Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MangroveRoot
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 15th 08, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 17
Posted By MangroveRoot
Exposure calculation

Howard Lester wrote:

Oh yeah - extension tubes. I forgot about those things. ;-) Extension
tubes serve the same purpose as a bellows, so it IS effectively the same
thing: they/it push...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 9th 08, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 17
Posted By MangroveRoot
Exposure calculation

Howard Lester wrote:
"MangroveRoot" wrote

Would I be right in the belief that this question, and the solutions to
it,
would be applicable to formats other than "large",
should one...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 6th 08, 06:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 17
Posted By MangroveRoot
Enlarger Bellows Rebuild - modern tricks?

Pico wrote:
(. . .) I haven't found any that was the same as the stuff we used in the
early Seventies. This is not a case of selective memory. The original stuff
could be folded over on...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 6th 08, 06:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 17
Posted By MangroveRoot
Exposure calculation

Max Perl wrote:
When you use a view camera for macro work you have long extention on the
bellows. You then need to compensate for the lost light to calculate a
proper exposure. Does...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 9th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 4
Posted By MangroveRoot
Correcting Photographs of Paintings with Gimp

Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

Well, if you used a large format camera then getting the camera
parallel to the artwork is a lot easier and you wouldn't have to
use Gimp[??].
(. . .)
Even...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment September 9th 07, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 12
Posted By MangroveRoot
Best portrait lens focal length

Jean-David Beyer wrote:
You can
try the others, too, but you will probably not like what 19th century
photographers called "the drawing."

Okay, I'll bite:
What was it that 19th century...
Forum: Medium Format Photography Equipment June 18th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Replies: 4
Posted By MangroveRoot
120 vs 220

Total newbie to medium format, with a newly-acquired used Mamiya m645 (J?).

Apparently it has cassettes or cartridge that allow it to take "120" or "220" format.
But ... How are they different?
Are...
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7