Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Starlord
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 16th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Starlord
shooting

I just came inside from using my k-1000 camera, right nor this my one woring
camera. it's dunny as there are no battery in it as the meter was burded by
the last oner. but i judge my own for...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 23rd 07, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Starlord
Moonbow

Since the moon is just reflecting sunlight, it really is a sunbow and it's
the only way one can form at night is with at lest a first (1/4) moon up at
night.

--
The Lone Sidewalk Astronomer of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 21st 07, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

What would have been better would have been a good photo of Venus shining
brightly just below our moon last night, and while I had my camera with me,
I couldn't use it as I had over 100 people...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 19th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Starlord
Do you want to be a better digital photographer? (NO)

I'll stick to using FILM.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
AD World
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 19th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By Starlord
A Long Time Ago Spiretone Had ...

teleaphoto lens are poor telescopes, they are designed for cameras and not
viewing. Look at the good telescopes, hell, look at the 3 I own, my smallest
is a F9 4.25inch Dob which can blow away most...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 27th 07, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 27
Posted By Starlord
Fav camera

Simple, I'd take one of my two Topcon Super D's, with it's 1.4 normal lens
and my manual 70 to 210 zoom tele.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 27th 07, 05:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Here in Rosamond there are a lot more film cameras in use than the dig's,
and the two 30min film places do 20 to 40 rolls a day.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 27th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I live on the edge of Rosamond Calif. and there's more film cameras than the
comon CCD one and the two 30min printing places have film to do every day of
the week and there's just 20,000 people...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 25th 07, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 53
Posted By Starlord
We don' need no stiinkin' Kodachrome. We got jets, man, we got jets.

Even Better deal is that I send my film into snapfish.com who not only
delv's the film but also prints it and mails both back to me and before
mailing it while doing prints, they make a .jpg copy...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 25th 07, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 53
Posted By Starlord
We don' need no stiinkin' Kodachrome. We got jets, man, we got jets.

While I've not seen just that camera set up, I window shop on e-bay in the
35mm SLR listings and I have to keep my keyboard covered when I do that or
I'll get it wet from all the ones I see that I...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 25th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 53
Posted By Starlord
We don' need no stiinkin' Kodachrome. We got jets, man, we got jets.

Not me, I still use film and film cameras.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the...

I've had a good number of people get on and look at them. Don't know why you
had troubles but others have not had them and a lot of the handels have been
100% unknowns and the e-mails have been...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 24th 07, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Starlord
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

it's funny, the town I live in only has about 20,000 people in it, yet
there's more film being bought and used than done there in the backwards
county. Poor folks, they'll never lern film is very...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 03:31 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Starlord
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

BS. I've been shooting film since the late 1950's and today I'm still
shooting film and I've sold some shots too and they where prints too.
--
There are those who believe that life here, began out...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 06:41 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Starlord
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

Exatca, Exa, 2 Topcon Super D's, Pentax k1000, and two or three usa made olf
rangefider 35mm cameras from the 50's and a freezer full of film. That's
what I have and use, oh ya I forgot my 100ft...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 05:26 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Starlord
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

Well I've got over 100 rolls of film and 4 working cameras and a snapfish
accout and right now well over 500 prints online. It's far from being dead
in my book. They'd have to pry the film camera...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 23rd 07, 04:23 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 54
Posted By Starlord
Maybe Film is Dead AAARRRGGHHH (longish)

Film is NOT dead, even in the wal-mart today I saw a good bunch of film.
Anyone who thinks film is dead is most likly dead themselves.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 22nd 07, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

use any kind of name and any password it doesn't have to be real.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=157365202/a=1018287/t_=1018287;jsessionid=F3E6B43189E076B520211BEF10B31D47

--...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 19th 07, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Starlord
New photo file format

I forgot to say that over on a dresser top sits my 1040ST with only 52megs
of hard drive and it still works too.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 19th 07, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

I've had my TT030 since 1990 and from the time I got it to Dec.5th 1997 it
was the machine that held the Black Hole BBS with the over 400 members on it
and so far all I've replaced is one keyboard...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 19th 07, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Starlord
New photo file format

The only reason I now use this machine is yahoogroups and some other places
where JAVA will do nothing but crash my number one machine, my Atari TT030
and why? because there never was any java made...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 18th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 8
Posted By Starlord
New photo file format

just more $$$ for the pocket of Bill Gates.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 10th 07, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 109
Posted By Starlord
But it's too HAAARRRDDD!!!

Well yesterday I mailed off two rolls of film to be done by snapfish.com,
not only will I get my negs, but I'll get prints and scanned images stored
online and for just under $6.00 a roll, and they...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 9th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By Starlord
Ad World

http://www.adworld.netfirms.com/

You can sell anything there.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 8th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By Starlord
New Technology for X-Ray

And how does that work with 35mm SLR's? Last time I looked most x-rays are
bigger or a lot smaller than 35mm.