Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John[_16_]
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 27th 08, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 12
Posted By John[_16_]
Top Photoblogs list

Robert Chin wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
Rotsa ruck (anti-Chinese slur intentional in this...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 27th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By John[_16_]
Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets of 8x10"

Peter wrote:

The Jobo 3005 does 5 at a time. Its not precisely a new idea, but
seems to work fine.

Silly me. The answer was right out there all the time. I will look into
it. Thank you!
Forum: In The Darkroom August 27th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 6
Posted By John[_16_]
Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets of 8x10"

Rolling drum processor for multiple sheets 8x10" ?

Yes, I realize this is late in the history of film and prints, but I
look to this group to set me right. It won't hurt to say something like,...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 27th 08, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 12
Posted By John[_16_]
Top Photoblogs list

Gogon wrote:
There is a cool new Top Photoblogs list. Check it out and add your
link at TopPhotoblogs.net!

http://topphotoblogs.net

REPORTED as SPAM
Forum: In The Darkroom August 20th 08, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By John[_16_]
Has Tri-X been changed again?

Has Tri-X (at least in 35mm) has been changed again?

As an aside, for some time I was confident that Ilford films of a given
name/type were all from the same pot of emulsion, and put to different...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 20th 08, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

Thank you, Richard, for the cogent article. You have added to the body
of knowledge by placing 'the curve', in this case, into something I can
understand.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 20th 08, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

Thank you, Richard, for the cogent article. You have added to the body
of knowledge by placing 'the curve', in this case, into something I can
understand.
Forum: In The Darkroom August 14th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 2
Posted By John[_16_]
Inefficient light source for multi-contrast B&W?

Have not yet purchased a light source for the 8x10" enlarger.

I have one nagging question. I think, but I am not sure, that I read
that due to their color spectrum some light sources are...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 12th 08, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
John wrote:
Jean-David Beyer wrote:

I thought they did make a better B&W T-Grain film. It TMax films are both
sharper, finer-grained, and have a straighter D/H...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 12th 08, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
John wrote:
Jean-David Beyer wrote:

I thought they did make a better B&W T-Grain film. It TMax films are both
sharper, finer-grained, and have a straighter D/H...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 12th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

I thought they did make a better B&W T-Grain film. It TMax films are both
sharper, finer-grained, and have a straighter D/H curve than any I have ever
used in sheet...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 12th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

I thought they did make a better B&W T-Grain film. It TMax films are both
sharper, finer-grained, and have a straighter D/H curve than any I have ever
used in sheet...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 11th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
John wrote:
One thing that nudged me to question a pure economic motive comes from
having my butt kicked for having suggested that Kodak's move to T-Grain
Forum: In The Darkroom August 11th 08, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
John wrote:
One thing that nudged me to question a pure economic motive comes from
having my butt kicked for having suggested that Kodak's move to T-Grain
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 11th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"John" wrote

People jumped out of the woodwork screaming that Kodak wasn't trying to
save money [with TMax], but just making the film...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 11th 08, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"John" wrote

People jumped out of the woodwork screaming that Kodak wasn't trying to
save money [with TMax], but just making the film...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 11th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Replies: 1
Posted By John[_16_]
Saltzman update - Nhoj

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
John, on an non-economic note, we haven't heard anything
on the Saltzman saga. How is it coming along?

All I need now is a light source. I balked at the prices and I...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 11th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"John"

A regurgitation of how economics works is not an explanation of what might
actually be happening now.

If it isn't economics, what...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 11th 08, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
"John"

A regurgitation of how economics works is not an explanation of what might
actually be happening now.

If it isn't economics, what...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 11th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

A nregurgitation of how economics works is not an explanation of what
might actually be happening now.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 11th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

A nregurgitation of how economics works is not an explanation of what
might actually be happening now.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 10th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs
Replies: 34
Posted By John[_16_]
New Freestyle Premium film ID?

wrote:
Has anyone tried this yet? There has been conjecture that it is
Tri-X, re-spooled by Freestyle. I'm about due for some freezer
filling on a group bulk order and...
Forum: In The Darkroom August 10th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.film+labs

wrote:
Has anyone tried this yet? There has been conjecture that it is
Tri-X, re-spooled by Freestyle. I'm about due for some freezer
filling on a group bulk order and...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 9th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 10
Posted By John[_16_]
FLASH METER IV

http://www.cameramanuals.org/minolta_pdf/minolta_flash_meter_iv_inst.pdf

One battery powers the meter and the other powers the optional IR
transmitter feature. The later battery is optional....
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 9th 08, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 10
Posted By John[_16_]
FLASH METER IV

MY ERROR