Showing results 1 to 25 of 35
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nathantw
Forum: Digital Photography October 8th 07, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By nathantw
Nikon D3 video

You want to see something that's pretty unfathomable in the film world?
Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XD6F7M45k . Seriously, how does
one pick out ONE photo out of all those. The...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 07, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By nathantw
Nikon's new flagship chip? Sony's new camera might be a sign of things to come

Here's another link.
http://www.infodigitalcamera.com/blog/342/sony-alpha-high-end-amateur-model/

"nathantw" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 07, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By nathantw
Nikon's new flagship chip? Sony's new camera might be a sign of things to come

Here's another link. http://www.infodigitalcamera.com/blog/342/sony-alpha-high-end-amateur-model/

"nathantw" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By nathantw
Nikon's new flagship chip? Sony's new camera might be a sign of things to come

Here's another link.
http://www.infodigitalcamera.com/blog/342/sony-alpha-high-end-amateur-model/

"nathantw" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By nathantw
Nikon's new flagship chip? Sony's new camera might be a sign of things to come

Apparently Sony is coming out with a new 14.8MP camera soon. Since Nikon
uses Sony's chips could this be the next D3's digital sensor?

Press the link and look for the Sony camera....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 9th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Posted By nathantw
New lower-priced line of Leica 'M' lenses

Actually, a Leica M is all about fast lenses. I'm all about available light,
so the two go hand in hand. Since I actually use Nikon and my Konica Hexar
film cameras and not Leicas I'm a little...
Forum: Darkroom Equipment For Sale March 18th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.marketplace.darkroom
Replies: 0
Posted By nathantw
FA: Omega SCA-100 and MinitMask

For auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-SCA-100-Color-Analyzer-and-MiniMask_W0QQitemZ220093868130QQcategoryZ29987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 11th 07, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
nathantw wrote:
If you get tired of it, give me a shout.
Assumes will...
Forum: Digital Photography March 10th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 56
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

"David Starr" wrote in message
On 9 Mar 2007 03:54:02 -0800, "Scott W" wrote:
At today's...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 10th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

"David Starr" wrote in message
On 9 Mar 2007 03:54:02 -0800, "Scott W" wrote:
At today's...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 10th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 9
Posted By nathantw
making CF lens a CFE lens?

Oh yeah, it doesn't need the shutter speed.

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote in message
nathantw wrote:

Exactly. The CFE lenses were...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment March 9th 07, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 37
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

I just purchased a used Kodak DCS Pro Back Plus at what I thought was a good
price and I had no idea what I was getting into. I figured I'd get one of
those batteries that you use on those old...
Forum: Digital Photography March 9th 07, 05:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 56
Posted By nathantw
Medium format digital is so expensive

I just purchased a used Kodak DCS Pro Back Plus at what I thought was a good
price and I had no idea what I was getting into. I figured I'd get one of
those batteries that you use on those old...
Forum: Digital Photography March 8th 07, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By nathantw
What Do I Do With All This Stuff???

There are numerous companies that will convert your slides and negatives to
dvd. A couple of them are really reasonable. Check out
http://www.photoscanningservice.com/

500 slides scanned for $.39...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 19th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 8
Posted By nathantw
TROLL ALERT: How to take photos of gremlins???

sorry, but the question was just too hard to resist answering.

wrote in message

In article...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment February 19th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format,alt.recipes.babies
Replies: 8
Posted By nathantw
How to take photos of gremlins???

Just leave some food out after midnight. I'm sure you'll see a whole bunch
of them to photograph.

"Don A. Gomez" wrote in message...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 22nd 06, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 24
Posted By nathantw
Hasselblad website full of typos

As it turns out either my email address is blocked at Hasselblad or
and isn't working. I keep
getting my messages bounced, so they'll never know about...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 22nd 06, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 24
Posted By nathantw
Hasselblad website full of typos

See anything missing?

Yes. I gave him some slack. :)

Too kind! :o)

Yikes!
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment October 11th 06, 06:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 15
Posted By nathantw
What? No 400 speed slide film?

"Greg "_"" wrote in message
So,... you didn't bracket either?

Why do you ask? I'm perfect so no, I didn't...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 26th 06, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 7
Posted By nathantw
Leica buys 51% of Sinar

Any idea what camera that is on their home page? There's no mention of it at
all, but it looks like a 'blad but with a Sinar name (and a different
handle).

"AW" wrote in message...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment September 26th 06, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 7
Posted By nathantw
Leica buys 51% of Sinar

Whoa, that's interesting.

What's even more interesting is that M-series Sinar. I must have been living
under a rock because I didn't even know it existed. Since Leica just bought
them out will the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 22nd 06, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 321
Posted By nathantw
Leica M8 - is the lens mount THAT expensive?

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
It has nothing to do with luck, it is all about making and maintaining
relationships with the...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 06, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 281
Posted By nathantw
Leica M8 - is the lens mount THAT expensive?

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
It has nothing to do with luck, it is all about making and maintaining
relationships with the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 21st 06, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 321
Posted By nathantw
Leica M8 - is the lens mount THAT expensive?

"Chris Loffredo" wrote in message
You also can't compare a leica to, say, a Nikon F6; they have totally
different uses.

Uh...you're...
Forum: Digital Photography September 21st 06, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital