Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jhthurman
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 18th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By jhthurman
Nikon Speedlight SB-600 vs SB-800

As noted earlier, it all depends on how you intend to use flash.

Nikon has gone to a lot of trouble to come up with what they call the
"Creative Lighting System" (CLS)which essentially lets the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 17th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 98
Posted By jhthurman
Europe sucks for prices

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the higher prices somehow include some
hidden taxes to help pay for all the social programs in European countries.
Wouldn't be the first time governments pulled...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 12th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 7
Posted By jhthurman
Lightroom- Applying a preset to multiple photos in one click

RTFM....or go buy one of the excellent after-market books like Scott Kelby's
LightRoom book.

"John McWilliams" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras May 3rd 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 10
Posted By jhthurman
Photoshop CS3 and Nikon Capture NX

Keep checking the Adobe site for "Camera RAW" updates. They regularly update
support for new cameras, so I suspect they'll have D40x support shortly.
Until then, you may be able to find another...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras March 9th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By jhthurman
Camera suggestions

You might also want to check out the new Nikon P5000:
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25565

"BH" wrote in message...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras March 9th 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 2
Posted By jhthurman
semi pro cameras

Cheek out the new Nikon P5000:
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25565

or the Canon PowerShot G7:...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras March 8th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 3
Posted By jhthurman
Ultra Compact

I have an SD600 I carry with me everywhere. The advantage of this camera is
it's very small and easy to carry, but delivers good results. If on a trip,
I always carry an extra fully charged battery...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras March 5th 07, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 36
Posted By jhthurman
Setting color profile in camera??

This seems to be an age-old issue, almost religious to some folks. As
another poster noted, if you just shoot RAW, you can re-assign color spaces,
depending on the use you put the image to. There...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 6th 07, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By jhthurman
long-time Nikon F2AS user -- which SRL digital is best?

Hank has a good point: to a great degree, the camera doesn't matter...it's
the skill and imagination of the photographer that makes the difference! A
better camera will just make it easier to take...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 6th 07, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 23
Posted By jhthurman
long-time Nikon F2AS user -- which SRL digital is best?

If you're used to an F2AS, do yourself a favor and get the D200 with, maybe,
the 18-200mm AFS VR or the 12-24mm wide zoom. You'll have a camera much more
like what you're used to and it will make...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 30th 06, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 28
Posted By jhthurman
Couldn't help it - sorry Canon

Welcome to the fold...you'll love using your new D80.

One recommendation is to try out (if you can find it) the excellent 18-200mm
VR. I bought one for my D200 and it almost never leaves the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 19th 06, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Posted By jhthurman
Hard-shell fitted cases ?

I use a Pelican 1450 case for my D200 w/18-200 lens. The foam insert allows
you to custom fit the camera to the case, and the case itself is very
durable and waterproof.

"Geoff"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 31st 06, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 22
Posted By jhthurman
New Sigma DSLR coming

I assume this group is interested in making pictures, not focusing on the
religion and politics of camera manufacturers and marketing imperatives.

Well, I went out to Steve's and looked at the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 30th 06, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 17
Posted By jhthurman
D200 plus AF-S Nikkor ED 300mm f/2.8 DII IF

Many people keep a UV or "Skylight" filter on their lenses to protect them
from accidental damage. It's much cheaper to replace a filter than a lens,
should something come in contact with, and...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14