Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: otzi
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 24th 09, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 14
Posted By otzi
Camera dimension confusion (Rochester Universal 5x7)

I forgot to ask my other question, which is whether anyone can point me to
a reference showing the dimensions of a standard (contemporary) 5x7 film
holder, preferably online...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment March 24th 09, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 14
Posted By otzi
Camera dimension confusion (Rochester Universal 5x7)

I forgot to ask my other question, which is whether anyone can point me to
a reference showing the dimensions of a standard (contemporary) 5x7 film
holder, preferably online...
Forum: In The Darkroom February 17th 09, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 5
Posted By otzi
bonding with your dog

Chain it to your gear bag when under the cloth. Then he can pull the cart.
I actually started off with this idea but gave it up pretty soon as far to
much effort!
otzi

"Lawrence Akutagawa"...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 7th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 19
Posted By otzi
Getting into large format photography

As a university instructor I must disagree -IF the student is assigned
to a large format project which requires camera movements.

I'll leave it at that - self apparent: I...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 5th 08, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 19
Posted By otzi
Getting into large format photography

"John J" wrote in message

What make and model of a large format camera would you recomend for a
young student...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 27th 08, 01:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 8
Posted By otzi
Busch Pressman - how to lube rotating back?

"Stephan Goldstein" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:49:37 -0600, John J wrote:

First,...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 14th 08, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 3
Posted By otzi
Sources for Copal f stop scales?

Ok Erie, Have done / tried that also.

Question, does one place the ruler in front of or behind the lens as one
views the iris through the front at arms length. The ruler markings are
clearer when...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 31st 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By otzi
Getting Started

"McKev (yay!)" wrote in message

wrote in message
Forum: In The Darkroom July 16th 08, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 10
Posted By otzi
Ilford Multigrade IV vs. Kentmere Fineprint?

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
"Keith Tapscott." wrote

(And even easier...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 9th 08, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 17
Posted By otzi
Exposure calculation

Amazing!
Having re-read this post in day time, I now see the question. Bum, My
continual problem with late night web gazing:(
Can I take back my inappropriate response....
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 6th 08, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 17
Posted By otzi
Exposure calculation

I am surprised that no one has responded, yet. I'll be the duffer.

With a flash, a doubling of the distance from flash to subject is a 4 fold
reduction in illumination that's 2 stops. So in the...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 8th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By otzi
Enlarger lens options.

Thanks for all the input folks. I was curious but unconvinced. Just
wondered why so much was invested for so little gain. But these responses
were very encouraging.
Thanks.

"Craig Schroeder"...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 7th 08, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By otzi
Enlarger lens options.

"Peter" wrote in message
On May 7, 5:19 pm, "otzi" wrote:
I am well aware that...
Forum: In The Darkroom May 7th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 22
Posted By otzi
Enlarger lens options.

I am well aware that probably all modern enlarger lenses are pretty good.
The question arises, is the Componon HM series any advantage for black &
white printing
over the Componon -S
I am pretty...
Forum: In The Darkroom March 27th 08, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By otzi
81/4 inch f4.5 Xerox lens mande in England by Rank Taylor Hobson

Would any one know anything about this lens. Is it a portrait lens or as I
suppose a copy machine lens?
I find some of the info I can glean somewhat sketchy.
Forum: In The Darkroom August 27th 07, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 15
Posted By otzi
sharpness & grain

wrote in message
A sturdy tripod is the first step toward maximum sharpness regardless
of shutter speed, format...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 3rd 07, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 41
Posted By otzi
Stand development - Uneven

"jjs" jj.nowhere.universe wrote in message
David Nebenzahl wrote:

It's best to ignore noise sources like jjs. Life's too short.

Well,...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 12th 07, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By otzi
Science at it's best

Gee.... sorry about this, being a comp. clutz I have no idea how this posted
here whilst posting elsewhere. Sorry.

--
Otzi

"otzi" wrote in message...
Forum: In The Darkroom July 12th 07, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By otzi
Science at it's best

Inbteresting

http://libraries.mit.edu:80/archives/exhibits/purse/index.html
--
Otzi
Forum: In The Darkroom July 12th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Interesting
http://libraries.mit.edu:80/archives/exhibits/purse/index.html
--
Otzi
Forum: In The Darkroom July 9th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 84
Posted By otzi
Darkroom Advantage

"Lofty" wrote in message

"Philip Homburg" wrote in message
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 14th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 12
Posted By otzi
Best portrait lens focal length

* the camera-subject distance contributes greatly to the feeling of
intimacy, or lack thereof, in the picture. *

Maybe but also...., For a time I was using on a portraite series, a 180 on a
35mm...
Forum: In The Darkroom April 2nd 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 2
Posted By otzi
((( WARNING ))) Pass it on if you have the courage. ?

Boy, some people talk some ****.

Freedom of speech at times, go too far. Not just this idiot, there are way
too many folk eager to break down offering little in it's place by way of
constructive...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 4th 06, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 32
Posted By otzi
SOAKING NEGS

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:45:33 +1000, "otzi"
wrote:

hi tech...
Forum: In The Darkroom September 1st 06, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 32
Posted By otzi
SOAKING NEGS

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:37:28 +0200, Andrew
Price wrote:

On...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25