Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AKT
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 09, 07:07 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By AKT
Free utility to combine 4 jpegs into one jpeg?

AKT wrote:

Calum wrote:

AKT wrote:
Therefore I need to combine 4 jpg files into one jpg file. Is there a
free utility that...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By AKT
Free utility to combine 4 jpegs into one jpeg?

In article , wrote:

I think he may mean simply 4 different pictures stuck together.

In other words, just like taking four prints and laying...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 09, 06:09 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By AKT
Free utility to combine 4 jpegs into one jpeg?

ray wrote:

Following up on your response, do you have images that overlap which you
wish to make into a mosaic, or are we talking about simply a collage?

The photos are...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 09, 06:05 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital

Calum wrote:

AKT wrote:
Therefore I need to combine 4 jpg files into one jpg file. Is there a
free utility that will do this on Mac OSX? Thanks.

Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 09, 05:24 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By AKT
Free utility to combine 4 jpegs into one jpeg?

Troy Piggins wrote:

I'm truly curious -- from what I can see, "ray" named the three obvious
possiblities: panorama (combine spatially), HDR (combine "depthwise" to
Forum: Digital Photography August 14th 09, 01:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 137
Posted By AKT
Free utility to combine 4 jpegs into one jpeg?

Therefore I need to combine 4 jpg files into one jpg file. Is there a
free utility that will do this on Mac OSX? Thanks.
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 09, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By AKT
Newbie needs a flickr tutorial

Chris Malcolm wrote:

: But there is then the risk that any of them can do anything to
: any of the uploaded photographs. Depends on how grown up your
: tour members are,...
Forum: Digital Photography June 2nd 09, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By AKT
Newbie needs a flickr tutorial

I am computer savvy, even camera savvy, but not savvy with flickr or
such sharing sites. Recently I participated in a group tour. The
organization wants me to help people post and share their...
Forum: Digital Photography January 25th 08, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 79
Posted By AKT
Fuji's DSLR killer

Alfred Molon wrote:

: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08012410fujifS100FS.asp
: 2/3" sensor, 11MP, IS, 28-400mm zoom, compact and lightweight

Very interesting indeed. I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 16th 07, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By AKT
Compact Camera with RAW - what's the cheapest possible one ?

Steve M wrote:

: Anyone have any ideas on this ?

Cheapest possible compact camera with RAW -

Fuji Finepix F700 ($99 refurbished at Refurb Depot)
Fuji FinePix E550...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 07, 03:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By AKT
Is Amazon's 30-day return policy truly unconditional?

Scott Schuckert wrote:

: Not by much. In both cases, you've converted new, salable store stock
: into junk that legally has to be sold as used, or at very least demo. A
: 20%...
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 07, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By AKT
Is Amazon's 30-day return policy truly unconditional?

The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet :

: We do know why Costco did what it did. They said so...

We know nothing. All you seem to know is what they said. Truth is not
the only...
Forum: Digital Photography December 13th 07, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By AKT
Is Amazon's 30-day return policy truly unconditional?

The Spider Formally Seated Next To Little Miss Muffet
wrote:

: If you can't decided which camera you want then find them
: locally buy a memory card or whatever and then test...
Forum: Digital Photography December 12th 07, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By AKT
Is Amazon's 30-day return policy truly unconditional?

Just wondering: Is Amazon's 30-day return policy truly unconditional?
For example, if I am undecided between three cameras, would they be ok
with my ordering and trying all three, keeping the one I...
Forum: Digital Photography December 10th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By AKT
Alternatives to Panasonic TZ3? Or, best camera for $250?

A friend has posed the following question: If I like the Panasonic TZ3,
what are the competitive offerings from Nikon, Canon, etc?

Is there something else which is better value with similar price...
Forum: Digital Photography December 2nd 07, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 14
Posted By AKT
Which camera for pocket? Sigma DP1?

Kinon O'Cann wrote:

: But are the Panasonic cameras as good?
: Same camera, different label.

To be precise: Same hardware, different software. Leica's is pricier
and said to be...
Forum: Digital Photography December 2nd 07, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By AKT
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

David J Taylor
wrote:

: We use AutoStitch (free, no skill required!):

No mac version of Autostitch, sadly. But the page refers to...
Forum: Digital Photography December 1st 07, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By AKT
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

John Navas wrote:

: While 28 mm wide angle is nice, I'm often able to get the wide image
: I want with my minimum 36 mm focal length by shooting multiple images
: and...
Forum: Digital Photography November 28th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By AKT
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

Kinon O'Cann wrote:

: I got the FZ50. ;-)

My first camera eons ago was Canon G-III QL 17, a classic range-finder
that was small and light but with the lens sticking out, not...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 07, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By AKT
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

David J Taylor
wrote:

: Quite recently I have bought the TZ3, and it works
: very well. There is a degree of manual control in that (1)...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 07, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By AKT
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

Dennis Pogson wrote:

: You are looking for the impossible...

Why impossible? The TZ-3 and many other cameras show that it is
possible to put significant zoom...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By AKT
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

Dennis Pogson wrote:

: The FZ3 would be my choice...

Great camera and discounted prices are good these days, but one reason
I had picked the three models named in...
Forum: Digital Photography November 26th 07, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By AKT
Panasonic FZ-18 v LX-2 v TZ-3

I know they are very different cameras, but I am using this question as
an excuse to think aloud to myself and also to learn how you feel about
what is important in an "only take-everywhere" digital...
Forum: Digital Photography November 16th 07, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 5
Posted By AKT
Ideal travel camera...

Please advise on a pocketable cameras with good color, good IQ, and
these features:

1. 28 or wider lens
2. decent telephoto (200+ ?)
3. Aperture priority
4. Image stabilization
5. Fast operation
5....
Forum: Digital Point & Shoot Cameras August 23rd 07, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Replies: 1
Posted By AKT
Everybody on vacation? :-)

So few posts here...I hope everybody is having a great time wherever
they are vacationing!
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25