Showing results 1 to 25 of 83
Search took 0.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Forum: Digital Photography December 3rd 12, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 455
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Savageduck wrote:
My point in at least one of my responses was, there are many of us who
shoot RAW only, and very seldom...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 16th 12, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 21
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Photowalk

tony cooper wrote:
There wasn't a Photo Walk anywhere near me, so I did a Solo Walk in
Sanford, Florida. Just so happened that there was a huge biker event
in...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 28th 12, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 11
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Dpreview's Nikon D300 forum dead as a door nail

Rich wrote:
The only way that would happen is with a radically new body or something
crazy, like a 40mp DX sensor. Maybe I'm thinking small, but what can
they do with a DX...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 24th 12, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Nikon 70-300 VR lens

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Except in this case the OP explicitly specified the
need for VR and fast AF. I thought it was going a bit
out on a limb to talk about the 80-400mm,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 23rd 12, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 43
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Nikon 70-300 VR lens

Bruce wrote:
The 70-300mm G VR is OK but it is not a great lens. My advice would
be - if possible - to wait for the AF-S 70-200mm f/4G VR which has
been promised for...
Forum: Digital Photography April 20th 12, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 226
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Sony to ax 10,000 jobs in turnaround bid: Nikkei - (via Reuters)

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems David J. Littleboy wrote:
Flash memory continues to push the write limit. "Wear leveling" spreads
out the effect as well.

On the contrary,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 19th 12, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 45
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Nikon entry level D3200 with 24 Mpix sensor announced

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bruce wrote:
It does make me wonder what the replacements for the D5100/7000/300s
will look like. Specifically, what sensor(s) will they...
Forum: Digital Photography January 9th 12, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Traditions die hard...

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems tony cooper wrote:
I didn't submit to "Traditions" because our family has no traditions
to photograph other than family gatherings. ...
Forum: Digital Photography January 7th 12, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Traditions die hard...

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Alan Browne wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/140766164
Come To Jesus!

He's the reason for the season!

*snicker*

Forum: Digital Photography December 21st 11, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 240
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
an excellent read from the ACLU

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems PeterN wrote:
Which is as it should be here. thee is something wrong when I can
purchase my pharmaceuticals in Canada, paying full...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 1st 11, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 58
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
EOS-1D X Canon Press Release

tony cooper wrote:
And, if you go to Versailles, Indiana, be prepared to hear it
pronounced as "Ver-sales" and not "Ver-sigh".

Ah, Versailles, just down the road from...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 29th 11, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 6
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Don't forget the killer Bs; due October 9th, 2011

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems John A. wrote:
blackbird and a butterfly. Critiquing these crapshots is pointless, but
if anyone is up for my challenge to write the most...
Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 11, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 139
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Paul Furman wrote:
Stuffed Crust wrote:
and my favorite was technically awful.

Didn't stop me ;-)

Okay, okay...

Forum: Digital Photography September 19th 11, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 139
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Frank S wrote:
From the photographer's viewpoint, it's kind of unimportant to me what a
critical viewer thinks about the technical...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 15th 11, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

ASCII wrote:

- Solomon [bug bites from a trip two weeks ago are still healing..]

Spanish Moss, Cypress knees, Palmettos, all so familiar to myself from days
spent in...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 11, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 139
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Robert Coe wrote:
Yeah, where the hell you been? You've submitted some really good stuff over
the years.

It's been a dry spell for me,...
Forum: Digital Photography September 15th 11, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 139
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser wrote:
And I need to get down to Charlie and Jakes more often.

I haven't been in a long time. Is it still there?

It was the last...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 15th 11, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser wrote:
And I need to get down to Charlie and Jakes more often.

I haven't been in a long time. Is it still there?

It was the last...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 15th 11, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 0
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Bowser wrote:
And I need to get down to Charlie and Jakes more often.

I haven't been in a long time. Is it still there?

It was the last...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 15th 11, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 2
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Peter Chant wrote:
I have to fess up, I shot the photos within the period of the mandate but
only noticed the mandate after taking...
Forum: Digital Photography September 14th 11, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 139
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Dusk or Dawn is available mid day!

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm Bowser wrote:
The Dusk or Dawn gallery is posted, and it's a very healthy gallery,
too. Some nice shots in there. Take a look, and offer a...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 8th 11, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm tony cooper wrote:
How about "Weapons"? We have enough people in these groups with an
interest in weapons that "Weapons" could make a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 8th 11, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
[SI] Hands & Feet is posted! Comments

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems tony cooper wrote:
Have we stopped commenting on the SI submissions, or are the results
of this mandate just uninteresting to the...
Forum: Digital Photography February 4th 11, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
Sigma forced to admit lens is grossly overpriced

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Rich wrote:
Pentax (Tokina) 50-135mm f2.8 was a decent lens for about the
$800.00. It even beat (at 50mm) Pentax's older 50mm prime. ...
Forum: Digital Photography December 2nd 10, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Stuffed Crust[_2_]
The de-liberalization of photography

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems tony cooper wrote:
I don't know how it works in California, but we have "Amendments"
instead of "Propositions" in Florida. The...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 83