Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: murrayatuptowngallery
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 16th 07, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

The iris I put in was Surplus Shed's PM1002. My memory was wrong on
the size. This is the 1.5 mm - 27 mm iris.

Murray
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 15th 07, 07:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

New iris mechanism:
http://www.f295.org/DIYforum/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl/Blah.pl?b-len/m-1194995957/

I have an idea for a shutter. I can make a blade that works in a half-
slot at the back end of the...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 8th 07, 08:01 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 21
MicroPress 4x5 question

Flat lens boards on Graphics

I don't know if the flat board versions on the Graphics (Graphic View,
Mini Speed, etc), or even my Busch Pressman C have different front
standard light baffling than...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 7th 07, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

No name on shutter, just lens cells.

I removed the remainder of the linkages inside and left external
things on for cosmetic appeal (air cylinders & a nickel plated plate
with arrow that I can't get...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 24th 07, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

Seems that the old shutter blades and iris diaphragm were removed. The
shutter lever release was still banging around at the top because it
was captive by virtue of a swaged in pin that prevented...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 23rd 07, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

It arrived today.

I learned it has a Waterhouse slot, 2 air cylinders and springs that
look as modern as any (I guess I never really thought about helical
tension springs looking the same).

Number...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 23rd 07, 06:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 8
G-Claron single cell use

Thanks, all.

Yes, the notorious vaporware field corrector - I have even heard of
it's non-existence, at least in this plane...

Murray
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 21st 07, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 8
G-Claron single cell use

I just read a 10 year old post about using a G-Claron as a 'pseudo-
convertible' by using one cell; performance would probably be better
than 'vintage' convertibles.

I had previously wondered about...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 21st 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

I couldn't tell from the photo what the scales say, so when I get it
I'll learn more. It has one scale that looked like shutter speeds, one
that looked like maybe US stops and a third that said...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment October 21st 07, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A.

Hello:

I just picked up a Gundlach 5x7 Rapid Symmetrical W.A. lens, roughly
8" f.l. (don't have it in my hands yet).

The Rapid/Symmetrical names sound like a Rapid Rectilinear type, then
I read...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment June 1st 07, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Wray Special Copy Lens 5" f/4-16

Got an answer elsewhere (Lens Vade Mecum).

M = 0.05 (1/20 reductions for pcb and IC lithography (optical))

So, any potential for reversed orientation use?
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment May 31st 07, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Wray Special Copy Lens 5" f/4-16

One more thing -

pgsys.com has one listed as a 'true macro lens'.

Not sure what would make it different than a process lens for the
1:3-5 to 3-5:1 range, except that's it's faster than typical...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment May 31st 07, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Wray Special Copy Lens 5" f/4-16

From a copy camera, estimated 4 pound weight.

Seller said it was used for integrated circuit lithography.

Seems unusually large/heavy when one considers a Polaroid Tominon f/
4.5 127 mm is about...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 26th 07, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 18
ebay wonders

1) DAGOR77: Jim is traveling at the end of April per earlier auctions
in the month. Another seller, maybe Dr. Tooth? actually admitted to
emulating DAGOR77's writing style, but while he has some nice...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment April 24th 07, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 18
ebay wonders

Some of the LF lens descriptions on eBay are just despicable right
now.

I saw a Fluoro Ektar the other day, about 111 mm, claiming since the
only xrays negs seller has seen are about11x14 it should...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 19th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Ilford Ilfochrome 6x6 filter set

They are marked with CP numbers. Found Kodak document indicating CC
(color correction) and CP (color printiing) are essentially the same
except CP are acetate and not as distortion free-not...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment February 19th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
G-Claron 150 lens barrel leftovers?

I got a 135 Componon barrel - much nicer iris (16 blades vs. 5)
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 3rd 07, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Ilford Ilfochrome 6x6 filter set

ugh, such typing skills...

I was trying to say 'cut them down' to fit 3"x3" holders.
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 3rd 07, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 2
Ilford Ilfochrome 6x6 filter set

Does anyone still use these? I got a set in a bundled purchase & was
debating down down as 'gels' becasue I personally don't see much
activity on the auction site for them. I thought I better make...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment January 3rd 07, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 1
G-Claron 150 lens barrel leftovers?

Does anyone have a Schneider G-Claron iris/body left over after putting
the cells into a shutter?

I have one & found I have some spare Rodenstock Ysarex 127 front cells
(negative) that fit. I am...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment December 31st 06, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 27
morse contact printers

So what ever happened to the house-cleaning that initiated this thread?
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 26th 06, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 4
Schneider Xenar selling price

A 135/4.7 Xenar in Compur shutter just went on e### for $160.50,
complete with glowing reports of unused appearance & minty fresh breath
and a set of Series VI filters that will only fit with an...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 26th 06, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 11
Anyone know how to adjust a synchro compur?

Mine was too screwed up so I DID send it out (needed repair too).

If you haven't yet, do some research on Compur & dry or oil. If it's
not a lubed shutter, you may only be temporarily fixing...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment November 24th 06, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 4
Schneider Xenar

If you're selling it, it's partly market-driven.

Stopping down significantly on a Tessar is a known issue, except among
people who don't know. There are frequent inquiries about soft corners
from...
Forum: Large Format Photography Equipment August 30th 06, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Replies: 15
Source for lens shims?

Shoot from the keyboard, huh?

For shims, www.phoenixspecialty.com looks friendly.