Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 2.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bhogi
Forum: Digital Photography March 13th 08, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Bhogi
Problems with Cannon EOS 350D

On 12 mar., 20:42, "Tim Downie"
wrote:
My daughter has recently noticed a problem with the images on her EOS 350D
when taking photographs as 1600 ISO.

I've...
Forum: Digital Photography February 11th 08, 10:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Bhogi
Digital Camera Sensor: 14bit sucks?

On 10 feb., 22:08, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
], who wrote...
Forum: Digital Photography July 11th 07, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Bhogi
fisheyes for nikon d40

David Ruether wrote:
"Matti Vuori" wrote in message ...
"Neil Harrington" wrote in
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Bhogi
Some images just don't translate well.. (aka - bad p-p technique?)

wrote:
This slide looks great when projected (if I say so myself!) but when
scanned or printed, it just dies..

http://www.marktphoto.com/stormfront.jpg

snip

All...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Bhogi
1:1 vs. crop?

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Bhogi" wrote:
David J. Littleboy wrote:

An "equivalent" comparison would be 400D + 50-150/2.8 vs. 5D +
70-200/4.0.

Thanks, you...
Forum: Digital Photography June 27th 07, 08:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Bhogi
1:1 vs. crop?

David J. Littleboy wrote:
"Bhogi" wrote:

Easier makes no sense now: it's available it's cheaper, it's lighter.
Please give me one example for real equivalent of 10-22 for...
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 07, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Bhogi
Dpreviews/Apparent contradictions

wrote:
On Jun 26, 7:58 am, "Jackson Bryan" wrote:
How does this make sense?

"For each camera the relevant prime lens was used."

Yes, the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 07, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Bhogi
1:1 vs. crop?

Floyd L. Davidson je napisal:
Bhogi wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
- inexpensive "standard" lenses

Not true for either larger or smaller sensors.

There's...
Forum: Digital Photography June 26th 07, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Bhogi
1:1 vs. crop?

nospam wrote:
In article ,
Bhogi wrote:

Lenses for full frame are heavyer then they need to be for use on APS-
C....
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Bhogi
1:1 vs. crop?

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Bhogi wrote:
No, I think he means full frame CCD... I mean CMOS :)

Advantages:

Your list of "advantages" is not a list that depends on the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 25th 07, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By Bhogi
1:1 vs. crop?

Don Stauffer wrote:
On Jun 25, 3:14 am, wrote:
Hi, all.

I've finally found this group. :)
I'm planning to buy a DSLR camera. I figured out there are several
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 07, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 29
Posted By Bhogi
Nikon wide angle lense question - confused on one aspect

dj_nme wrote:
ink wrote:
The 14mm is indeed rectilinear.

I'm surprised that Nikon doesn't mention this on their website, it seems
like an oversight on their part.

Hehe, virtualy all of...
Forum: Digital Photography June 24th 07, 10:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Bhogi
Canon EOS 400D & Nikon D40x : EOS EF lenses

M wrote:
Its time to trade in my film EOS500 35mm SLR. Im looking at the
EOS400D and the D40x. From what I've read, I suspect the D40x just has
the edge.

I'm wondering whether I could...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 12
Posted By Bhogi
Time lapse pointing at sun ok or not?

DeanB wrote:
On Jun 20, 2:05 am, Bhogi wrote:
DeanB wrote:
Will I damage a Nikon D2Hs by leaving it to do a time lapse series for
a whole day, if the sun will come...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 150
Posted By Bhogi
When does Photography become Art?

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote in message
You didn't get the *picture*...

I was tempted to say "pretty picture", and should
have... ;-)

Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Rich wrote:
On Jun 19, 11:30 am, DeanB wrote:
Will I damage a Nikon D2Hs by leaving it to do a time lapse series for
a whole day, if the sun will come into view?...
Forum: Digital Photography June 20th 07, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

DeanB wrote:
Will I damage a Nikon D2Hs by leaving it to do a time lapse series for
a whole day, if the sun will come into view? Anyone had problems with
sun damage?

Thanks!

Dean

Canon...
Forum: Digital Photography June 16th 07, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Bhogi
Does Canon Camera SDK Allow for Focus Control?

wrote:
Does anyone know if Canon SDK allows for focus control? (Not
auto focus, but software controlled version of manual focus control?).

Clearly the mechanism to...
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 07, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Bhogi
When does Photography become Art?

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Bhogi" wrote in message
ilustrated with a question: is something art if nobody else but artist
sees (hears, expiriences) it?

Sure....
Forum: Digital Photography June 11th 07, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Bhogi
When does Photography become Art?

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Bhogi" wrote in message
Neil Harrington wrote:
"Bhogi" wrote in...
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 07, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Bhogi
When does Photography become Art?

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Bhogi" wrote in message
Neil Harrington wrote:

Some people, perhaps even majority,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 10th 07, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By Bhogi
When does Photography become Art?

Neil Harrington wrote:

snip
People who've never done any real art work themselves may indeed accept
almost anything they like the looks of as "an artistic creation." They don't
know the...
Forum: Digital Photography June 1st 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Bhogi
panorama mode and stitching with digital rebel xti

Asle Bjerva wrote:
Rutger wrote:
" schreef in bericht
Hello,

The title...
Forum: Digital Photography May 25th 07, 07:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bhogi
Camera or lens calibration?

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Bhogi wrote:
Well I guess I am not sure what exactly you are talking about either.
:-)

Hehe, I was just testing all the "big glass" lenses I have to figure
out if the...
Forum: Digital Photography May 22nd 07, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Bhogi
Camera or lens calibration?

My new Sigma 50-150 f2.8 has about 4cm of front focus. I purchased it
nevertheless because the lens can be calibrated.
What seems strange to me is when I focus it manualy using central
focus point on...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 67