Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peabody[_3_]
Forum: Digital Photography July 13th 17, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
History channel investigating Earhart photograph

Davoud says...
Peabody:
The History Channel has announced they are investigating this:

Same "history" channel that periodically "investigates" the Yeti and
the techniques that...
Forum: Digital Photography July 13th 17, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
History channel investigating Earhart photograph

A recent Amelia Earhart documentary was based largely on a photograph
purportedly showing Earhart and Noonan on dock after they were "rescued" by
the Japanese military. Now it appears the photo...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 16, 04:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Slower Tri-X?

Peter Irwin says...

On a guess-focus medium format camera, small f-stops are
your friends. Even if your lens has f/5.6 available it
is very difficult in general to guess the distance well
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 16, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Slower Tri-X?

Savageduck says...

A good place to start would be B&H and I would look at:
Ilford Delta 100
Ilford FP4 (ISO 125)
Ilford Pan F Plus (ISO 50)
Fujifilm Neopan 100 Acros

All of those...
Forum: Digital Photography July 22nd 16, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Slower Tri-X?

Ok, not digital, but many here will know.

I want to try out an old film camera that shoots 120 rolls. No, actually
620, so I will have to re-spool. Anyway, the camera's fastest shutter speed
is...
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 14, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 34
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Micro-four-thirds experiences?

David Taylor says...

I recall that someone here has recently either started
to make use of, or gone significantly over to,
Micro-four-thirds. I would be interested in hearing any
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 14, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
GoPro lens - could it have been rectilinear?

I don't have one myself, but every video I've seen from a GoPro has used a
wide-angle lens that is moderately fisheye - meaning that the horizon and
other straight lines bend unless they go through...
Forum: Digital Photography December 18th 13, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Need advice on backgrounds

I've been shooting pics for family, friends and neighbors, and it seems that
finding the right place can be a real stumbling block since I've been working
without a backdrop. I'd like to get...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 13, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Need a cheap backrop kit

Savageduck says...

That depends on what you call inexpensive. B&H has some
options. I think gray might be tough to work with.

Something like this is what I had in...
Forum: Digital Photography October 30th 13, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Need a cheap backrop kit

I'm up to three flashes with umbrellas, and it all works pretty well. But
I'm limited in where I can shoot, and would like to get a backdrop. I'd like
to find something that's portable, so long...
Forum: Digital Photography October 15th 13, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Is there a Canon P&S without iris or ND filter?

I'm working on a general use CHDK script, and have made provisions for Canon
Powershots that have iris only, ND filter only, and the higher-end cameras
with both. But I wonder if I need to provide...
Forum: Digital Photography September 11th 13, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Using filters with Tri-X

Thanks very much for the responses.

I have two filters with the camera, the 23A light red that I mentioned
before, and a K2 yellow. The sources I've found are pretty consistent about
the K2 being...
Forum: Digital Photography September 11th 13, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Using filters with Tri-X

I know it says rec.photo.digital, but the experts here will know.

I have an old 6x9 medium format camera, along with a Wratten 23A filter,
which is kinda light red, and I'm going to shoot a roll of...
Forum: Digital Photography June 13th 13, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Micro-budget boom arm?

I need to find an inexpensive way to mount a hair/rim light high above in
back. I currently use a speedlight taped to a PVC stand thingy, but it's
not stable or adjustable, is white, and doesn't...
Forum: Digital Photography April 22nd 13, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 26
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Digital twin lens reflex.

James Silverton says...
I enjoyed playing with a friend's much prized Rolleiflex film camera. Do
digital versions exist for cameras of this class? I was not able to
search one out.

Maybe you...
Forum: Digital Photography April 16th 13, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Umbrella advice

I currently have one 43" shoot-through umbrella that works quite well for
most things. But the light tends to go everywhere, and sometimes flagging
just doesn't work well enough. So I thought it...
Forum: Digital Photography April 4th 13, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
How to photograph an oil painting

Jennifer Murphy says...

OK, I think I sorta understand. What matters is the
total number of pixels (X x Y). That's the raw data. If
I have 3000x3000 pixels, I can have a a 10"x10" print at
Forum: Digital Photography April 3rd 13, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
How to photograph an oil painting

Jennifer Murphy says...

I have been assured by the printer people that they will
get the colors right. I've used them before, so I
believe this will be fine.

I'd suggest you ask your...
Forum: Digital Photography April 2nd 13, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Catchlights with side lighting?

Sometimes I use side lighting to get dramatic effects, particularly when
shooting men. But then there are no catchlights in the eyes, or at least
not in the iris. Has anyone here ever had luck...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 13, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
Photographing a statue - some advice

David Hare-Scott says...

How can I light this in a way that reveals the detail of
the intricate carving, the deep, almost glowing, patina
of the wood and the general form and proportions of...
Forum: Digital Photography April 1st 13, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By Peabody[_3_]
How to photograph an oil painting

Jennifer Murphy says...

I need to get a very high resolution digital image of a
20" x 24" oil painting so I can make a photo-quality
print at near full size (20x24).

-snip-

I did...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21