Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sylvia Else
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 29th 09, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.tv,aus.politics
Replies: 5
Posted By Sylvia Else
Disrespect for the fallen

Hunter wrote:
Sylvia Else wrote:
Hunter wrote:

So if someone runs up to you and starts beating the crap out of you
and tries to take everything you own we should all think before we...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 18th 09, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.tv,aus.politics
Replies: 2
Posted By Sylvia Else
Disrespect for the fallen

Coach wrote:
On Nov 18, 10:50 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Seen on Twitter
This person has become a finalist in some photo competition and is...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 18th 09, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.tv,aus.politics
Replies: 5
Posted By Sylvia Else
Disrespect for the fallen

Hunter wrote:
Coach wrote:
On Nov 11, 10:48 am, noauth wrote:
Seen on Twitter

This person has become a finalist in some photo competition and is
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment November 18th 09, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.tv,aus.politics
Replies: 2
Posted By Sylvia Else
Disrespect for the fallen

Anonymous wrote:
Seen on Twitter

This person has become a finalist in some photo competition and is calling on everyone she knows to vote for her.

Forum: Digital Photography January 17th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,nz.general,aus.aviation
Replies: 710
Posted By Sylvia Else
Digital Photography On Aircraft Not Permitted on Take Off orLanding

Podge wrote:
I was on an Air New Zealand flight a while ago, and I started to take a
few pics (from my digital still camera) as the aircraft took off. An air
hostess politely told me that the...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 07, 09:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Otter wrote:

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message

Otter wrote:

"drwxr--r--" ...
Forum: Digital Photography January 2nd 07, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Otter wrote:

"drwxr--r--" wrote in message

Please God, let this thread die!

There are no...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 07, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

J. Clarke wrote:
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:47:59 +1100, Sylvia Else wrote:

Bryan Olson wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:
[...]
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 07, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Bryan Olson wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Bryan Olson wrote:

[... big snip of everyone...]

If I'm "detained", I could bring a case in civil court. I can argue
to the jury that...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 07, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Bryan Olson wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Bryan Olson wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:
[...]

NSW has the LAW ENFORCEMENT (POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES) ACT 2002
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Jeffrey wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Jeffrey wrote:

No, you moronic twit, I was not arrested. I was detained and then
released. I, and most of those with me, protested at being...
Forum: Digital Photography January 1st 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Bryan Olson wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:
[...]

NSW has the LAW ENFORCEMENT (POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES) ACT 2002

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/leara2002451/

Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 06, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal

Jeffrey wrote:

No, you moronic twit, I was not arrested. I was detained and then
released. I, and most of those with me, protested at being arrested and
was assured that we were *NOT* under...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 06, 08:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Jeffrey wrote:

Otter wrote:

precific?

legislation enabling authority figures to make such a demand, backed
by legal sanction, people are free to choose whether to carry ID...
Forum: Digital Photography December 31st 06, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Salty wrote:

Not so.

In Oz, you have to identify yourself (give your name) if requested by
Police. You do not have to carry any specific form of identification.

If you refuse the...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Ron Hunter wrote:

It is often up to a judge to decide that, long after one has been
detained for hours (or longer). Is it worth it?

Some of us take a sufficiently robust view of our civil...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Ron Hunter wrote:

GB wrote:

"Charles L" wrote in
:

Ha ha ha! This story is a load of crap. The...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Ron Hunter wrote:

Otter wrote:

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message

Otter wrote:

"Ron Hunter"...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 08:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Ron Hunter wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal

Ron Hunter wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Otter wrote:

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message

Ron...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Ron Hunter wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote:

In the US, you can carry id, or not. Just be ready to be
inconvenienced should you run afoul of any of 1000's of...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal

Otter wrote:

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message

Ron Hunter wrote:

In the US, you can carry id, or...
Forum: Digital Photography December 30th 06, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal

Ron Hunter wrote:

In the US, you can carry id, or not. Just be ready to be inconvenienced
should you run afoul of any of 1000's of situations where you might be
required to identify...
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 06, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal
Replies: 189
Posted By Sylvia Else
taking picture of police car

Ron Hunter wrote:

Sylvia Else wrote:

Can you cite the relevant law that gives them this power?

As far as I am aware, I am not oblidged to carry ID with me, or even
to possess such...
Forum: Digital Photography December 29th 06, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.legal

Otter wrote:

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

The cop was out of line for demanding...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27