Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: George Anderson
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 19th 08, 05:52 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 34
Posted By George Anderson
[photo] I'm getting a bit clever for my boots

Troy Piggins wrote:
A dewdrop refraction AND an insect macro in the same shot?
Surely that's not possible, unless you are AWESOME! :)

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 19th 08, 05:52 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Troy Piggins wrote:
A dewdrop refraction AND an insect macro in the same shot?
Surely that's not possible, unless you are AWESOME! :)

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 2nd 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 13
Posted By George Anderson
Happy Canada Day To All My Fellow Canadians!

That Rich wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:13:48 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 1, 1:47 pm, Alan Browne...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 1st 08, 06:11 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 13
Posted By George Anderson
[photos] did somebody say "dewdrop refractions"?

Really nice shots Troy, I'll have to have a go with my bellows when I
get a chance.

George Anderson
Montreal Canada

Troy Piggins wrote:
My first real go at this. Most around 2:1 100mm macro...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment July 1st 08, 06:11 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10

Troy Piggins wrote:
My first real go at this. Most around 2:1 100mm macro...
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 08, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By George Anderson
crossed polarising filters to reduce light?

Try Baader Solar film. Blocks 99.999% of the light. Allows you to look
straight at the sun (that is what the eclipse glasses are made from). Or
if you are not trying to shoot the sun but just need...
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 22
Posted By George Anderson
crossed polarising filters to reduce light?

Try Baader Solar film. Blocks 99.999% of the light. Allows you to look
straight at the sun (that is what the eclipse glasses are made from). Or
if you are not trying to shoot the sun but just need...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 4th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By George Anderson
[pics] Aus vs Canada baseball

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Pboud wrote:
Nice shots.. Since this was Canada against Australia, the better
question would be "How much beer did they bring?"

:D
P.

:) Only beer on...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 4th 08, 05:16 AM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 12
Posted By George Anderson
[pics] Aus vs Canada baseball

Troy Piggins wrote:
* Pboud wrote:
Nice shots.. Since this was Canada against Australia, the better
question would be "How much beer did they bring?"

:D
P.

:) Only beer on...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 4th 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By George Anderson
Snowflakes

OK, the weather is crap here, but at least it warmed up to -10C (-26C
Wednesday night).
So I decided to shoot some of the fluffy stuff coming down.
http://www.pbase.com/georgea/snowflakes

George...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 19th 07, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By George Anderson
Lightning Photography

Or patient during a good storm. Just shoot lots of frames (you'll have
to play with exposure) and you should end up with a good shot.
http://epod.usra.edu/archive/epodviewer.php3?oid=185824

George...
Forum: Digital Photography December 19th 07, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 43
Posted By George Anderson
Lightning Photography

Or patient during a good storm. Just shoot lots of frames (you'll have
to play with exposure) and you should end up with a good shot.
http://epod.usra.edu/archive/epodviewer.php3?oid=185824

George...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 6th 07, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 5
Posted By George Anderson
Digital filters needed?

JimKramer wrote:
On Dec 5, 7:50 am, "Donald Specker"
wrote:
Anything beyond marketing for needing new generation digital filters for
digital cameras?

Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 20th 07, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 10
Posted By George Anderson
- Early Mandate - Autumn

JimKramer wrote:
On Nov 19, 7:57 pm, Peter Chant
wrote:
JimKramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/autumn
Goodness - Autumns pretty much over...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 23rd 07, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 24
Posted By George Anderson
GETTING TO KNOW THE FABULOUS 40D !

Annika1980 wrote:
Went out today armed with the brand new Fabulous 40D and
the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L.

Met some old friends ....

...and...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 22nd 07, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 17
Posted By George Anderson
Noise is an unexpected issue with new Canon DSLR

Wow!!! What a great emulation of film. The sensor is reacting just like
modern day films with larger clumpier grain in the shadow areas and much
finer grain in the highlights.
My guess would be...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 19th 07, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 35
Posted By George Anderson
THE GREATEST GIFT !

Congrats big time Bret!
Count your blessings and make sure you dedicate your first coffee table
book to Helen.

Helen: Hope you have your spam filter fine tuned because you are about
to get...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 18th 07, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Replies: 6
Posted By George Anderson
HUGE BIRDS LOVE THE 20D !

Annika1980 wrote:
Even monsters like this little fellow:

Your best hummer shot that I have seen to date. Great job Bret.

George
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 13th 07, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By George Anderson
Digital Stars

Just for a lark I put the K-10D on my equatorial mount tonight once the
sky was dark (other than light pollution).
Here is the result of a 5 minute unguided exposure at 800ISO through a
135mm f/2.5...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 12th 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,alt.photography
Replies: 2
Posted By George Anderson
Wedding Photographer in Brisbane and 2 very rare Fords.

D_Mac wrote:
The Ford GT falcon must be the most forged car in Australia. Ex taxis,
ex Police cars all got worked over to look the part.

Here are two originals. The earlier model had the V8...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 10th 07, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By George Anderson
Summer Triangle

George Anderson wrote:
Another shot that is a few years old. I shot this at a friends place
near the Canada/US border where there are fairly dark skies.
Shot on Supra 400 (from the freezer)...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 10th 07, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 3
Posted By George Anderson
Summer Triangle

Another shot that is a few years old. I shot this at a friends place
near the Canada/US border where there are fairly dark skies.
Shot on Supra 400 (from the freezer) with a Pentax ME Super, SMC...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 5th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By George Anderson
The sky is falling

That_Rich wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:46:56 -0400, "georgea"
wrote:

No quite, some shots I tool about three years ago from my house during solar
maximum.
Also...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 5th 07, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By George Anderson
Young Monarch

Annika1980 wrote:
On Sep 4, 8:59 am, uw wayne wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/georgea/image/85011206/large
Looks like Bret has a competitor.

The more the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 4th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 7
Posted By George Anderson
Young Monarch

I had hoped to catch this one as it emerged from the Chrysalis in the
garden, a half an hour earlier there was no sign of it emerging. Then
half an hour later it was out and sunning itself to dry...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29