Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David J Taylor[_7_]
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

George Kerby wrote:
On 1/3/09 10:19 AM, in article
, "David J Taylor"

Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

savvo wrote:
[]
My one month old Dell PC, awaiting surgery to repair my
cack-handedness...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43805195@N00/3163477859/
[]

Are you going to try and do the repair...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

wrote:
Thanks for the replies and discussion (which most of them I don't
quite understand).
[]
However, I still did not have any responses (except perhaps one) on
what...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

Paul Furman wrote:
[]
Whether 720 or 705... you are saying that's the most a TV can do
without burning blu-ray format (is that even possible?). If so I'd
say this makes TVs pretty much...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

TheRealSteve wrote:
[]
Of course it's not as good as a high-quality JPEG. But you won't
notice any difference viewing it on most TVs. And of course it's less
flexible. But we don't need...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
[]
So riddle me this, David: You're quite prepared to make a pretty
aggressive resolution assumption based just on speculation about
dissimilar devices (Foveon, 3 CCD), not...
Forum: Digital Photography January 4th 09, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 103
D3 vs D700

ASAAR wrote:
[]
[Thom Hogan]
feels that most photographers could improve their images much more
by improving their D700/printer skills than by getting a D3x.

For most people, I think that's...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 18:26:14 GMT, "David J Taylor"
[]
John, I appreciate all of that. I specifically asked about studies
comparing RGB to Bayer, and the number of pixels or...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 103
D3 vs D700

measekite wrote:
[]
That is not the case. Sometimes even in the same article he
contradicts himself. And other times he says contradictory things in
different articles a few days apart;...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 07:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
[]
There are lots of resources on this on the Internet which can easily
be found with Google. For example, Wikipedia on Bayer Filter:

[]
Properly demosaiced, the output...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:53:51 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote
in :
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

John Navas wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:19:33 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote
in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:31:20 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote
in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
On Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:25:41 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote
in...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 122
New Card Reader

George Kerby wrote:
[]

George,

Having made your comments about a particular newsgroup poster rather more
than once already, perhaps you could now give it a rest?

Thanks,
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 145
Hardware Worship Religion

RichA wrote:
[]
No, the lazy attitudes of most in the U.S. are WHY people are so pig-
ignorant about anything scientific. Curiosity eludes them, they just
sit and watch TV all day. Also...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 09:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 103
D3 vs D700

measekite wrote:
[]
They call the wind Mariah. He says a lot of things like the wind
blows. One day South and the other North. He is inconsistent from
time to time and review to review and...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

HEMI - Powered wrote:
[]
Huh?! How does the way a camera "sees" a pixel translate into how a
TV sees one? Or, a PC monitor? 16 million color requires 3 bytes per
pixel, of course, but how does...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

HEMI - Powered wrote:
[]
David, we've had this discussion ad nauseum, namely is "more mega
pixels better images" or not. You are obviously correct that few
cameras other than toys are less than...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

nospam wrote:
In article , David J
Taylor
wrote:

There's another reason for...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 09:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

wrote:
[]
Thanks for all of the info and discussions. However, I just simply
could not get sharp, crisp photos from my cameras.
I tried some photos using a 3MP Lumix digital...
Forum: Digital Photography January 3rd 09, 09:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 20:04:19 GMT, "David J Taylor"
[]
The LCD TVs I've seen are quite capable of pixel-level resolution,
John.

Brand and model please.

All I have...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras January 3rd 09, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Green "red eye"

YDOD wrote:
Is there any low cost software which will remove the green eyes which
occur when dogs are photographed with on camera flash. Or any easy
way to do it with AcDsee pro.

Paint Shop...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 09, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

John Navas wrote:
[]
Most current TV electronics aren't capable of that kind of pixel level
resolution -- put the HD input on pause and look closely -- and your
eyes couldn't see it in a moving...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 09, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 88
Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

Terry Pinnell wrote:
[]
Anyway, in general I'd choose the highest possible resolution every
time, as I like to edit my hasty compositions on the PC. And that's
where sometimes I can create...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125