Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.77 seconds.
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 11th 07, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
New Portraits - 135 mm f/2 + 5D

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I think I was a little out of my
element with the posing, and making Debby nervous. She doesn't like
many of them, either, and wants to reshoot some of them. She had...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 9th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
New Portraits - 135 mm f/2 + 5D

Deb is a close friend of mine, and has been giving me a lot of tips
and advice on how to pose models. I've always been much better at
candid photography, so this is a leaning...
Forum: Digital Photography April 2nd 07, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Pacific Northwest waterfall near Denny Creek

I went hiking with some family earlier today, and we brought an old
bassethound, so we stuck to easy trails. The one to Talapus Lake is a
pretty gentle uphill, so everybody could manage pretty well....
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 29th 07, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
What camera or lens do you wish you still had?

I really wish I had a 400/4 IS. I've got a 300/4, and ideally would
like something more like 500 mm, but I'd also like to be able to carry
it on hikes. I have the 300/4 and a great deal of luck to...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 27th 07, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
5D Example

The shots in that sequence have all been cropped and resized to 2100 x
1500 for family to print at 5x7. Click on "High Res" to see the full 5x7
crop. They aren't masterworks, but I was very ...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 27th 07, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Canon 16-35mm F2.8

Is Canon releasing a replacement to the 16-35 2.8?
Same specs but possibly different glass, blades, etc?
Any ideas?

Hopefully the new one is a little sharper. The old one has...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 07, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Is anyone using 2 monitors for photo work?

If so, which video card are you using to drive them? Is it possible,
with PS or other program to have the photo alone on one monitor and
the program controls on the other?
Thanks!

Mine's an...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 07, 07:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Photosig

Occasionally I get some really good feedback, although it's kind of
rare anymore on PhotoSig. But there are some truly inspiring photos,
and giving critiques on other people's photos, thinking about...
Forum: Digital Photography March 26th 07, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
howto get thumbnail from EXIF

I could tell you if you were working in C#, but...

Did you look through the documentation for the exif format? It's
pretty horrid stuff to try to follow, but might have what you need.
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 07, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Snow/rain on the lens and weather sealing

I've had a lot of digital cameras out in pretty rough weather, and
it's never given me any trouble. It seems like now that megapixels
are starting to level off a bit manufacturers are using...
Forum: Digital Photography March 12th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
SPREADING WIDE FOR THE 20D !

Wow!! I didn't know they trained birds on the NY subways?
Forum: Digital Photography March 4th 07, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Seattle Skyline from Pier 66

I shot this a few hours ago; I've been trying my hand at "HDR" in
Photoshop. I need a lot of practice ( or to just give up ), because
this doesn't look completely natural. But the way the...
Forum: Digital Photography March 1st 07, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
computer projectors for photography

This is good to know - I've been wanting a projector for years, but
have focused on other things lately ... it sounds like they're
starting to work pretty well for photography? At least the good...
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 07, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
9 min exposure - star trails in Zion Nat'l Park

Winter in Seattle is making me feel a bit nostalgic, so I've been
going through these old photos of mine from a two month road trip I
took a few years ago. It might be time for another one this...
Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 07, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The 5D is incredible at 3200 ASA

Sorry for taking so long to get back, work demanded an unusual amount
of time this past week and I just haven't had any to myself.

I got out an old laptop I haven't used in a year or more, with IE...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 07, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
The 5D is incredible at 3200 ASA

I really could have used 1600, or even 1250 for this shot, but it had
been raining, the clouds were dark, and there just wasn't much light
to work with. I had the lens wide open ( f/4 ) and the ASA...
Forum: Digital Photography February 15th 07, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Free Website Designing solution.

Speaking of free web design, Open Source Web Design ( http://www.oswd.org/
) has thousands of free templates that are easy to update, some of
them quite beautiful, and the price is right. They don't...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 15th 07, 10:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Lions Gate Bridge - 50/1.4 on a 5D

I went up to Vancouver for Christmas, and need to get back up there
soon, but Stanley Park was in pretty bad shape from the wind storms.
( The NYT says 10,000 trees were blown over. ) The shore was...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 8th 07, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Sigma 15-30 EX on Full Frame (5D)

The thing vignettes a lot, and it's got some issues with flare, but
that's something you really can't avoid at such extremely wide
angles. It ALSO doesn't take filters ( except rear gel ones ); ...
Forum: Digital Photography February 8th 07, 07:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
how to take night photos with canon sd600?

writes:
I don't intend to carry around a tripod, is
there any way i can take good night shots?

No.

If you're wanting to get pictures of people who aren't too...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Is a UV filter still needed on a digital lens?

I have always in the past thrown on a UV filter to protect my lens and
eliminate haze. I recently transitioned to a digital SLR and was about to
order a lens that I will need to get new...
Forum: Digital Photography January 12th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Electronics replacing mechanical parts

Any thoughts ?

If light is ALWAYS falling on the sensor pixels, you'll probably wear
out the dye in the CFA faster. By how much I don't know ... it might
still last longer than the technology...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Photoshop XMP files -do I need them?

you you work with the file again, ACR will remember the settings you set
previously so you don't have to reset them. I always delete mine just to
free up space.

Settings like white balance...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 821
Posted By [email protected]
Are IS lenses doomed ?

because in-camera IS would /eventually/ kill off their market for IS
lenses, but a huge number of photographers (including myself) would
consider in-camera IS on Canon DSLRs to be a godsend, &...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 11th 07, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Portrait with 5D + 135 mm f/2

I also particularly liked this one:
http://forrestcroce.com/Photos/LesliWithHummingbirdMoth.html
How big a burst did you have to shoot to get that one? ;)

That was a "hail mary pass." A...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37