Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Howard Lester[_3_]
Forum: In The Darkroom October 10th 12, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 4
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Light in darkroom ??

"kevinrea" wrote

Hi guys,
I am going to start developing my own c41 color film.
for loading the color film into the container.., can you use any color
of lightbulb, or do you have to do it...
Forum: In The Darkroom November 24th 11, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
CIBACHROME

"czarnobialykwadrat!" wrote

Hi,

I am looking for cibachrome developer formula, as I have some chemistry
but developer turned into brown color and doesn't work anymowe.
Any helpful...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment July 1st 11, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 0
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Picking a head

"Cheesehead" wrote

I recently acquired a big Bogen 3036 tripod.
It came with 3047/029 head..
I'd like to use with with the Eastman 2D.

I'm not at all familiar with the Eastman 2D. I have a...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 16th 11, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
No need to know anything..

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Not quite -- The Optical Sciences Center (now the Meinel Optical
Sciences Center) is across the "mall" from the Gerard P. Kuiper Space
Sciences Center, formerly...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 15th 11, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
No need to know anything..

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote

As far as buying my way to artistic success, my favorite was a series of
"filters" sold by Spiratone (I believe it was). This was a thing you
screwed to the front of...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 15th 11, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
No need to know anything..

"David Nebenzahl"

I guess I'm lucky, in that the only photography classes I took were not at
all like this. I actually had a minor brush with celebrity when I took my
first class from Paul...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 7th 11, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
What darkroom newsgroups survive?

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote

But will the manufacturers continue to wish to make it?

Well, from the perspective of a manufacturer who continues
to make photographic gear ...

It will...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 7th 11, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 8
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
What darkroom newsgroups survive?

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote

In the same way, perhaps we can rejoice at the cameras in cell phones,
getting people away from real cameras. Unfortunately, I do not wish to
make my own film or...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 6th 11, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 15
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Apertu geometric vs. real

"Richard Knoppow" wrote

I have been writing _principle_ where I mean _principal_
as in principal point. I DO know the difference but
sometimes in casual writing I don't go back and...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 3rd 11, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 15
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Apertu geometric vs. real (correction)

The secondary *could* be smaller than the primary hole (plus the primary's
surrounding baffle!) that is sized according to the required diameter of the
camera's lens mount....

The hole in the...
Forum: In The Darkroom January 3rd 11, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 15
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Apertu geometric vs. real

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote

A mirror lens has part of the front entrance pupil
blocked by the mirror that is glued to the back of
the front element. Then part of the rear mirror is
missing...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 30th 10, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 48
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
No need to know anything..

wrote

Maybe advertising like the above has convinced people they just need to
buy a great camera and not knowing anything about photography isn't an
issue?

What do...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 3rd 10, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 10
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Lenses that satisfy

"Helge Nareid" wrote

As far as I know Topcon is still in business, but not manufacturing
any photographic equipment.

Thank you! It was fun to read all that, especially since I started out in...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 25th 10, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 10
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Lenses that satisfy

"Donn Cave" wrote

Topcon was originally Tokyo Optical Company, according to the
infallible online oracles.

---------------------

Topcon made/marketed a 35mm SLR in the 60's. A classmate had one.
Forum: In The Darkroom September 16th 10, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 0
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Avadon BW Prints

wrote:
Today I visited the Avadon Fashion exhibition at the MFA in Boston,
Ma.
There were several rooms of prints.
They were all black and white "silver gelatin"...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 9th 10, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
How to use a hand light-meter?

wrote

I just feel reflected metering requires the most "subjective"
interpretation as you have to take into account how far from a matte
finish gray card your subject...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 8th 10, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
How to use a hand light-meter?

"Michael" wrote
On 2010-09-05 02:46:37 -0400, said:

On 9/3/2010 6:18 PM, Howard Lester wrote:
You
just walk to the subject and point the meter's white dome at the...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 4th 10, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
How to use a hand light-meter?

"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote

Grab hold of Ansel Adam's *The Negative*, Chapters 3 and 4.

And don't ever let it go.
Forum: In The Darkroom September 3rd 10, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 12
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
How to use a hand light-meter?

"Darkroom User" wrote

As obtaining correct film exposure is of fundamental importance to
provide good negatives, would a hand meter be a worth while investment
instead of relying on the...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 3rd 09, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Sun Pak Flash

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Now why didn't I think of trying a website like that? :-) duh....

Not that *I* have ever made a mistake like that ...

Of course not. :-)

Usually when I...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 2nd 09, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Sun Pak Flash

"jay" wrote

Hi all
Does any one have any idea why I can't find Sun Pak's own web site.
Are they listed under a different name?

Have you tried...
Forum: In The Darkroom October 8th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 3
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Polaroid and Fuju instant films safelight question

"darkroommike" wrote

Polaroid 600 is a integral self developing film, it shoots out of the
camera

How far?

;-)
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 27th 09, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 15
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Opinion sought: Omega 45D

"Alan Browne" wrote

I contacted the seller who says he probably has 2 or more lenses in his
cupboards.

I might make larger aperture lens boards - unless it is more difficult
than I...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 4th 09, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 13
Posted By Howard Lester[_3_]
Geezer installing a darkroom ...

"K W Hart" wrote

Straying away from darkrooms into air conditioners, Mitsubishi makes a two
part system: the air handler mounts inside the room, usually near the
ceiling and the compressor...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24