny to get a
decent print from. Does anyone have any experience trying upsizing
software on these little bitty jpegs? I don't...
Forum: Digital Photography June 18th 08, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By peter
light weight travel tripod for sub compact camera?

I' traveling and am looking for a light weight tripod for a sub compact
(pocketable) camera like the canon elph. I already have a slick U6000 tripod
weighting 2.5 lb. It is overkill to support such...
Forum: Digital Photography June 7th 08, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
LCD screen protector film, in bulk?

Where can I buy large sheets (bulk) of LCD screen protector film that I can
cut into different sizes for camera, gps, PDA, video game, etc?

Is there a different type for touch-screen, versus...
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 08, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By peter
pointless scanning negatives over 300 dpi

I have a negative scanner with optical scan 150 dpi - 3600 dpi (Epson V100)

I want to scan all my old negatives & slides mainly to put on DVD/TV - but
good enough to print a few out as and...
Forum: Digital Photography May 22nd 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
How to create pure white background?

Sometimes I want to shoot some objects with a pure white background. To do
this I use a large softbox as the background and adjust the intensity to
just overexpose.

An undesirable effect is a hazy...
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By peter
Got a Nikon D80 -- want a book recommendation

Finally based on some tips received here, I bought a Nikon D80.

It works great.

Its capabilities greatly exceed my photographic knowledge, so I would
like to humbly ask for a book that...
Forum: Digital Photography May 14th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By peter
Amateur Wedding Photography

Please post the results/experience of your sister shooting her first
wedding.
Forum: Digital Photography May 13th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By peter
Amateur Wedding Photography

I am writing this message for my sister, who has volunteered to
photograph our niece's wedding. She is a marvelous amateur
photographer, uses a Canon Digital Rebel and gets amazing shots. ...
Forum: Digital Photography May 8th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By peter
Techniques for avoiding reflections please

I'm trying to take some photos of some posters (typically 4ft x 3ft or
thereabouts). Some are mounted in glass frames.

Use two flashes at 45 angle to the poster on each side, use fastest sync...
Forum: Digital Photography April 26th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By peter
Why no anti theft feature?

How about a RFID bracelet or keyfob that must be within 6 feet of the
camera to operate it?

That's another good idea. Then if the theft is detected, the camera stops
working and displays "to...
Forum: Digital Photography April 25th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 37
Posted By peter
Why no anti theft feature?

Cameras are one of thieves favorite targets. Yet no camera has anti-theft
feature. Why is that?

I'm going on a trip and can't decide what camera is less attractive to a
thief. A 5 year old canon...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 08, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By peter
A couple questions about the Canon 550 EX flash

Overall, my goal is to have the camera fire one shot per photo, but
have it recycle faster. I photograph mostly cats, and sometimes there
is action, such as a jump or good play move, and...
Forum: Digital Photography April 14th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 30
Posted By peter
How to take pictures with a digital camera

I just can't get used to these new cameras where you have to hold them
away
from your body. Any hints?

This is nothing new. With view/field cameras, not only do you have to hold
them away...
Forum: Digital Photography April 12th 08, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
Is canon the only maker of EF-S (short back focus) lense?

If I understand correctly, a short back focus lense does not need to bend
light as much to achieve a wide angle lense. And the less you have to bend
light, the better quality/cheaper the lense...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 08, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
LED flashlight (torch light) as cheap video light

I got a 67 LED headlamp at http://www.dealextreme.com/ for $9.34. VERY
BRIGHT!

Works good as a video light and synchronizes directly with your brain for
special lighting effects.

Does the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By peter
I need to change a Fujifilm flash bulb

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
"soxmax" wrote in message
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 08, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,alt.photography
Replies: 54
Posted By peter
How to remove crease from photo?

I have a photo that was folded in half, unfortunately,
and I wonder if either Photoshop and/or The GIMP are
able to remove this crease.

Once you scanned it into the computer, it's easy to fix...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 08, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By peter
I need to change a Fujifilm flash bulb

Is "flash bulb" incorrect nomencalature? I am referring to the light
at the top of the camera casing that flashes when you press the
shutter button. I am reluctant to call it a "flash light" for...
Forum: Digital Photography March 7th 08, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By peter
Are heavier dSLR cameras better?

Physics implies that heavier objects have greater inertia. Therefore are
the expensive dSLRs heavier because they are easier to hold still?

Olympus just announced a smaller/lighter than usual...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 90