Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Forum: In The Darkroom March 12th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Usage of fiberglasss print drying rack

On Mar 9, 5:08*pm, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:

wrote

Wondered about those "non-permeable" sheets. My blotter
book was set aside years ago in favor of a corrugated board
Forum: In The Darkroom March 10th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Usage of fiberglasss print drying rack

On Mar 5, 5:19*am, Richard Knoppow wrote:

The differential drying gotten with a screen is also the reason
blotter books and rolls have a non-permeable sheet, waxed
paper in the very old ones,...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 24th 08, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Some simple questions about Single-Tray Processing

On Feb 22, 6:04*am, Steven Woody wrote:

Dan,

1, What's the dillution you used for developor and fixer?
2, What is your workflow? *( i.e. how many fixing, how
many rinses,...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 22nd 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Feb 21, 2:08*am, Steven Woody wrote:

Dan,

1, What's the dillution you used for developor and fixer?
2, What is your workflow? *( i.e. how many fixing, how
many rinses, I mean how you...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 21st 08, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 39
Posted By [email protected]
Some simple questions about Single-Tray Processing

On Feb 19, 10:01*pm, Steven Woody wrote:

I interested in single-tray because,

1, *My room is not large, even thougth it's capable use
three trays, use one tray only is attractive to me;

Forum: In The Darkroom February 19th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Where is Lloyd Erlick's Web site

On Feb 18, 6:27*pm, Steven Woody wrote:

Dan, you don't use stop bath, do you? *Does that mean you use fixing
solution in a one-shot way? And, your fixing time seems shorter than
usual....
Forum: In The Darkroom February 19th 08, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Where is Lloyd Erlick's Web site

On Feb 17, 5:45*pm, Steven Woody wrote:

On Feb 18, 7:10 am, wrote:

On Feb 15, 6:03 am, Steven Woody wrote:

Particularly, I want to find tech articles about...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 18th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Where is Lloyd Erlick's Web site

On Feb 15, 6:03*am, Steven Woody wrote:

Particularly, I want to find tech articles about single-tray
processing. *Thanks if you can give any clue. woody

I'm quite familiar with Lloyd's...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 10th 08, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Darkroom safe light

On Feb 2, 1:42*am, piterengel wrote:

Or, better, red light is "more universal" than light
brown one. Is this correct?

So who want's universal? With the Graded paper I use
a quite bright easy...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 27th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Home printing suggestions

On Jan 23, 4:22*pm, "Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:

Drying fiber prints-

1. Nothing works better than a blotter roll.
*Tough to locate these days.
2. Second best is blotter books -

The...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 16th 08, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By [email protected]
B&W film developing questions

On Jan 9, 2:32*pm, "Ken Hart" wrote:

dryer?

If you are using RC papers, don't fret wiping the print.

I keep a sponge handy for the purpose. Wet and...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 15th 08, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By [email protected]
B&W film developing questions

On Jan 7, 11:30*am, "G.T." wrote:v

Print, load in drum, fill with developer, agitate, empty developer,
fill with stop and agitate, empty, fill with fixer and agitate,...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 14th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 86
Posted By [email protected]
B&W film developing questions

On Jan 5, 12:57*am, "Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote:

My two bits - Rodinal is one time use.

Acu-1 is the one-shot version of Acufine.

My own prediliction is to decant the 500ml container...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 25th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Lith film emulation

"Richard Knoppow" wrote:

... but lith film remains because it is used
in a number of alternative photographic processes
and for special effects such as masking.
Richard Knoppow Los...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 23rd 07, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Lith film emulation

On Oct 21, 11:35 am, piterengel wrote:

Hi, becaise it no more possible to find lith film I need to try with a
qute common film to obtain very high contrasted...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 30th 07, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
102 print developer storage as working solution

On Sep 28, 2:03 pm, "Richard Knoppow" wrote:

"Lloyd Erlick" wrote
Well, that's interesting. I can omit the
carbonate from my 120 developer and see no
difference in prits? Hmm. There...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 28th 07, 11:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
102 print developer storage as working solution

On Sep 27, 4:14 am, Lloyd Erlick wrote:

Recently I posted regarding a print developer
I've been playing with lately: Edwal 102
(Potassium version).

Anyway, I'm a little surprised to find...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 24th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Safelights and paper developer?

On Aug 20, 1:14 am, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Any recemondations for a commonly available liquid paper developer?
I plan to make up a tray full of developer and stop bath and throw them
Forum: In The Darkroom August 22nd 07, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Safelights and paper developer?

On Aug 22, 11:48 am, Peter wrote:

I suppose there would be a few more options for
a wash aid although some ingenuity may help.

Agfa for many years recommended a 2% solution
of sodium...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 25th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Ilford Wash Procedue

On Jun 24, 10:32 am, Lloyd Erlick wrote:

I've always just used a two percent solution
of sodium sulfite.

And I've been plugging Agfa's recommended
sodium carbonate. What happened? Dan
Forum: In The Darkroom June 25th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
one-shot fixer for paper

On Jun 23, 5:18 pm, "Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

I don't use a stop of any sort ... Stories
of possible stain ... How [?]...
I ... use of a ... very dilute...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 24th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
one-shot fixer for paper

On Jun 20, 2:34 pm, Lloyd Erlick wrote:

Acid is unnecessary, and things are easier
without it. In a normal, regular, "ordinary"
black and white darkroom, such as mine and I
bet lots of...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 23rd 07, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
one-shot fixer for paper

On Jun 22, 6:12 am, Steven Woody wrote:

yes, i do like his portraits. i just can not image how can he pour
solution out of his singal tray without using a finger to keep paper
from...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 21st 07, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
one-shot fixer for paper

On Jun 19, 9:35 am, Steven Woody wrote:

serched the net and posted questions on this groups, but i've not yet
very clear on one of my questons: how do i mix and use one-shot none-
acid...
Forum: In The Darkroom June 19th 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Ilford Wash Procedue

On Jun 19, 8:19 am, Steven Woody wrote:

what size of paper and how many sheets of these
papers will a 320ml 1% hypo solution do?

That 3.2 grams of sodium thiosulfate anhydrous
will fix...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125