Showing results 1 to 25 of 104
Search took 0.20 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eric Miller
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment February 5th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 71
Posted By Eric Miller
Least useful accessory products for photography.

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

There are many, of course, but what are the photography products you
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 5th 09, 11:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 71
Posted By Eric Miller
Least useful accessory products for photography.

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

There are many, of course, but what are the photography products you
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment January 16th 09, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 17
Posted By Eric Miller
Photoshop problem - huge "stepped" panos

I haven't really had time to do that but I plan to give the GIMP a shot at
the editing over the weekend. Nevertheless, I would still like to find out
if there is something I can do to help...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 09, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 17
Posted By Eric Miller
Photoshop problem - huge "stepped" panos

I haven't really had time to do that but I plan to give the GIMP a shot at
the editing over the weekend. Nevertheless, I would still like to find out
if there is something I can do to help...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 7th 08, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 8
Posted By Eric Miller
Pixels, schmixels, and aspect ratios

There is no "standard" aspect ratio in photography.

But if there WERE to be one it should be:

SQRT(2):1 so that enlargements would fit ISO 216 "A" paper sizes.

Sure - and you...
Forum: Digital Photography October 23rd 08, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Eric Miller
Photoshop question

wrote in message

I've got a photo that needs Photoshopping. I have CS2.

It's a big panorama. The center portion needs contrast...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment October 22nd 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 1
Posted By Eric Miller
Is this where "movie mode" is taking DSLRs?

I had missed the announcement of the Casio Exilim EX-FH20 when responding to
the thread announcing the online video from the 5D Mk II a few weeks back.
Here is a quote from the DPReview...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 26th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Eric Miller
5DII video now up!

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
["Followup-To:" header *again* set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
Eric...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 26th 08, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Eric Miller
5DII video now up!

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
["Followup-To:" header *again* set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
Eric...
Forum: Digital Photography September 25th 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 39
Posted By Eric Miller
Infrared photography

"DaveC" wrote in message
I want to photograph and video in infrared mode.

I understand that some...
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras September 25th 08, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 38
Posted By Eric Miller
Infrared photography

"DaveC" wrote in message
I want to photograph and video in infrared mode.

I understand that some...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 24th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Eric Miller
5DII video now up!

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
Eric Miller...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 24th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Eric Miller
5DII video now up!

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
Eric Miller...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 24th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Eric Miller
5DII video now up!

You're mistaken in that they "can just shoot video and capture
the stills they need". Even in the movie industry the still
photographer is still a must: moved images don't have or need
the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras September 24th 08, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 14
Posted By Eric Miller
5DII video now up!

You're mistaken in that they "can just shoot video and capture
the stills they need". Even in the movie industry the still
photographer is still a must: moved images don't have or need
the...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 11th 08, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Eric Miller
Sun glasses with an SLR + polarizing filter

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Eric Miller wrote:

Yes, I used to have that problem. The answer is...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 11th 08, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Eric Miller
Sun glasses with an SLR + polarizing filter

I have gotten so use to being able to take off my glasses and see
really well up close that I don't think I would do well with Lasik.
Just wearing contact lenses gives me a good clue as to what...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 9th 08, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 4
Posted By Eric Miller
Sun glasses with an SLR + polarizing filter

"Scott W" wrote in message
I have polarizing sunglasses, which are very nice for most things.
But when...
Forum: Digital Photography August 27th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 42
Posted By Eric Miller
[PICS] frustration of hummingbirds

"jimkramer" wrote in message

I put up two feeders and am now going through just over a gallon of sugar
water...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 27th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"jimkramer" wrote in message

I put up two feeders and am now going through just over a gallon of sugar
water...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 27th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47

"jimkramer" wrote in message

I put up two feeders and am now going through just over a gallon of sugar
water...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 27th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By Eric Miller
[PICS] frustration of hummingbirds

"Russell D." wrote in message
Eric Miller wrote:

directions leading away from the subject, such as the Westcott Micro
Apollo
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras August 27th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Russell D." wrote in message
Eric Miller wrote:

directions leading away from the subject, such as the Westcott Micro
Apollo
Forum: Digital Photography August 27th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Russell D." wrote in message
Eric Miller wrote:

directions leading away from the subject, such as the Westcott Micro
Apollo
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment August 27th 08, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 47
Posted By Eric Miller
[PICS] frustration of hummingbirds

"jimkramer" wrote in message
Welcome to the frustrating world of photographing hummingbirds.

Showing results 1 to 25 of 104