Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.92 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Dyer-Bennet
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 13, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
"Mouse overe to see ..." - nothing different.

Eric Stevens writes:

I'm running W7 64 bit on a PC using Firefox.

Several times I've run against articles discussing colour gamuts where
I am told "Mouse over to see...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 13, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Yes, it's that time again, it's new camera time!

Robert Coe writes:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:04:48 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:
: In article , Robert Coe
:...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 13, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Assign or convert profile was ( Wide gamut vs less wide gamut monitors)

On 2013-02-16 17:14:04 -0800, Alfred Molon said:

sniP

I currently like...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 13, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Wide gamut vs less wide gamut monitors

Eric Stevens writes:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 18:01:50 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 13, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Wide gamut vs less wide gamut monitors

Alfred Molon writes:

In article , PeterN
says...
If you do all your shooting in JPEG, then it doesn't matter.

Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 13, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Wide gamut vs less wide gamut monitors

Alfred Molon writes:

In article 2013021615450475249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...
The Lightroom adjusted RAW file (usually imported and converted...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 13, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 93
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Wide gamut vs less wide gamut monitors

Alfred Molon writes:

In article , PeterN
says...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bxSD-Xx-Q

Interesting. Who...
Forum: Digital Photography February 9th 13, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Old external flash OK for digital cam?

nospam writes:

In article , David Dyer-Bennet
wrote:

I have an old external flash, a Sunpak 333D. Used it with my...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 13, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Micro Four Thirds - What to buy?

Eric Stevens writes:

A friend of mine is looking to buy a new camera and has asked for my
comments. I suspect he is mainly interested in a light-weight camera
for...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 13, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Old external flash OK for digital cam?

nospam writes:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

the new ittl is *much* better and far...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 13, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

nospam writes:

In article , David Dyer-Bennet
wrote:

I have an old external flash, a Sunpak 333D. Used it with my old...
Forum: Digital Photography February 6th 13, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote:

I have an old external flash, a Sunpak 333D. Used it with my old...
Forum: Digital Photography February 5th 13, 08:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 33
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Old external flash OK for digital cam?

(Ron) writes:

I have an old external flash, a Sunpak 333D. Used it with my old Nikon
FA but haven't used it on any camera since I went digital. Have heard
that some...
Forum: Digital Photography January 23rd 13, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
JPEG 9 new lossless JPEG standard

ray carter writes:

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:38:21 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:

There is a new lossless JPEG standard released just now:
http://www.infai.org/jpeg

Does...
Forum: Digital Photography January 21st 13, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

On 2013-01-17 08:23:17 -0800, Whisky-dave said:

On Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:05:39 PM UTC, Mr. Strat wrote:
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 13, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

nospam writes:

In article , Kennedy McEwen
wrote:

I'm wondering though, if a weak IR laser would...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 13, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

Kennedy McEwen writes:

In message
,
RichA writes

I'm wondering though,...

On 2013-01-17 09:36:40 -0800, David Dyer-Bennet said:

"Steve B" writes:

"Peter Jason"...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 13, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

nospam writes:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Lots of DSLRs or interchangeable lens...
Forum: Digital Photography January 18th 13, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

Alfred Molon writes:

In article , David Dyer-Bennet says...
Lots of DSLRs or interchangeable lens cameras with tiltable LCD screens
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 13, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

"Steve B" writes:

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Like laser pinpointing on rifles and pistols.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 13, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Alfred Molon writes:

In article , David Dyer-Bennet says...
Well, sure, but...there really aren't any; not something that any
professional...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 13, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Mort writes:

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
Peter Jason writes:

Like laser pinpointing on rifles and pistols.

I need it for shooting from the hip at...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 13, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By David Dyer-Bennet
Does any camera come with a laser pointer?

Alfred Molon writes:

In article , Peter Jason
says...
Like laser pinpointing on rifles and pistols.

I need it for...
Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 13, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

Peter Jason writes:

Like laser pinpointing on rifles and pistols.

I need it for shooting from the hip at weddings
and the like when the exposure is set for
pinpoint.

Well,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125