Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 1.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Hilton
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 24th 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

On May 24, 7:38?am, Brian wrote:
On 23 May 2007 09:22:39 -0700, Bill Hilton
mentioned:

Couple of other things ... you can bring a 2nd...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 24th 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

On May 24, 7:38?am, Brian wrote:
On 23 May 2007 09:22:39 -0700, Bill Hilton
mentioned:

Couple of other things ... you can bring a 2nd...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 07, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 24
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

On May 24, 7:38?am, Brian wrote:
On 23 May 2007 09:22:39 -0700, Bill Hilton
mentioned:

Couple of other things ... you can bring a 2nd...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 24th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"Mark" wrote:

I'll be in Swaziland, Mozambique and S. Africa... My first purpose for this
trip isn't photography, so some of my opportunities will be far more limited
that yours were, I'm...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 24th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"Mark" wrote:

I'll be in Swaziland, Mozambique and S. Africa... My first purpose for this
trip isn't photography, so some of my opportunities will be far more limited
that yours were, I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 24
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"Mark" wrote:

I'll be in Swaziland, Mozambique and S. Africa... My first purpose for this
trip isn't photography, so some of my opportunities will be far more limited
that yours were, I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography May 24th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 24
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

Hi, Do you suggest a traveler use a photo vest and load it up to lighten the
carry-on bag(s)?

You can do it that way, a lot of photographers take...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 24th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

Hi, Do you suggest a traveler use a photo vest and load it up to lighten the
carry-on bag(s)?

You can do it that way, a lot of photographers take...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 24th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

Hi, Do you suggest a traveler use a photo vest and load it up to lighten the
carry-on bag(s)?

You can do it that way, a lot of photographers take...
Forum: Digital Photography May 23rd 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 24
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"MarkČ" wrote:
I have a question for you regarding over-seas airline travel with the Canon
500 f4.

What carry-on do you use for this lens?

Hi Mark,

As Roger mentioned, the Lowe Pro...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 23rd 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"MarkČ" wrote:
I have a question for you regarding over-seas airline travel with the Canon
500 f4.

What carry-on do you use for this lens?

Hi Mark,

As Roger mentioned, the Lowe Pro...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment May 23rd 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 15
Posted By Bill Hilton
Ping: Roger and Bill Hilton

"MarkČ" wrote:
I have a question for you regarding over-seas airline travel with the Canon
500 f4.

What carry-on do you use for this lens?

Hi Mark,

As Roger mentioned, the Lowe Pro...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 22nd 07, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 121
Posted By Bill Hilton
Canon Just announced the EOS-1D Mark III

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:

110 (!)large fine jpegs...non-stop at 10fps is amazing (30 RAW).
Bill Hilton and Roger (who just returned from Africa) are likely...
Forum: Digital Photography February 22nd 07, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 132
Posted By Bill Hilton
Canon Just announced the EOS-1D Mark III

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote:

110 (!)large fine jpegs...non-stop at 10fps is amazing (30 RAW).
Bill Hilton and Roger (who just returned from Africa) are likely...
Forum: Photographing Nature January 8th 07, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.technique.nature
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Hilton
Essentials for getting 12X18 and higher prints with Canon Rebel DSLR

Tony Graber wrote:

What are is the essential information that one our need in order to be able
to have files large enough? for for getting 12X18 and higher prints with
Canon Rebel...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 07, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

Justin C wrote:

I think yours, David, was the only negative post on the subject. I'm
grateful that you've brought some negatives to light for me.

So 50 positive posts and one negative one...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

acl wrote:

I know for sure there's a Byelorussian (or whatever the correct
spelling is nowadays) 8mm fisheye that needs this and fits Nikons.
... I am
sure there are others, but cannot...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

John McWilliams wrote:

Remote release. If one has steady hands, and presses the shutter
release gently with the camera on a sturdy tripod, where is vibration or
movement introduced such...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

John Bean wrote:

Yes, it can be a big deal when the mirror and lens try to
occupy the same space at the same time. Not all manuals call
it "mirror lockup" either - my Olympus E-1...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

Bill Hilton wrote:

With the Rebel you can set MLU, press the shutter once and the mirror
locks up, then wait before pressing the shutter a 2nd time, which fires
the shot and releases...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

Bill Hilton

Even the cheapest entry level Canon digital Rebel
has MLU

John Bean wrote:

No it does't.

Yes it does. You set it with CF-7 ... I just got thru using it last
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

Too bad no camera I've owned in 38 years of semi-serious photography
(i.e. I'm not counting my Pixie 127 or even my mother's old Bolsey 35, I
don't start the clock...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

David J. Littleboy wrote:

I'd like to see some solid tripod vs. IS comparisons, though.

I did this with the tests I described below, after noticing that
sometimes at higher shutter speeds the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

Jim wrote:

A very good professional nature photographer once remarked that, before IS,
he was lucky to get one good shot per roll of birds in flight. With IS, the
ratio has now improved to...
Forum: Digital Photography January 6th 07, 03:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 106
Posted By Bill Hilton
Image Stabilisation - why?

Justin C wrote:

I keep reading about IS in modern cameras and lenses and people seem to
go on about it as if it's essential. It's not in any camera I have and
it was never in any camera...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125